Gargi- The ideal Bahu of maurya family

rbpll thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

The way gargi adjusted in Maurya family is commendable despite come from such a vastly different background. Moreover, she care about them so much like yesterday for kanak didi and tomorrow she will also come up with a plan for cheering pinky. 

All are good but I feel that somewhere makers are trying to make Gargi the typical ITV Bahu that keep whole family's expectation above and her's at the last. I am not saying that she have to fight with kanak and daadi, but at least put her point forward. I mean c'mon it's 200 cr business, she can't leave it aise hi.

I miss the business intelligence of gargi which she used to apply in jai mata di tent house. Here, she have to think twice to go in her business den. It's Manu who have to come up with plan and take care of her business. Yes! The concern is understandable but the determination and fire is missing in her as a business woman. She is the same girl who said ki "agar kaam kiya hai to halak se bhi paise nikaal ke laayenge agar zaroorat pade to". 

In order to make the perfect DIL, maker should not turn gargi into the typical ITV bahu, who is everyone's favourite, understand every family member's problem and POV, perfectly do the household chores, but keep her ambition and prorities at the backburner. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LauraM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Gargi has certainly changed, but I don't think she'll become typical DIL. (Although this thought crossed my mind, too.)

Whatever she does now is out of love for Mannu and Maurya family. Few days ago, Mannu asked her why would she prepare tea since Kannu has been doing this. What has changed? So, Gargi replayed that everything has changed. And I think it's her heart that changed. 

As for lack of determination, yes, Gargi doesn't look so strong now. 

When she joined Tent House business, she was still angry young woman who thought that she can fight the world. And she had one simple goal - to make profit in order to leave Mannu. Also, Tent House was relatively small business.

She is much more vulnerable now, when her Dad is in jail, and she almost lost her real love - Mannu. Not to mention that her Dad's business is much more complicated, and not completely legal, too. Now is more difficult to make priorities, and that's why she lost her determination. But it looks natural to me. 

She can't even do simple job, like checking preparation at the wedding venue, while her thoughts and heart are somewhere else๐Ÿ˜ณ The scene when she sees Mannu everywhere was so cute.

rbpll thumbnail

Agree each and every thing you written. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

However vulnerability and care all is fine but that should not compromise her determination, intelligence, and fire for the business. Off course, struggle and challenges would be there, overcoming which she will be more stronger.

What my concern is that daadi and kanak orderred not to go in daddy's den which is understandable on their part (i find it funny though as when gargi was constantly saying that this business is danger, maurya family were not listening at that time. One shot on Manu and every one takes a u turn๐Ÿคฃ)

But gargi just accept it. Being brought up in such a environment she has the best understanding of the area of her business. I would have loved if gargi tries to make them understand of her joining the business obviously not fighting with them everyday. It's like she also don't want to go there. Whatever little trips she is making in daddy's den, is due to some obligation to business. 

More than gargi, it's Manu who seems to be more determined in handling daddy's business.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜†

Minionite thumbnail

See my thought process is different. After watching the last few episodes, I've come to the conclusion that Gargi isn't becoming the ideal bahu, but she's trying hard to become a part of the family.

Before she realized her love for Manu, she took part in the tenthouse and in the house affairs only when it suited her needs. She wanted to get out of the marriage and family quickly so she put her entire being into making the tenthouse a success and ensuring that the family didn't get in her way.

Over time, as she realized her love for Manu and Vishwas left her life, she still was a part of the tenthouse, but not as actively. She became a part of the family more. This is before she confessed or knew that Manu loved her. And while doing this, Daddy went to jail and left his entire business to her disposal. So now she was doing double duty. Trying to care for a business, while making her place in the Maurya family. And no matter how much she told the Maurya family that the business was dangerous, she was always happy they were there. Remember that scene with the MLA? She said she has her family and that's when they stood up protectively, not the other way around.

With Manu getting shot and almost dying though, her priorities have changed. In many families, Gargi would have ended up getting the blame even if it wasn't her fault. Even she blames herself. Manu has tried to dissuade her, but that feeling isn't getting shaken off, especially because now the family doesn't want her dealing with Daddy's business. So she's compensating, or over compensating. She's trying to please the family by doing the things that a woman is expected to do. It's not that her fire has dimmed or been extinguished. It's not that she's now channeling it towards a different direction.

In the meantime, Manu has had the opposite journey. At first, it was about keeping Gargi happy and safe. Then he proclaimed his love (rather accidentally) and it became about hearing Gargi say "I love you" as well. And now it's about keeping Gargi safe and fulfilling his duties towards her dreams and family as well. He said it rather nicely - just like the Maurya family is Gargi's, the Kushwa family is his. He can't expect Gargi to become a part of his family, if he can't become a part of hers. And thus, his energy is now towards saving Daddy's business and bringing Daddy out of jail so that Gargi's tensions reduce and they can leave that business to the expert.

rbpll thumbnail

Agree to everything. But again I feel the drive towards business is less as per my expectations. The vulnerability, love, duty, guilt all are fine, but again somewhere business for gargi is taking backseat, considering her skills are good. 

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: rbpll

Agree to everything. But again I feel the drive towards business is less as per my expectations. The vulnerability, love, duty, guilt all are fine, but again somewhere business for gargi is taking backseat, considering her skills are good. 

Yeah but she does have limited hours in the day and she's trying to become a part of the family, help Manu in the tenthouse business, and run Daddy's business on the side. When she does run the business, she runs it the best she can. I think the problem is that while she's used the violence and guns that come with Daddy's business, she doesn't know how to deal with the creeps and tharkis.

She was ready to deal with Rastogi, but she lost her way when he tried to rape her. Now, I have a feeling, based on the precap, that she will be the one to deceive Rastogi and get her money out of him.

rbpll thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

Yeah but she does have limited hours in the day and she's trying to become a part of the family, help Manu in the tenthouse business, and run Daddy's business on the side. When she does run the business, she runs it the best she can. You yourself answer the question. She is juggling so many things together, 2 businesses, household chores, helping riddhi in studies, taking pinky's problem under consideration etc. An underlay theme that she can balance work and home properly. In other words the typical ITV bahu, who is perfect. Such portrayal of perfect married woman creates unrealistic expectations that woman can manage multiple things perfectly.

In realistic scenario, a person irrespective man or woman who is taking care of 2 businesses- one is at its initial stage and other is so dangerous need a lot of hustling, strategising and planning. In such a case one hardly have time to focus on other things. 

Any ways, now daddy is back gargi will be again in her safe cocoon. Now shweta will take all of her focus.๐Ÿ˜†

I think the problem is that while she's used the violence and guns that come with Daddy's business, she doesn't know how to deal with the creeps and tharkis. Yeah that's true. Before handling the business, she is more in the position of observing the people. Now she herself tackling the various kind of clients which also include creeps and stalkers.

She was ready to deal with Rastogi, but she lost her way when he tried to rape her. That's natural and understandable. It happened suddenly, obviously she didn't see it coming. That scene was actually long, but they edit half of it.