Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YourCat thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

So he is a hypocrite like most of the people 

Minionite thumbnail

It seems like people don't know the full story, so, as a Canadian, I think it's time you all learnt the full truth and not some misinformation.

This all started about 25 days ago when Trudeau imposed a vaccine mandate on truckers - either you have a vaccine or you won't be allowed across the border. 90% of truckers had vaccines so they were fine with it, but the other 10% didn't like the idea and decided to protest against it. It took these truckers around 3 to 4 days to set up and reach Ottawa (the capital of Canada) to protest. During this time, anti-vaxxers, white supremist groups, and other hate groups managed to get together and decide to join the truckers.

That was 20 days ago. During this time, these group of people have sat on their horns, blocked major streets, installed a hot tub and bouncy castle, abused national monuments, and abused regular people walking the streets. They have turned a protest into an occupation.

But they are not alone to blame. Trudeau and his inactions are to blame as well. He let this "protest" go on and the police did nothing to stop it. This is the same guy that broke up a First Nations protest within a day. This is the same guy who denounced the farmers' protests and those supporting it in Canada. He just shut himself up in his office and did nothing for 20 days when it came to these protests. Why? Make a guess...

He has now announced an Emergency because it is exactly that. These "protestors" have occupied downtown Ottawa, several border crossings with the US, and are threatening to now occupy downtown Toronto. They are no longer peacefully protesting against vaccine mandates, but breaking laws and abusing people. If you or I were to walk down the street with our masks on, we would be called names, have our masks wrenched off, and possibly even attacked.

Not that the Emergency has done anything yet, but the hope is that finally the police will get off their ass and break this freaking occupation up. Freedom isn't just for the thousands, it's for the millions. And because of these few thousand protestors, all Canadians are suffering. Supplies aren't getting to place on time, our lockdowns and attempts to keep ourselves and others safe by getting vaccines is beginning to look like a farce, and at any time we could be attacked for being regular people all because some people can't get over their hate even in a time like this.

To top it off, we have an asshole incumbent leader of another party who has openly said that he will get rid of all mandates if he is elected (basically that he supports these protests). Right now, as an average Canadian, we are stuck between a cliff and a well. We can either support Trudeau and fall down into a well or support these protestors and die in a cliff.

Edited by Minionite - 2 years ago
Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: trouble_006

Nah, I download ebooks. Goodreads and reddit communities give great recommendations.  And I know secured sites where you can download them easily😎

KU has horrible collection. 

I only go to wattpad for this series 'Prithvi'. One of the best written as well as the slowest written fiction I've ever read. The author has been writing it for 13+ years and still going on. But it is awesome (writing wise). 

What is KU? 13+ years? Damn! ðŸ˜²

Mahisa_22 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

It seems like people don't know the full story, so, as a Canadian, I think it's time you all learnt the full truth and not some misinformation.

This all started about 25 days ago when Trudeau imposed a vaccine mandate on truckers - either you have a vaccine or you won't be allowed across the border. 90% of truckers had vaccines so they were fine with it, but the other 10% didn't like the idea and decided to protest against it. It took these truckers around 3 to 4 days to set up and reach Ottawa (the capital of Canada) to protest. During this time, anti-vaxxers, white supremist groups, and other hate groups managed to get together and decide to join the truckers.

That was 20 days ago. During this time, these group of people have sat on their horns, blocked major streets, installed a hot tub and bouncy castle, abused national monuments, and abused regular people walking the streets. They have turned a protest into an occupation.

But they are not alone to blame. Trudeau and his inactions are to blame as well. He let this "protest" go on and the police did nothing to stop it. This is the same guy that broke up a First Nations protest within a day. This is the same guy who denounced the farmers' protests and those supporting it in Canada. He just shut himself up in his office and did nothing for 20 days when it came to these protests. Why? Make a guess...

He has now announced an Emergency because it is exactly that. These "protestors" have occupied downtown Ottawa, several border crossings with the US, and are threatening to now occupy downtown Toronto. They are no longer peacefully protesting against vaccine mandates, but breaking laws and abusing people. If you or I were to walk down the street with our masks on, we would be called names, have our masks wrenched off, and possibly even attacked.

Not that the Emergency has done anything yet, but the hope is that finally the police will get off their ass and break this freaking occupation up. Freedom isn't just for the thousands, it's for the millions. And because of these few thousand protestors, all Canadians are suffering. Supplies aren't getting to place on time, our lockdowns and attempts to keep ourselves and others safe by getting vaccines is beginning to look like a farce, and at any time we could be attacked for being regular people all because some people can't get over their hate even in a time like this.

To top it off, we have an asshole incumbent leader of another party who has openly said that he will get rid of all mandates if he is elected (basically that he supports these protests). Right now, as an average Canadian, we are stuck between a cliff and a well. We can either support Trudeau and fall down into a well or support these protestors and die in a cliff.

You know, I went out for paani puri some 15 minutes ago. And on the way there, I was randomly thinking about this subject and randomly thought, "Why not tag our Canadian mod Shreya on the topic".

No bull. 

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

You know, I went out for paani puri some 15 minutes ago. And on the way there, I was randomly thinking about this subject and randomly thought, "Why not tag our Canadian mod Shreya on the topic".

No bull. 

Honestly I was waiting for a topic on this protest. For the first time ever, Trudeau has brought Canada to the world stage - and all because of negativity.

Even the unmarked graves didn't put us on the world radar like this did. ðŸ¤”

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

What is KU? 13+ years? Damn! ðŸ˜²

KU : Kindle unlimited 

And yup 13+ years. The author actually has put up a disclaimer in the description that if you are a new reader you shouldn't start reading it as she'll take her time to wrap it up. Until then you should ignore it. 

So many years of reading fiction, never have I encountered such a request by any author ðŸ˜†

Mahisa_22 thumbnail

Honestly I was waiting for a topic on this protest. For the first time ever, Trudeau has brought Canada to the world stage - and all because of negativity.

Even the unmarked graves didn't put us on the world radar like this did. ðŸ¤”

So, if the situation is this bad, then it definitely makes sense to pull out all stops. Violence should be quelled at all costs. But my question is, that why does this movement have mass backing? From what I read, even some Americans have extended support to this movement and many prominent figures in Canada have spoken out against Covid-19 passports, calling it draconian. 

What I'm trying to understand is the ethical aspect of the movement. Whether such a movement is justified or not. 

Minionite thumbnail

So, if the situation is this bad, then it definitely makes sense to pull out all stops. Violence should be quelled at all costs. But my question is, that why does this movement have mass backing? From what I read, even some Americans have extended support to this movement and many prominent figures in Canada have spoken out against Covid-19 passports, calling it draconian. 

What I'm trying to understand is the ethical aspect of the movement. Whether such a movement is justified or not. 

See the people backing the protests are mostly Trump protestors. Trump himself spoke out in favour of these protests.

A majority of these people are those who refuse to get vaccines, think COVID is a myth, and want full freedom to do anything - including invading the White House and killing the opponents.

What exactly is the COVID-19 passport? It's a piece of paper (or a QR code if you have it on your phone) that shows that you have 2, 3, or 4 vaccinations. That's it. What's the big deal about that? Get the f-ing vaccine and these lockdowns and mandates will go away themselves.

The Emergency is justified but only against those who are actually occupying Ottawa and the borders. What it does is allow the government to cancel truck, business, or other licenses; possess bank accounts; and arrest these protestors. So of course it appears Draconian. But like I said it only affects those actually part of these occupations and they are already against Trudeau, so here's another piece of evidence against them.

I'm not with Trudeau on this. He should have taken action long ago before this became an occupation. In Paris, some protestors tried to emulate Canada and the police broke it up in a few hours with tear gas and full riot gear. Yes we don't do stuff like that in Canada, but if required they should have done that. People would forget that faster than they'll forget this. Trudeau let things get out of hand and made this into a crisis to make himself appear like a saviour. So yes, while the Emergency is justified, Trudeau basically let it get to this point.

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I am aware of when and how the protests started. In fact, I was a member of the group when it just picked up pace. It all started with good intentions of protesting vaccine mandates, similar to farmer protests, but quickly escalated due to the participation of groups with ulterior motives. Indian Government always wanted a peaceful discussion but were labelled as fascists, while fringe groups joined protests and blocked commercial routes all the subsequent ruckus during 26th Jan you must have seen on news channels.  The opposition, as well as the western MSM, labelled Modi into a fascist leader. Even Trudeau gave his inputs  of speaking for protestors in order for him to perform his leftist-pleasing act. Now when he heard the same tune, he wasted no time in declaring emergency.

When the pandemic mania dust settles, the truth will come out that these leaders were the front runners in all this, especially creating mandates with good intentions but with ulterior motives of building a surveillance state.  Also heard that Trudeau family has investment in Pfizer company so who exactly benefits from these mandates?

Edited by Zeal17 - 2 years ago
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

See the people backing the protests are mostly Trump protestors. Trump himself spoke out in favour of these protests.

A majority of these people are those who refuse to get vaccines, think COVID is a myth, and want full freedom to do anything - including invading the White House and killing the opponents.

What exactly is the COVID-19 passport? It's a piece of paper (or a QR code if you have it on your phone) that shows that you have 2, 3, or 4 vaccinations. That's it. What's the big deal about that? Get the f-ing vaccine and these lockdowns and mandates will go away themselves.

The Emergency is justified but only against those who are actually occupying Ottawa and the borders. What it does is allow the government to cancel truck, business, or other licenses; possess bank accounts; and arrest these protestors. So of course it appears Draconian. But like I said it only affects those actually part of these occupations and they are already against Trudeau, so here's another piece of evidence against them.

I'm not with Trudeau on this. He should have taken action long ago before this became an occupation. In Paris, some protestors tried to emulate Canada and the police broke it up in a few hours with tear gas and full riot gear. Yes we don't do stuff like that in Canada, but if required they should have done that. People would forget that faster than they'll forget this. Trudeau let things get out of hand and made this into a crisis to make himself appear like a saviour. So yes, while the Emergency is justified, Trudeau basically let it get to this point.

Covid passport is just piece of paper. ðŸ˜²