Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by Kunfaya

PC has become more indian after moving to LA.

Yes happens with lots desis

After lots of struggles they settle abroad and fight to get the citizenship and then become even more desi

Edited by BettyA1 - 2 years ago

Originally posted by BettyA1

Yes happens with lots desis

After lots of struggles they settle abroad and fight to get the citizenship and then become even more desi

They do it so that the next generation born abroad don’t forget the Indian roots 

Originally posted by Swetha-Sai

They do it so that the next generation born abroad don’t forget the Indian roots 

I don't think that's the case with PC. She didn't marry an Indian and her child will be an American citizen. I think she's doing this only for herself. 

Even so there is nothing wrong with it. In fact, good for her. She can be anywhere in the world & live the way she wants, celebrate the way she wants, everything that she wants.

It has nothing to do with becoming more desi. A lot of people move abroad because they have a certain goal in their lives or just simply they just move out of their own country because of so many reasons. That doesn't make them love less their own country.

Anyway, the beauty of it is that she made those people play holi who probably don't celebrate these festivals. Cute.

Originally posted by piya2025

Even so there is nothing wrong with it. In fact, good for her. She can be anywhere in the world & live the way she wants, celebrate the way she wants, everything that she wants.

It has nothing to do with becoming more desi. A lot of people move abroad because they have a certain goal in their lives or just simply they just move out of their own country because of so many reasons. That doesn't make them love less their own country.

Anyway, the beauty of it is that she made those people play holi who probably don't celebrate these festivals. Cute.

I didn't say that anything was wrong with it. I was simply saying the reason behind the celebration. Not because of 'desi kids' as someone said, since her kids won't be desi. 

Edited by Mahisa_22 - 2 years ago

My reply wasn't entirely to you but in general as well. Even then, their kids are 'her' kids as well. Just because they are born abroad, doesn't mean they won't be/can't inherit their mom's culture. Yes, may be not entirely but they for sure can learn, know a bit about their mom's culture.

Originally posted by piya2025

My reply wasn't entirely to you but in general as well. Even then, their kids are 'her' kids as well. Just because they are born abroad, doesn't mean they won't be/can't inherit their mom's culture. Yes, may be not entirely but they for sure can learn, know a bit about their mom's culture.

Yes, but they won't be considered 'desi' is what I'm saying. They'll be American with an Anglican last name, so they'll be considered like any other average White/mixed American. Not exactly 'desi', so nobody will expect desi behaviour from them. 

The discussion isn't about that though. It's about her wanting to celebrate her culture wherever she stays.

Photo op is one of the reasons celebs play holi

She's posing like she's in a BW song sequence...

But the goofy smile looks ridiculous, imo