•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

May be an image of 1 person

May be an image of 1 person and standing

Metronome

13m0p oF7e7bn1sgru3army3ga 1ator 29id30:353  · 

Remember the role of Anurag Basu of hit 2001 StarPlus drama serial Kasauti Zindagi Kay? It was performed by Cezanne Khan. How old were you to know that he is the son of acclaimed legendary Pakistani sitarist Ustad Rais Khan, who even performed in 7th season of Coke Studio too?

Just read the fact that he's one of the six sons of legendary Sitar maestro who has received recognitions of Sitara-e-Imtiaz & Pride of Performance by Government of Pakistan for his services to music.

Sad....His father abandoned the family.

You are the son of a famous sitarist, Ustad Rais Khan. How come your brother entered the field of music but you did not?

Cezanne: My parents divorced when I was three. My brother and I were with our mother. My father did not help us financially; he left us penniless. He went off to Pakistan and got married again. We had a very difficult time. There were times when we had no money at all and my mom had to sell off her things to look after my brother and me. She even started renting out our rooms to paying guests. Many couples separate but they are looked after by their father, not so in my case though. Till the age of 21, I didn't have a room of my own. Luckily, my maternal uncles were paying for the flat we stayed in. Not just that, they stood by us also in bearing our education expenses. Thank God, 'Kasautii Zindagi Kay' happened and changed our lives. So, to answer your question, I had soon started modelling to earn some money and frankly had no inclination towards classical music. My brother however was very much interested. But I haven't gravitated towards interior decor also. My mother is an interior decorator and I don't know the difference between rosewood and teakwood.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/tellystartalk-cezanne-khan-on-problems-with-his-father-and-friction-with-shweta-tiwari-true-there-was-a-time-when-shweta-and-i-were-not-speaking-at-all/articleshow/80167237.cms

I never knew this. He does has a horrible father.