Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Funny and hard hitting at the same time...but then an Indian Mom would have hardly made a difference....we have our own PM as an example.

But it's not funny at all. It reinforces stereotypes about Indians. 

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

What about the father?

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

But it's not funny at all. It reinforces stereotypes about Indians. 

He's doing it for his new audience in the West. So stereotyping Indians is the very first step from the playbook coz that's what the West likes to hear. 

He is trying so hard to get picked up as the token representation guy in any American show/movie that it might actually happen 😆

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Timely reminder that Virya Das is the guy on the right.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Those supporting 🇷🇺, remember this. Two wrongs don’t make a right. I don’t understand wtf is wrong with some Indians supporting the war when India has much to loose because of this. Learn from Russians, they themselves are against the Ukrainian invasion and are holding protests inspite of facing jail time. Russia is WRONG here. 

India as a country not speaking about it or not taking a stance makes sense. But the Indians going out there and supporting Russia in this not just exposes their ignorance but also it shows their lack of empathy for human life. : (

OT: Not at all funny because what he is basically saying is that Putin’s mother was responsible for whatever the crap he is doing. Wow!!!! *slow claps*

Edited by catchmeifucan - 2 years ago
janakai thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

geez people and their whataboutism. He is a stand up comic. It is his job to use sattire, dark humour, pointing out hypocrisy in his act. What stereotyping? Pretty sure white people don't follow him much.All NRI's are already aware of what he says as they too have experienced it b4 moving out.Indian mothers now might not do such things to their sons but generation that he was brought up with had to face these issues. And honestly conservatives in this forum really need to chill. Loving your country and culture does not mean you cant point out what's wrong in it. 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I havent come across any Indians supporting the war or Russia. The support has mainly been for India not taking an anti-Russia stance in this ordeal, which makes total sense

You cannot justify Russia's expansionism in this day and age, in the same way you simply cannot justify USA destroying middle eastern nations for its own benefit under the pretext of "war on terror"

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I havent come across any Indians supporting the war or Russia. The support has mainly been for India not taking an anti-Russia stance in this ordeal, which makes total sense

You cannot justify Russia's expansionism in this day and age, in the same way you simply cannot justify USA destroying middle eastern nations for its own benefit under the pretext of "war on terror"

You haven't been on social media much then. On Twitter and LinkedIn, every single post on Ukraine is full of semi-literate sounding people barking about how it's Ukraine's fault that it was attacked. 

Also, nobody justified any of USA's wars here. 

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

You haven't been on social media much then. On Twitter and LinkedIn, every single post on Ukraine is full of semi-literate sounding people barking about how it's Ukraine's fault that it was attacked. 

Also, nobody justified any of USA's wars here. 

They are more fringe and I have seen a lot more support for Ukraine, instead of the other way round. Today I saw an increased volume of nasty comments on Ukraine after they started stopping Indian students from crossing the border and misbehaving with them. But then again its social media. You will get an equal dose of either side based on the trends you look up, regardless of which side is right or wrong

On topic: That was a rather lame attempt from Vir Das. Rather amateurish. But so is most of his comedy