Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

I had an inkling I was always touched with depression as a kid but didn't recognise the signs then. Moreover, I'd shake the feelings off and declare it unsubstantiated as I was not "clinically depressed".

That was until I was recently diagnosed as having major depression and anxiety. As for treatment, I'm against taking psychosomatic drugs of any kind cos of the side effects and have always asked for CBT, although you only get lumbered with Talking therapy where I live. Gone private and paid f*ckloads with different people but never really struck chord with anyone, so I've taken a hiatus.

Neuro-linguistic programming is the next endeavour.

In the long run, I imagine that I've gotten the last laugh and overcome this, as I always do. Call it denial or delusional of the diagnosis but its the terminology that weighs it down more, for me.

The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

You have to have a diagnosis to be prescribed CBT or medications at least here in the US. So I would say most responding here were diagnosed by the provider unless it varies from one country to another.

Ok. My therapist once told me I have depression and PTSD. I think I have anxiety for sure and get anxiety attacks from time to time. But not sure about depression and ptsd. I will get medications once I have my insurance. 

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

🤗To you guys, for dealing and fighting with these issues. Stay strong ❤️

Just to understand, is there a reason or a life event/experience that triggered these issues for you. Please feel free to ignore answering the post of you aren’t comfortable.

🤗 

I think nothing triggered my anxiety because as long my memory goes back, I remember having anxiety . My father was highly anxious. He never went to the doctor in his lifetime. He wanted me to be a doctor but never believed in doctors or made us believe so. Deep down he had this nosocomphobia. Very rarely he accompanied me and my brother for vaccination. Most of the time it's my elder cousin brother. My father never shared any of his problems with us. He passed away while sleeping. 

I don't remember anything triggering anxiety. Like my father, me and my brother have this phobia. As a kid I used to shy away from normal check ups. Even I am claustrophobic. Though I am a doctor, I haven't even once went inside morgue or postmortem room. In my 1st anatomy class, I fainted. Sometimes I think of leaving my practice.

I think my anxiety is genetic. My brother has it too, but not like me. So I can't say what triggered, but it's too difficult to deal with this sometimes.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

My anxiety is caused by childhood trauma. I am not a psychologist but sad events can cause trauma and I have notice that stress or worries triggers it 

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Depression and anxiety. 

I always felt the presence of something insidious weighting me down. My inner demons truly surfaced when my grandmother got diagnosed with cancer. Further, my own inability to communicate my fears and sorrows only worsened my state. I'd lock myself in the washroom and cry. Sometimes I'd imagine a celestial being descending the skies to take away all my pain and cursed my world for not being fictional. Sigh! (Now I look back at the stupidity of my hopeless state...and laugh).

There were days when I couldn't even get out of my bed. Often, a numbing feeling of nothingness would take over my senses...which would then be replaced only by the heaviness of despair. 

In sheer desperation, I turned to reading and writing poetry and it helped. Discovering nameless and faceless strangers with common sorrows evoked a feeling of empathy and understanding. I'm not the only one! 

Now, a decade after the demons emerged out of the shadows, I wouldn't say I've recovered but I've learnt to handle myself better. In me there's a zeal to live life to the fullest. I want to channelize my creative energies, travel, and eat. 😆

Furthermore, I'm ready to draw and paint again. Quitting it was a bad move. I'd have progressed so much. DAMN! 

Lastly, I believe if you can carry just one thing with you, let it be hope. ❤️

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: pathaka

My dad says this exact thing to me ..he’s into this too 

Apparently I was born smack dab in the middle of Sade sati for my rashi…(Capricorn) …so I have the Saturn and moon combination ..wear a lot of black and blue …and my dad advises me against it 

🤗

Oh yes, saturn moon gives vish yog and is especially painful when moon is weaker.

Saturn being in its own house in Capricorn makes it stronger. 

Your dad is right. You wearing dark clothes is actually an effect of Saturn and you are making it stronger. Saturn is not really always a bad planet, if it gives, it will give you so much that you won’t be able to sustain it. But ya, avoid  all those dark colors. Make your good planets stronger (also includes habits).

You are born around me as I have Saturn in Capricorn too. In fact degree wise my moon is close to Saturn but I have 5 other planets around and an aspect of Jupiter too. Probably makes a difference. 

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 2 years ago
rvdhaliwal thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I just feel anxiety sometimes but crying helps me a lot.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Saturn is in Capricorn at the moment for quite some time (since the pandemic I believe). It must have been harder for you. It will start moving towards Aquarius now (will go back and forth this year). You may feel better from April onwards (provided other placements aren’t affecting you).

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

Does anyone have any of the following?

Depression

Social Anxiety Disorder

Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Schizophrenia

etc etc

How do you deal with them? Do you take drugs? Cognitive behavioral therapy? Etc.

P.S. No medical advice. Just your life story.

Right now I can’t sleep at all. So I’m watching these videos 

https://youtu.be/L5bWn5aIygg

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I have moderate to severe OCD. It started troubling me from my 9th grade in school as far as I can remember, and I would get extremely upset at myself for repeating thr same thoughts again and again and being compelled to follow a pattern in everything I did. 

The problem persisted till I turned 18, following which it died down quite a bit in the college and university years. But since 2015, something happened to trigger it and bring forth all the suppressed putrid waste from out of my mind's darkest depths. I struggled a lot then, and now I'm managing it quite fine, though certain triggers tend to intensify it every now and then. 

It's a real, real bast@rd of a disorder to have, though. 

Edited by Mahisa_22 - 2 years ago