Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

This is so f$¢©€¢g shameful. I just saw a senior Ukrainian official say that it hurt him to see his countrymen fleeing because they 'had blue eyes and blonde hair'. He was speaking to a BBC reporter, who casually kept interviewing him. 

I read an article on Telegraph where some bald dude wrote that the war feels real because these are civilized people who use Netflix and Instagram. No. Kidding. 

This is how I feel when reading shit like this. 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thankfully, he has retracted and apologized for his remarks. But, he isn't the only one, sadly. 

A hollow gesture at best really. He clearly displayed what he actually feels with that comment 

Edited by CrimeMasterToto - 2 years ago
soni0812 thumbnail

What is this new trend now? 

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

This is so f$¢©€¢g shameful. I just saw a senior Ukrainian official say that it hurt him to see his countrymen fleeing because they 'had blue eyes and blonde hair'. He was speaking to a BBC reporter, who casually kept interviewing him. 

I read an article on Telegraph where some bald dude wrote that the war feels real because these are civilized people who use Netflix and Instagram. No. Kidding. 

If you all want to see how casually racist the media from the West is just go through this guy's (entire) thread:

https://twitter.com/ruchirsharma_1/status/1497653444722802695?s=20&t=7SkuWcwalfg7W2YCD_nfGQ

So in a nutshell :

Edited by trouble_006 - 2 years ago

Vir Das is not funny at all. He's just controversial. He's gained prominence thanks to the RW trolls. 

Edited by aaditi123 - 2 years ago
Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: trouble_006

If you all want to see how casually racist the media from the West is just go through this guy's (entire) thread:

https://twitter.com/ruchirsharma_1/status/1497653444722802695?s=20&t=7SkuWcwalfg7W2YCD_nfGQ

So in a nutshell :

I know. Seen all of those already. 

I guess they're taking advantage of the fact that these little snippets wouldn't get noticed in the war coverage. 

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: aaditi123

Vir Das is not funny at all. He's just controversial. He's gained prominence thanks to the RW trolls. 

He's an attention wh**e, to put it succinctly. 

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

I know. Seen all of those already. 

I guess they're taking advantage of the fact that these little snippets wouldn't get noticed in the war coverage. 

It's more than that, the supremacy is so deeply ingrained that they don't even realise that whatever they are spewing is so problematic. Coz for them it's not. The 'others' are dehumanised to such an extent from the beginning that their deaths don't even matter as a statistic. They are just cannon fodder. 

I have seen such tweets from so many blue tick handles in the past few days how it's the first war between two 'civilised' countries in so and so years. 

If someone reminds these folks about Iraq and Afghanistan, you'll see the horrible justifications in the replies. Invading a country is apparently fine as long as its them doing it. 

US dropped bombs in Somalia two days back. No coverage or hue and cry . 

Edited by trouble_006 - 2 years ago
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I'm aware that Ukraine has traditionally had an anti-India stance. That's the reason why so many Indians are against them. But that shouldn't stop us from empathizing with the innocent civilians who are getting butchered in this war. 

I’m saying Russia is wrong here. 

But Ukrainian should realise they are being used like lambs by the racist west. They are being accepted by them, but they are the reason they are loosing home and lives. The only thing working for them is the west is supporting them in other ways. While the bomb and ruin other eastern countries and shut the doors on their face.