Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

It's what you said about fanfiction writers not getting their due appreciation which hit me in the gut like a punch. Because it's a never ending struggle right? For me it definitely is. I have been creating fandom content for over a decade now. Be it writing or editing...there's always something that I am contributing. And it's not like the appreciation isn't there but the kind of validation that a nicely colored gif would get..long pieces of writing just don't get. Cuz when we write, we write having made peace with the fact that half of our readership will be silent. We might get a like or a kudos from them but we won't get anything more. And oh, it's not to say I have never had people give me long detailed comments! I have! I still do (you are a proof of that!!) but there's always this greed of more? Like..we ain't getting paid for this. The least we can do is get a proper acknowledgement of the efforts.

Which is why even one reader who doesn't know me personally gushing about my work feels nothing less like a gold medal to me. Having friends who have known me for years praising me is one thing...but to send a piece of writing, in which I have poured my emotions of that time, off to the void of the internet and getting an echo of "oh this is GOOOD!" back from it...what bigger reward can a writer ask for, right?

so yeah, once again - thank you. for the generosity you've showered on me in such little time. I will cherish this forever <3

I hope to see you again soon with another piece of writing which, HOPEFULLY, will make you laugh more than make you emotional xD

egle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: sourmisery

It's what you said about fanfiction writers not getting their due appreciation which hit me in the gut like a punch. Because it's a never ending struggle right? For me it definitely is. I have been creating fandom content for over a decade now. Be it writing or editing...there's always something that I am contributing. And it's not like the appreciation isn't there but the kind of validation that a nicely colored gif would get..long pieces of writing just don't get. Cuz when we write, we write having made peace with the fact that half of our readership will be silent. We might get a like or a kudos from them but we won't get anything more. And oh, it's not to say I have never had people give me long detailed comments! I have! I still do (you are a proof of that!!) but there's always this greed of more? Like..we ain't getting paid for this. The least we can do is get a proper acknowledgement of the efforts.

Which is why even one reader who doesn't know me personally gushing about my work feels nothing less like a gold medal to me. Having friends who have known me for years praising me is one thing...but to send a piece of writing, in which I have poured my emotions of that time, off to the void of the internet and getting an echo of "oh this is GOOOD!" back from it...what bigger reward can a writer ask for, right?

so yeah, once again - thank you. for the generosity you've showered on me in such little time. I will cherish this forever <3

I hope to see you again soon with another piece of writing which, HOPEFULLY, will make you laugh more than make you emotional xD

I swear I don't stalk comments on every thread but this came up when i was reading the story for the 1700th time...and you and @caffienemuggle just had the best, sweetest conversation- made me all warm and teary eyed.

@bold: that hits true on so many levels for any sort of writer out there.  It's one of the reasons I stopped writing for such a long time.  Pouring into a void with no response just becomes tiresome and lonely. 

I'm so glad I've found such wonderful writers (and readers) in this Fandom that always make time to leave comments, to show understanding, to show appreciation.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next piece of your heart,  whether angsty or cheerful. ❤️

Edited by egle - 2 years ago
Param-Sundari thumbnail

I'm super late to this... But the 6k words 🙈 I'm a bit lazy then fell ill 😆

Now coming to it...

My god, you kept me curious for a very long long time, 

Kept thinking why's se running away from him? And him relentlessly chasing?

The door closing flashback made my heart stop like oh shit! Did he do something to hurt her in the first place ??? (You know actively)

How will he mend this now?? More anxious, my BP rising here. 😥😥

Then all revealed itself and didn't know if to sigh in releif or cry in pain because the angst is real.

The one person you thought you could lean on without second thoughts, is suddenly absent when you're falling... Not just falling but spiralling and it was your own mistake too but the expectations that he wouldn't allow her to fall alone turning out empty and then in turn being the reason of his depression as well...

Must have messed her brain up to another level.

Years of therapy did she say? What was it compared to heart to heart with old friend and that unpaid cup of tea.

This is real madness and I'm in love with it. And this song just fits in.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6jA8HL9i4QGzsj6fjoxp8Y?si=bnHZUa1HTqmwcWm5JSZoBg&utm_source=copy-link

Param-Sundari thumbnail

Gotta tag a few of ma friends over here

sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: SundariP

I'm super late to this... But the 6k words 🙈 I'm a bit lazy then fell ill 😆

Now coming to it...

My god, you kept me curious for a very long long time, 

Kept thinking why's se running away from him? And him relentlessly chasing?

The door closing flashback made my heart stop like oh shit! Did he do something to hurt her in the first place ??? (You know actively)

How will he mend this now?? More anxious, my BP rising here. 😥😥

Then all revealed itself and didn't know if to sigh in releif or cry in pain because the angst is real.

The one person you thought you could lean on without second thoughts, is suddenly absent when you're falling... Not just falling but spiralling and it was your own mistake too but the expectations that he wouldn't allow her to fall alone turning out empty and then in turn being the reason of his depression as well...

Must have messed her brain up to another level.

Years of therapy did she say? What was it compared to heart to heart with old friend and that unpaid cup of tea.

This is real madness and I'm in love with it. And this song just fits in.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6jA8HL9i4QGzsj6fjoxp8Y?si=bnHZUa1HTqmwcWm5JSZoBg&utm_source=copy-link

I know...6k is a lot 😅

The door closing flashback...I know I didn't elaborate on it cuz I felt like that would've been a whole new OS of its own..but it was actually Aryan coming to meet Imlie a day before her wedding. He had been avoiding all celebrations and only came to tell her he was leaving the country and wouldn't be there for the wedding at all so she could stop hoping to seeing him be happy with her decision. That was a very sadistic thing of Aryan..he knew she would be affected by his absence. Bad decisions were taken on both sides :)

It was due to the therapy that the heart-to-heart could work. It's like..the heart-to-heart was the final piece that was needed for them to finally stitch together everything that was broken.

"Madness" is such an apt word here. But what even is love if not madness?

thank you so much for the comment and the song! <3

Param-Sundari thumbnail

I know...6k is a lot 😅

The door closing flashback...I know I didn't elaborate on it cuz I felt like that would've been a whole new OS of its own..but it was actually Aryan coming to meet Imlie a day before her wedding. He had been avoiding all celebrations and only came to tell her he was leaving the country and wouldn't be there for the wedding at all so she could stop hoping to seeing him be happy with her decision. That was a very sadistic thing of Aryan..he knew she would be affected by his absence. Bad decisions were taken on both sides :)

😲now that's more fcked up than i signed for. But i can totally imagine this 22 yo Aryan doing just that. Bad decisions, hm but then again what's youth without bad decisions?

It was due to the therapy that the heart-to-heart could work. It's like..the heart-to-heart was the final piece that was needed for them to finally stitch together everything that was broken.

Are you implying she wouldn't have talked to him if not for the therapy?

"Madness" is such an apt word here. But what even is love if not madness?

Yes i don't believe in love without madness either.

thank you so much for the comment and the song! <3

Red

sourmisery thumbnail

Oh, the conversation would've taken a completely different route then. Here the conversation was done to bury the past..for them to say their piece..take it off their chests..for the sole purpose of moving on. But without years of work that she put into all the healing...the conversation would've been more to hurt the other party than to address this last point to get closure. it would've been yet another immature move for them to start anew without putting the past to complete rest.

Param-Sundari thumbnail

Oh, the conversation would've taken a completely different route then. Here the conversation was done to bury the past..for them to say their piece..take it off their chests..for the sole purpose of moving on. But without years of work that she put into all the healing...the conversation would've been more to hurt the other party than to address this last point to get closure. it would've been yet another immature move for them to start anew without putting the past to complete rest.

Ah! Now that puts it to context.

Definitely it would've been more to hurt than heal..

But then hasn't time and distance contributed equally??

And it's not like he took any therapy did he??

sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: SundariP

Ah! Now that puts it to context.

Definitely it would've been more to hurt than heal..

But then hasn't time and distance contributed equally??

And it's not like he took any therapy did he??

No, he didn't take therapy. i am not saying he doesn't need therapy ever..maybe he will get it in the future to better sort his mind..but in these years, he didn't need it. he made a choice and his fault was that he stuck with that choice. but the burden of the choice, the choice of walking out of Imlie's life and not staying in touch with her despite knowing that she would appreciate his presence around her, was too heavy for him. his guilt spurred into action and that made him inflict pain upon himself by turning his back on every thing that would give him any comfort. "if I can't give Imlie any comfort, I don't deserve it either." whereas for Imlie..all the pain and suffering was caused by someone else. so to heal from that, she needed the external help of therapy.

What time and distance did was for Imlie and Aryan to come to realization; for Imlie to realize that she can stand up on her own two feet without fearing that she'd fall again. and for Aryan to realize that he cannot stubbornly stay away from people he loves because of reasons that stopped mattering years ago. which is why Imlie so readily forgave Aryan after one outburst. which is why Aryan came back to her completely unannounced.

Param-Sundari thumbnail

You put some deep thoughts into this AU

I just love it when authors know their characters inside out.

Waiting for your next piece. Always. ❤️