Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CaffeineMuggle thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: sourmisery

Thank you! I really wanted to focus on how young the two of them were when they made life altering decisions that unfortunately didn't work out in their favor. But I didn't want to focus on the doom and gloom of it all and show them being at a point where they could forgive themselves and each other. Life is long and mistakes are inevitable..we just have to keep living. One of these days I'll write a proper sad ending..this wasn't it xD

Sorry for being a stalker, but I was reading the comments just now and umm, caught the bold. Just wanted to say or rather request you to give a warning/disclaimer if you end up writing an angsty piece because my weak heart absolutely cannot handle tragic/sad endings 😭 and if it's your work, I will be too greedy to stop myself from reading it before it's too late. Of course it's your prerogative and I am sure you are gonna crush the next piece as well when and if you write it but just wanted to put forward my request. Hope you are not feeling too bugged.

Thank you !

nmurali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

So even when Aru was away he worked and not use the Rathore money. I love even in our stories Aru is always the hard working, responsible person. Loved your story. Hope to see more soon. 

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: CaffeineMuggle

I am literally typing and backspacing because I don't have the appropriate words or letters to convey how  gorgeous this piece was. No matter what I use, incredible or beautiful, I know for a fact that I will be understating it. This IS what I call a work of art. Seriously, how do you do it ?  The way you weave your words with those raw and real emotions, and at the same time provide us with a sublime imagery. The strength of your words hits SO hard, I can't even begin to tell you and the way you combine it with those visuals- my god, I wish I could publish it for the whole world to read. The sheer realness portrayed so authentically yet its quality of being absolutely heartwrenching remains intact. The rain scene will forever remain embedded in my heart. It made my heart hurt so much and I wanted to take their pains away, now that's what I call class writing at the risk of sounding elitist. But truly, CLASS APART. Not only did I empathize with your characters, dive deep into their world and dissolve into them, I also saw & felt the rains they were drenching in, saw the way Meethi was indulging Imlie and Aryan in her lap, saw how Aryan looked at Imlie - devoured her with his eyes and how Imlie felt intimidated yet vulnerable by his all- knowing gaze, how both of their dams broke open and the burdens in those shoulders lessened. I saw ALL that and I FELT all that. Every bit was so palpable, so beguiling that I couldn't look away for a second, look away from your words and the world you had created in it. It was playing on my mind like a film but more present and real. I might gush on and on- but can't possibly explain how much your writing touches me. This is the second piece that I am reading by you and I am awestruck by your writing skills, you feel like an superhero to me at this point and my mind is constantly saying "Ouff, I wish I could do that, write like THAT !" So glad to be a part of AryLie fandom, I get to read work like this. Any amount of "thank you's" would be less, but still thank you for the time you put into it, the efforts, the imagination, thank you for sharing your characters with us and thank you for putting your whole heart into it. It really shows, trust me. I have always felt that when a writer writes something they share a piece of their soul with us and I am grateful that you decided to do so here. There's this immense amount of appreciation and gratitude I don't know what to do with. But please, please, please keep writing (only if you find the time and no pressure, of course) I will be waiting to read another ingenious take on our favorite characters. Also 6k, wheww that must be A LOT of dedication, don't know how you managed as a writer because I can't seem to write 1k properly but as a reader, there's never too much and the heart truly always wants more. I know it is definitely greedy but I thoroughly enjoyed (and appreciated) the length.

This was AU but it also felt cannon to me in a way, with shades of pre-Arvind Arru and fiesty Imlie who got out of a toxic relationship with Aditya. Each core trait was bang on- starting with Imlie's resilience and grit, Aryan's stubbornness after giving her a choice and him following her around, Aditya's toxicity and Meethi being her daughter's biggest supporter. So many little nuances were peak story telling behavior like Imlie driving without her shoes and how her employees knew that she spends extra time at the office, Imlie getting irritated by Aryan because that's only how she knows to react after their fall-out, Aryan casually throwing in that he was back and unloading his pain only after Imlie accuses him [gave me major show Imlie vibes when Imlie breaks down in the middle of the road while it was raining- the key difference was in the show their burdens were seperate and here in your fic- there demons were shared and the longing was shared yet it was Imlie who exploded first in both, followed by Aryan] and the subsequent angst, tore my heart out. But so glad that you gave us the silver lining as well because as beautifully as you write and emote angst, I am a sucker for hope, if not complete happy endings. Hope is the one thing that keeps us all going at the end of the day, so it made my heart sing again when the old man saw them running towards their car- I choked a lilttle bit at that part, not gonna lie. So goddamn beautiful (ik i might overusing the word at this point) It felt like a fitting epilogue and I can't wait for another day to bloom for them.

Okay, I realize I might have overexceeded the courtesy/length of commenting and there are so many more things I want to appreciate about this piece that owns my heart. But, I will end it here as of today and keep coming back to it for a re-read.

Once again, thank you SO MUCH.

Please take a lot of love and good wishes from my side. 

oh.

my.

god.

the irony of being rendered completely speechless after reading a comment that is full of praises for my writing is not lost on me but OH MY GOD I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY?

Years and years I have been writing and I have been blessed to have people engage with my writing. I have had comments which are full of love and appreciation for my writing, I have had comments calling my writing superficial; the comments made out of sheer formality have greeted me more times than I could count. But this...the way you just poured your heart out like this in a comment...this is not something that happens everyday. For someone like me who had all but abandoned writing fiction because it had stopped bringing me any joy..to have someone react so viscerally to a piece of writing penned by me...this is like glowing thread of hope to hold on to when the world becomes too pitch dark. This is personal to me.

where were you when I had all but broken all my pens? T_T

I cannot bring myself to properly articulate how much your comment means to me so I won't go there. This is personal to me..this is sacred. Just know that I have saved your words forever in my heart. They'll live there till I exist.

sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: CaffeineMuggle

Sorry for being a stalker, but I was reading the comments just now and umm, caught the bold. Just wanted to say or rather request you to give a warning/disclaimer if you end up writing an angsty piece because my weak heart absolutely cannot handle tragic/sad endings 😭 and if it's your work, I will be too greedy to stop myself from reading it before it's too late. Of course it's your prerogative and I am sure you are gonna crush the next piece as well when and if you write it but just wanted to put forward my request. Hope you are not feeling too bugged.

Thank you !

ajsdhaejwaea 🤣

okay, I'll be sure to give a warning. But i don't think the sad story will happen any time soon. I am hoping to make my next one something light and fluffy. as much as i loveeeeee to make my characters cry, I also like to see them be giddy with happiness. let's see what emotions the show brings to me in the coming episodes.

gaah thank YOU for being so sweet! the way you comment on my stories, I'll do anything for you..write any genre that you wish to read if it makes you happy!!

sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: nmurali

So even when Aru was away he worked and not use the Rathore money. I love even in our stories Aru is always the hard working, responsible person. Loved your story. Hope to see more soon. 

thank you :)

Dimagkidahi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

How beautifully written… 

I love the way you wrote their confratation scene

lovereading14 thumbnail
Most Liked (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

What a lovely read. Kept me at it from start to finish!

sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovereading14

What a lovely read. Kept me at it from start to finish!

Originally posted by: blackfaree

How beautifully written… 

I love the way you wrote their confratation scene

thank you :)

CaffeineMuggle thumbnail

oh.

my.

god.

the irony of being rendered completely speechless after reading a comment that is full of praises for my writing is not lost on me but OH MY GOD I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY?

Years and years I have been writing and I have been blessed to have people engage with my writing. I have had comments which are full of love and appreciation for my writing, I have had comments calling my writing superficial; the comments made out of sheer formality have greeted me more times than I could count. But this...the way you just poured your heart out like this in a comment...this is not something that happens everyday. For someone like me who had all but abandoned writing fiction because it had stopped bringing me any joy..to have someone react so viscerally to a piece of writing penned by me...this is like glowing thread of hope to hold on to when the world becomes too pitch dark. This is personal to me.

where were you when I had all but broken all my pens? T_T

I cannot bring myself to properly articulate how much your comment means to me so I won't go there. This is personal to me..this is sacred. Just know that I have saved your words forever in my heart. They'll live there till I exist.

Oh wow, um when I penned down this comment I didn't think you would have this reaction which got me all giddy and emotional, and I honestly feel so honored and privileged that my words made you feel all that ❤️ You truly have a way with words man, because somehow you made this really personal to me as well. I am SO glad and happy that this served as some thread of hope in any form to you becauseI I know how important hope is any aspect of our life to make us look forward to the next day, you make so much efforts so of course, you deserve all the appreciation and love. I do have an ulterior motive for commenting, I will confess. I hope the comments (be it appreciation or criticism) propel you to write more so that we can read more. Plus as a writer, I have always felt that being a fan fiction writer isn't the easiest, you never really know who will read it or to how many people it will reach and then, you don't how it will be received. Of course, fan fiction writers are the most dedicated as well, they have the least expectations and these days, when each word is treated as content and is being getting paid ; they have nothing to gain in that sense so it's basically from the love of the characters that they write for us. And in that case the least we/I can do is let them know, how much their work means to us/me. Speaking this from my experience only of course, since I have 3 AryLie drafts sitting in my Notes but can't seem to trudge further a point and have given up so I definitely what it takes. I hope you write more and writing further never ceases to bring you joy because trust me, the words you weave is magic so you will be denying us of that goodness. 

Italics : Thank you for honouring me such, this is incredibly sweet of you to say and I am overwhelmed that my words had that effect on you.

Red : Not part of the fandoms you were in 😂 and neither was I aware of being in the midst of a writer such as you 🤗

Bold : Really trying to be unbiased and all, but either you have improved by LEAPS and BOUNDS or I am sorry but people don't didn't know the value of good storytelling. Because WHAT ? superficiality, I could have accepted something else maybe but not that, never that. This is the most real, authentic and grounded piece of work I have easily read recently.

Edited by CaffeineMuggle - 2 years ago
CaffeineMuggle thumbnail

ajsdhaejwaea 🤣

okay, I'll be sure to give a warning. But i don't think the sad story will happen any time soon. I am hoping to make my next one something light and fluffy. as much as i loveeeeee to make my characters cry, I also like to see them be giddy with happiness. let's see what emotions the show brings to me in the coming episodes.

gaah thank YOU for being so sweet! the way you comment on my stories, I'll do anything for you..write any genre that you wish to read if it makes you happy!!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU 😭 

Bold : Am I the most emotional person on the block or just like this is the best honour/appreciation anybody has ever given me ? This got me overwhelmed as hell. You truly are excessively nice but write however you want to of course, just these words from you are enough. Tragedy is the only thing I can't handle baaki all genres work JUST FINE, even better than fine. And light and fluffy are just the highest up on my alley, literally my favorite. I initially started reading because I wanted to escape reality and nothing does it for me like all the cutesy, happy and sweet moments. But SM, please write whatever works for you really, I am waiting to read anything from you❤️ Looking forward to see your work soon !