Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

I love it. It’s hilarious. What time period is it set in though? I can’t tell.  Khamoshi has always been my favorite SLB film, this might come close  if the film is as interesting as this trailer. Hopefully it’s not a damn squib

Supari_khala thumbnail

Vijay Raaz was awesome in this! He always plays such interesting characters. He was my favorite character in Chopsticks. I love that movie 

Supari_khala thumbnail

Originally posted by: arnavfluffy

China line was not needed.

Already north east people are harrased enough 

That man could have been actually Chinese. Aren’t there quite a few Chinese communities in India? 

briahna thumbnail

Ppl can’t seem to make up their mind , whether it should have been an older actress or a younger actress playing this instead of alia 

Also whether teaser or trailer ….

🤣

Btw, it’s alia gangu everywhere…the views, trending ….baarish ho rahi hai 

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: zara321

Gangubai was 16 years old when she was forced into prostitution, so she was a kid, I dont understand how people think people like madhuri, vidya etc would fit the role, they would have been too old for the role. 

It's like they take these same comments out of the vault and keep on plastering them in any topic for any movie again and again. Why not Madhuri? Why not Juhi? Why not Karishma? etc etc etc. 

And in reality, nobody watches their movies. 

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Couldn’t even finish the trailer. SLB kam se kam trailer toh theek thaak banata tha pehle. Usse bhi gaya.

dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jaitreya23

Doubt it will work. 

Alia Bhatt looks like a child and not a grown up woman.

She lacks the seduction to be a sex worker. Even if looks are ignored, her dialogue delivery lacks conviction, feelings, tone and pauses.

It's a miscast. 

And everyone knew it the moment the news was announced of casting her as Gangubai. My expectations were extremely low. 

That said, the trailer was passable. Alia's "Oooh, look, I'm such a bad ass" moments might appeal to the younger segment, although her delivery of those "women are goddesses and oh-so dignified" portions was unintentionally comical to me. People here said that she looks like a kid in mommy's saree and from what I'm seeing, SLB is not beating these allegations. 😆 The only actor who picked my curiosity in this trailer was the one most dressed-up: Vijay Raaz. He's always so good.  

Originally posted by: you2

Between teaser and the trailer they should have released a song video.There is not a snippet in the trailer eithersmiley3.

SLB seems to have given up on the film...Normally the technicians(dress designers,set designers,choreographers) are given media space..and the entire process of film making is unfolded over the weeks.

One film can break a director.I feel bad that he will not be able to get the grand budget  he wants for his films in the near future.I mean who will want to work with him?

If the film flops, maybe SLB will learn a valuable lesson? Starting to work on smaller projects, with good scripts and with non-nepos, might actually be great for him, but does he have such stories in him? 

Supari_khala thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

That man could have been actually Chinese. Aren’t there quite a few Chinese communities in India? 

So I just read about the history of this place Kamathipura and looks like at one point, it had a robust Chinese community who worked there in restaurants and ship yards. Not sure which era this is set in. Can’t tell from the clothes 

Edited by Chameli_billi - 2 years ago

Originally posted by: hotchoco

It's like they take these same comments out of the vault and keep on plastering them in any topic for any movie again and again. Why not Madhuri? Why not Juhi? Why not Karishma? etc etc etc. 

And in reality, nobody watches their movies. 

Its not like they were not given chances of a come back.....koi gaya dekhne inki movie?? No one.......arre Bhai agar aap ko khud apne paise se movie banani ho toh you will go after someone who brings in the crowd.....not start doing samaj sewa to start making movies for filthy rich actresses and then sadak par aa jao katora lekar

Would we ever invest our hard earned money on a business you know will not work.....I think 10 times even before spending a 100 dollars....ki am I wasting it or using it wisely.....lekin BW walon ka paisa ped per laga hai......Madhuri khud movie produce laregi toh she will cast one of these actresses who are getting good returns on the movies......if anything let us blame ourselves that we didn't watch the movies that gave these actresses a chance.

Originally posted by: zara321

Gangubai was 16 years old when she was forced into prostitution, so she was a kid, I dont understand how people think people like madhuri, vidya etc would fit the role, they would have been too old for the role. 

She was?? Then this is perfect.....all the people who are disappointed that Alia is looking like a kid.....well she is looking the part..😆