Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

I was bullied heavily in my teen years and had terrible social anxiety (to the point of having a panic attack every time I saw a person near me). I also struggled with my sexual orientation, and coming from a religious/conservative family and society didn't help. Also issues with religion as I am borderline atheist/agnostic.

Those might have contributed but pretty sure they alone do not 'cause' it. We do not yet know what causes them and all are mere hypothesis. Pretty sure I've had problems from beforehand.

🤗

I guess everyone is different and don’t cope the same. Issues may be underlying but I do think negative experiences leave their mark. 

In my case, spirituality (not to mix with conservatism religiousness)  has always been a positive/ uplifting factor in my case through all the problems I have faced in life. It keeps me mentally strong.

Sorry to hear it’s been a negative experience for you. Please feel free to PM me anytime you wish to unload 🤗 

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

🤗To you guys, for dealing and fighting with these issues. Stay strong ❤️

Just to understand, is there a reason or a life event/experience that triggered these issues for you. Please feel free to ignore answering the post of you aren’t comfortable.

🤗 

Awwww. Thanks! 🤗

For me there is no particular event or experience that triggered it. It’s just a pile up of various things I guess. I just found myself at this place, but no idea how I got here. I have fairly a successful career, great relationships, wonderful and loving family, enough money in the bank - you name it! Unfortunately though none of these things sometimes matter! 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Hey yoga pretty much changed my life. I am lazy as f*ck so don't do it regularly, but trust me, when I do it, I can feel the difference. Actually any exercise works wonders for me.

Ya I’m lazy af too, but if I miss it, even a child’s pose on the bed before sleeping is so relaxing and feels so good. 

Exercise makes me feel good as well but yoga is so relaxing for me. I really love how it makes me feel later. I started doing chakra specific yoga recently and it makes me feel really good. 

Ilahi thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I haven't visited a doc yet but i have been through one incident couple of years ago and I keep getting flashes of that no matter how hard I try to forget it. There are days my heart races upto 98 on my watch just by remembering or thinking about it while I'm sitting normally. I also get severe headache whenever this happens. I have tried calming music etc but it didn't work for me.

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

How often do you do the cognitive behavioral therapy? I've very recently started it.

Once a week

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ya I’m lazy af too, but if I miss it, even a child’s pose on the bed before sleeping is so relaxing and feels so good. 

Exercise makes me feel good as well but yoga is so relaxing for me. I really love how it makes me feel later. I started doing chakra specific yoga recently and it makes me feel really good. 

You are talking mainly of asanas right? What about pranayama (breathing exc)? Do you do them as well?

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

🤗To you guys, for dealing and fighting with these issues. Stay strong ❤️

Just to understand, is there a reason or a life event/experience that triggered these issues for you. Please feel free to ignore answering the post of you aren’t comfortable.

🤗 

For PTSD, yes, but not for depression and anxiety

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Question is open to everyone willing to answer and I haven’t been able  to tag. 

Nobody knows what the exact reason for seasonal affective disorder is. It occurs during winter when the days are shorter/colder then goes away when it gets brighter outside. I wasn’t diagnosed until I moved away from Atlanta (warmer place) to the upper Midwest to finish up my training program. The three years I spent there, every winter like clockwork, my motivation for anything would die. I would mindlessly go through the day like a robot. I literally had to force myself to get up from bed and stopped exercising/eat healthy food during this time. I didn’t do anything other than work. I noticed a pattern so sought help. Have been using light therapy since. It works for me. 

It’s a very much under-diagnosed condition because lots of people aren’t aware of it or force themselves to put up with dismissing it as a case of winter blues. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

You are talking mainly of asanas right? What about pranayama (breathing exc)? Do you do them as well?

Ya I do them too sometimes. 

I generally like following Brett Larkin’s channel on YouTube. Her tutorials suit me. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Nobody knows what the exact reason for seasonal affective disorder is. It occurs during winter when the days are shorter/colder then goes away when it gets brighter outside. I wasn’t diagnosed until I moved away from Atlanta (warmer place) to the upper Midwest to finish up my training program. The three years I spent there, every winter like clockwork, my motivation for anything would die. I would mindlessly go through the day like a robot. I literally had to force myself to get up from bed and stopped exercising/eat healthy food during this time. I didn’t do anything other than work. I noticed a pattern so sought help. Have been using light therapy since. It works for me. 

It’s a very much under-diagnosed condition because lots of people aren’t aware of it or force themselves to put up with dismissing it as a case of winter blues. 

🤗

Oh, actually it’s the first time I have heard of this disorder. 

Though, I have always correlated harsher cold weather with depression in my head. Sun/natural light does have an effect on our brain, we don’t realise it. If you observe position of the moon when you feel low. You will notice a pattern too. 

I hope you get rid of this problem soon ❤️