Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: anjs

that flag symbol is NOT swastika.......its hakencruz.........you can call it hooked cross, if you cant spell hakencruz.........dont insult swastika  which is a hindu symbol and no where related to Nazis

I'm a Hindu too and meant no disrespect there, that's just how most of the people refer to hakencruz/hooked cross without scratching beyond the surface for its actual meaning. But you're right, a hate symbol like that shouldn't be referred to as Swastika at all. 

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Minionite

See the problem is that there is so much info out there and so many different approaches. Some countries are fully open even at 50% vaccination status and others are locked down still even at 70 to 80% status. At this point, if it opens up the country, then make the vaccine mandatory or find another way to open everything up.

My point was that at first they claimed that only 70% of the population needed the vaccine to prevent community spread. In addition, anyone infected with COVID develops natural immunity which is ideally stronger than vaccine-induced immunity. Both of these points were ignored when they began imposing vaccines and mandates. The intention was to create a tyrannical state. 

They even attempted to alter the definition of a vaccine. I'm surprised you think a COVID passport is just a piece of paper when many countries prohibit people from working, shopping, or moving outside of their home unless they have a COVID passport. That's not a piece of paper. 

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

I'm a Hindu too and meant no disrespect there, that's just how most of the people refer to hakencruz/hooked cross without scratching beyond the surface for its actual meaning. But you're right, a hate symbol like that shouldn't be referred to as Swastika at all. 

ok, I didnt know you were a Hindu....... I think at least we should start using the correct word, so that others who aren't aware gets to know the truth.......... I have read how Westerners get scared seeing our swastika cause they dont know the difference...... so we have to make sure that all know about it...

It is said that Haken cruz was a symbol Hitler saw in one of his trip to church in childhood and picked up that symbol for his flag..... even his book mentions it so....also the first translation too mentions it as haken cruz..........its later when a UK guy translated it, that he replaced haken cruz with swastika...... unfortunately, our Govt never bothered to correct it ......

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20210816-the-ancient-symbol-that-was-hijacked-by-evil

Not everyone agreed with this interpretation, however. In his book The Sign of the Cross: From Golgotha to Genocide, Dr Daniel Rancour-Laferriere, an expert on Christianity, suggests that Hitler's decision to use the hakenkreuz as a symbol of the Nazi party "may have been due to his childhood upbringing at the Benedictine Monastery in Austria, where he repeatedly saw the hooked cross in many places".

Edited by anjs - 2 years ago
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

My point was that at first they claimed that only 70% of the population needed the vaccine to prevent community spread. In addition, anyone infected with COVID develops natural immunity which is ideally stronger than vaccine-induced immunity. Both of these points were ignored when they began imposing vaccines and mandates. The intention was to create a tyrannical state. 

They even attempted to alter the definition of a vaccine. I'm surprised you think a COVID passport is just a piece of paper when many countries prohibit people from working, shopping, or moving outside of their home unless they have a COVID passport. That's not a piece of paper. 

I guess it depends on where you are. In Canada, it's supposed to stop you from eating out and going to the gym and a few other things, but many places don't bother following those rules. They look at it if you have it and they pretend not to notice if you don't. And as of March 1st, many provinces are getting rid of the need of it. So it does become a piece of paper.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: anjs

ok, I didnt know you were a Hindu....... I think at least we should start using the correct word, so that others who aren't aware gets to know the truth.......... I have read how Westerners get scared seeing our swastika cause they dont know the difference...... so we have to make sure that all know about it...

It is said that Haken cruz was a symbol Hitler saw in one of his trip to church in childhood and picked up that symbol for his flag..... even his book mentions it so....also the first translation too mentions it as haken cruz..........its later when a UK guy translated it, that he replaced haken cruz with swastika...... unfortunately, our Govt never bothered to correct it ......

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20210816-the-ancient-symbol-that-was-hijacked-by-evil

Not everyone agreed with this interpretation, however. In his book The Sign of the Cross: From Golgotha to Genocide, Dr Daniel Rancour-Laferriere, an expert on Christianity, suggests that Hitler's decision to use the hakenkreuz as a symbol of the Nazi party "may have been due to his childhood upbringing at the Benedictine Monastery in Austria, where he repeatedly saw the hooked cross in many places".

It's so widespread now..how to correct this misinformation?

Swastika was Trending on Twitter.. everyone was referring to that symbol on the protest flags as Swastika..there were n number of comments from Indians correcting it under every such post..but people still went on..they don't want to listen..those who r ready to be educated can be..those who consider themselves 'know it all' and refuse to believe otherwise can't be