Pain and Reflections

Siaa_Rickman thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Hello Everyone!

Hope you all are doing well! Weekend's here, my bheja is already fried with what I see on screen and my mind's now wandered off to other good topicsπŸ˜†

I wanted to initially write this as a ficlet, but couldn't get time to write down. So for now, just penning down my thoughts here and looking forward to your views on it.

There's always been discussion on Arylie and the Rathore family in general. The show's the same with much focus on Aryan, his pain and anguish. I do understand that the show is about Imlie and then, since her path crosses with Aryan, they now explore more of that equation.

What I feel is the other characters are so underrated and not given much space even though there could be so many incredible plot-lines. It could be with Meethi, Satyakaam and the Rathore ladies - so many tangents that they could delve and wonderfully build around but well! πŸ˜”

So back to the character that I focus on today - Arpita!

While Aryan lost a brother, his support system, the father figure in his life, Arpita is also a woman who lost her husband, her friend, her partner for life. Not much has been shown on the Arpita - Arvind equation but from the snippets we see, there's clearly a beautiful bonding between the husband and wife. 

Mutual trust, respect, honour, love. Any woman would cherish a man who cherishes her family, her own as his own!  They would have been the couple who would gracefully with all patience handle all things that life threw them their way.

There could be a back story to their marriage - the couple who loved and whose love was growing stronger as the years grew by or the couple that discovered love and life together after marriage. Arvind seems to be a man of calm demeanor, soothing guy, warmly made a place for himself in Arpita's family.

Be it either way, the way they were, they would be couple-goals! Not the passionate one like Arylie would be but the ones that are age-old charming, the ones we would look at and sigh 'aisa pyar sirf nassebon ko milta hai!'

I read in a fiction somewhere (full credits to that writer) that no relationship is perfect. It's like a mortar and pestle that needs to grind everything that comes in way and overtime it becomes snug. Perfect for each other and that's how I imagine Arvind - Arpita to have been. Fitting as a puzzle.

To lose such a partner, all of a sudden, to see him literally burn in front of her eyes, what was the trauma she went through. How did she survive that night and the ones that followed?. We saw her phobia with fire but was that the only physical evidence of her trauma? How did she survive staying in that very same house that echoes and reminds every moment with her husband?

How did she recover enough to not be disoriented in life? I wouldn't say that it is the end of the world and that one cannot recover and move on, but it's too tragic. That sort of trauma is not something that one easily recovers from, so how did she? (I wouldn't even touch the topic of how they made her recover from her pyrophobia )

Even for the small things that go wrong in life, we generally tend to end up blaming, cursing everything, everyone, anyone possible.

It's like we need an outlet to blame something or someone. And of-course, that's why we need therapies.

With that being usually the behaviour, I always wonder why is Arpita not getting triggered by Aditya or his family? I do agree that there should be some rationale or some proof to even confirm the errors of Aditya, but pain doesn't see rationale, doesn't know logic. That anguish is out of bounds to comprehend anything. Wouldn't there be a bare minimum anger stemming from her heart-ache for her to avoid Aditya at all cost and consequently his family? Not even little resentment and bitterness? 

I would like see this emotional depth on screen but it's ITV and I need to tamper my wishes. πŸ˜†

Closing off my musings with this beautifully haunting ghazal by Arijit Singh and the lyrics remind me of Arpita and Arvind. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9bGgDa3eg

The video has English translation as well! 

Muskurahat Ko Bhi Aane Pe Mazaa Aane Lage
Gum Ko Bhi Itni Khushi Do Woh Muskurane Lage

Imagine Arpita looking at Arvind's portrait, reminiscing about all the moments with her husband. 
There are tears streaming down her face yet she's trying to be brave, trying to find her happiness amidst all the pain.

Udaasiyon Tale Hai Muskurahatein Dabi
Zaraa Se Honth Hilao Tumhein Dikhengi Abhi
Usko Dekho Jo Tumhein Zindagi Dikhane Lage
Gum Ko Bhi Itni Khushi Do Woh Muskurane Lage

One night that changed her entire life, robbed her of all smiles. Will her lips ever smile the same way again?.
She touches his portrait, heart breaking with realization that she can never touch him again. 
Never to see his eyes lit up with smile looking at her or to never feel those hands warmly caress her again. 
Not in this life-time, never again. 
She knew she would move on, she would smile enough to put her pain to shame, she would do so for her family but she would never be the same Arpita ever again!

Do let me know your thoughts, lovely people πŸ€—

Edited by -Siaa- - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I like the character of Arpita -- especially how sane she is -- and I am looking forward to what happens when she starts developing a relationship with Sundar. 

Just like Aryan, Arpita is also rather quietly strong; no rhona dhona, no pity party, facing life head on. 

AmyChoco thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Beautiful writeup Sia! I think that more of Aravind & Arpi will be shown later on..when Aryan or his family opens up to Imlie. (Fingers crossed that they have roped in that actor..and isn't just using his picture πŸ˜†) But then there is that beauty in slowly picking up hints about their relationship than hearing/seeing it at one go. The room might be the first that Imlie stumbles upon (provided they use the R mansion for shooting again). 

I am assuming after witnessing Aravinds death, Arpi must have gone into shock..It must have taken her days to come back..sucked of all life. It's often the hardest hit that becomes the toughest. Just cuz she is soft,  kind hearted , had that fear of fire does not mean she wasn't tough. 

I am past scorching; not easily can'st thou scorching a scar - Herman Melville (Moby Dick)

She must have had to build  herself up. To regain that spirit to survive. For her mother, for her brother (unrecognizable now) Her brother chose to immerse himself in work. I am guessing she must have travelled with her mum/ friends while Aryan stayed back. 

As to why doesn't Arpi harbor the same hatred? Before Aravinds death, Aryan & Arpi were watching the news. Arpi looked concerned.. while Aryan was angered by the journalists (Adi being one of them). So the factory problem didn't happen overnight. There must have been a build up to it. Aravind must have been stressed and more than Arpi, he must have discussed it with Aryan. There must have been other articles..even by Adi. Cut to the scene. Aryan already had his eyes on Adi. In that panic stricken moment, he spotted Adi asking Aravind to get inside. (Funny thing about panic is mind conjures distorted visions which affects the recollection too) Bear in mind , bias has already set in. After the incident,  Aryan must have dug up everything related to Aravind & the factory. He must have spotted a pattern..of Adi adding fuel to the fire..

After Arpi recovered, the last thing she would do is revisit Aravinds death. For her, the person she loved is gone. No point in thinking of why and what's. Only how to move forward. But for Aryan, he has been burning ever since. He has not caught a break yet. 

Edited by _AmyChoco_ - 2 years ago