Is Sab TV no more a comedy but a crime and pravachan channel?

Posted: 2 years ago

I am disappointed the way Sab TV has turned out from the last few months. The channel which had comedy or light-hearted shows in majority is now filled with crime, pravachan or social message shows? This is unfair for actual viewers of the channel who brought it to the 2nd 3rd position from the 6th position. Though TMKOC quality have become bad as per many viewers, I never thought I would say but I admit that even with bad quality this show is looking better in front of all Sab TV shows except WKD or may be even Good Night India. But even WKD's quality has lowered and it's not the same as earlier as it's including many serious topics. The remaining shows ZDMN, Shubh Labh, Sab Satrangi and even Maddam Sir I don't understand why it's on Sab TV which was supposed to have comedy and light-hearted shows instead of any crime, pravachan or social issue shows. Jijaji Chhat Patr Koii Hai was the last show which had proper comedy. Yes it was horror comedy which means it had horror story too and also had some negative points but they never cut down on comedy and it was one of the best show on the channel in recent times. The dialogues were relatable like how we speak in real life. I guess even TYHM was good till Shweta Gulati was the FL but once she was killed and Sayantani Ghosh was brought the show's plot completely changed. Kaatelal could have been better had the FLs been already hair-dressers without some struggle shown like daily soaps and comedy stories revolved around her and her family. Then one by one both FLs had MLs change which ruined the quality further and the final destruction was both FLs becoming estranged but married with men who in-laws were chauvinists unaware of the girls ambitions like was it really necessary in a show supposed to be light-hearted drama if not entirely comedy. 

Right now, Sab TV is something which old viewers can't recognise. The channel which had majority shows in comedy genre in urban setting and bright colouring effect of the picture is now filled with serious shows with pravachan, crime or social issues with dark colouring effect of the picture. Majority of show's looks like Crime Patrol or Savdhaan India. Earlier, the shows were mostly in urban setting with FLs working and in modern stylish clothes but from last 2-3 shows the shows are in rural or small town setting with FLs in simple traditional or outdated clothes. Okay now don't jump on me for being biased to urban shows with FLs in modern clothes. I am not against rural shows with FLs in traditional clothes but don't we have enough channels for that? Kyun ek urban comedy channel ko Colors aur Dangal TV banaane pe lage huve hai? Ek hi to channel hai comedy ka to use to rehne do na. The channel's quality started getting bad from the repetitive negative tracks in Kaatelal and even in Hero. But when JCPKH ended, ZDMN which was okay for 2 weeks started becoming too serious decreasing comedy content and TYHM reached a new low with some jija-saali nonsense. WKD though was going good but even it started bringing some weird and unnecessary stories. SL which replaced JCPKH further decreased the quality of the channel as this show not at all is suitable for the channel that also at prime time. Many may think it's getting 0.6-0.7 which is moderate but the truth is its reach is lowest on the channel that is very less people watch it but those viewers are most probably daily soap fans who hardly change the channel so due high time spent but low reach its TRP becomes 0.6-0.7 after calculation. If it's time spent was around same as other shows it would not even cross 0.4. Now Sab Satrangi is another rural setting show which created one of the worst show hype for 1.5 months regarding ML's missing wife who people expected as FL but she was just a few minutes side character who cheated and framed the ML. Then he had next marriage which was with FL done forcibly by her father. And now this girl like previous wife too have a boyfriend. It looks like reverse Bhagyalakshmi show. Why we need such a serious plot on this channel when there are many other channels available for that? Sab TV GRP which was between 175-185 till August now on an average gets between 135-145 and this week its 125. It clearly shows how people are driving away from the channel due to present content. Yes it's true most of the GRPs come from TMKOC repeats but even original content needs to attract people's interests which they are failing to do so. Sab TV has majority of male viewers or viewers who are busy with study or office. After a long day, they expect some comedy or light-hearted shows to relieve their tiredness and stress not to stress them further with these kinds of shows. Yes GNI is comedy but it's non-fictional reality show not a fictional show so it's getting low ratings. Prashant Bhatt entering Sab TV as new programming head in November worsened the channel's state. This man earlier worked in Colors and Dangal channel so we can expect what kind of shows he will pass on the channel. I don't understand why Sab TV has changed so much from the next half of 2021? Is it because of the merger of Sony-Zee in planning? Or for some other reason?

It's because of Sony bouquet many people are still not unsubscribing the channel otherwise they would have unsubscribed it long back like people did with AndTV after it started those horrible dubbed horror shows playing it's promos every now and then. If NTO2.0 had not delayed many would have unsubscribed Sab TV as it would no longer be in Sony bouquet as per NTP2.0 plan. I can only wish for Sab TV to come back in its earlier state though it don't look possible now. I may be bashed for saying my views on the channel but it's my honest views. 

Edited by Juhi_04 - 1 years ago

Well said👍🏼

Since, they are gradually making SONY a channel for reality shows, they are slowly making SAB TV a GEC like star plus and zee tv. Only tmkoc is out and out comedy show, rest are all serious show. I used to like WKD, but from few months, its plot lines are serious, dragged, and nonsensical. 

Yes Your Right Juhi 

Sabtv Isnt A Comedy Channel Anymore.

I Quit Watching Any Show On This Channel

Originally posted by rbpll

Well said👍🏼

Since, they are gradually making SONY a channel for reality shows, they are slowly making SAB TV a GEC like star plus and zee tv. Only tmkoc is out and out comedy show, rest are all serious show. I used to like WKD, but from few months, its plot lines are serious, dragged, and nonsensical. 

Glad that you understood. I am not saying don't bring such shows. Par at least Sab TV ko baksh do. They can bring it on Sony or on their soon to be merged channels Zee TV abd AndTV. Sab TV ko comedy ke liye hi rehne do. JCPKH was the last show with actual comedy. Even Aladdin was comedy and Bhakarwadi too but they ruined Bhakarwadi after that stupid leap. As per one of the actor of WKD, BDSAH2 is on the plan but it's getting delayed. 

Originally posted by SilverBell

Yes Your Right Juhi 

Sabtv Isnt A Comedy Channel Anymore.

I Quit Watching Any Show On This Channel

I have not watched anything on SAB TV from 5 months. I can't even remove it due to bouquet pack. The other shows are suitable for Sony. The channel better bring back comedy as it's GRP is lowest in more than a year that is 125 when till August it would be between 175-185. 

Originally posted by Juhi_04

I have not watched anything on SAB TV from 5 months. I can't even remove it due to bouquet pack. The other shows are suitable for Sony. The channel better bring back comedy as it's GRP is lowest in more than a year that is 125 when till August it would be between 175-185. 

I Hope The Channel Brings Back Comedy Shows Like Before Otherwise Who Will Still Watch Sabtv. People That Like Saas Bahu Type Of Serials I Guess.

Originally posted by SilverBell

I Hope The Channel Brings Back Comedy Shows Like Before Otherwise Who Will Still Watch Sabtv. People That Like Saas Bahu Type Of Serials I Guess.

SL is getting more ratings with lowest viewers as those viewers spend more time during the show telecast changing the channel very less unlike us who often change channel to watch news or cricket score. So after calculation it becomes 0.6-0.7. On an average 15-16 mins is spent out of 30 minutes while even a show with 2bd highest viewers WKD has average time spent of 11-12 minutes. If SL has this much average time spent then it won't cross even 0.4. 

Now they gave 7pm slot to upcoming DYG. It's not that I will watch the show since Contiloe will make it more dramatic and drag a lot like their Ashoka, Tenali Rama and Vighnaharta Ganesha but giving such a high budget show 7pm slot is stupidity as the shows her 0.2-0.3 at that slot. They have recently given early or late night slots to 3 new shows but still keeping low performing older shows at the same slots instead of shifting it. Why JCPKH was not given 7pm to let it continue? Or why SL was not given 7pm but was given 9:30 even being a non-comedy? Don't understand what the channel is even thinking before making such ridiculous decisions? 

Edited by Juhi_04 - 2 years ago

I so agree. For most part, I have not seen SAB TV in 2+ years. It's gotten so boring, the comedy seems so dead. 

I miss FIR, Chidhyaghar, Jeannie Aur Juju, Sajan Phir Jhoot Mat Bolo, etc. They were truly amazing shows that gave you a good laugh... most these new shows are try-hard social serials that SAB is not meant for. It's time for them to really re-think what the channel is meant for.. agar social pe rakhna hai then completely rebrand the network; remove the "HASTE RAHO INDIA" tag, the smiley face branding.

Originally posted by azaanabbas

I so agree. For most part, I have not seen SAB TV in 2+ years. It's gotten so boring, the comedy seems so dead. 

I miss FIR, Chidhyaghar, Jeannie Aur Juju, Sajan Phir Jhoot Mat Bolo, etc. They were truly amazing shows that gave you a good laugh... most these new shows are try-hard social serials that SAB is not meant for. It's time for them to really re-think what the channel is meant for.. agar social pe rakhna hai then completely rebrand the network; remove the "HASTE RAHO INDIA" tag, the smiley face branding.

I have not seen since 5 months after JCPKH ended. JCPKH though was horror comedy but it would make people laugh even though it scared them. The shows you mentioned were also nice. Well, they removed Haste Raho India I think in 2019 with a new tagline Khushiyonwali Feelings which is there till now. It also has smiley emoji on written in place of 'D' on Sab TV HD. Crime Patrol aur paravachan jaise shows dikhaakar kaunsa Khushiyonwali Feelings de rahe hai. Then should change the tagline with Dukhiyonwali Feelings and sad emoji. Even WKD is getting more serious. As for DYG, whoever knows the story will know the story is very sad and emotional which makers will make even more dramatic. I hope the GRP decreases even more and the channel come down to 4th position from 3rd. Tab akkal aayegi inhe.