Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 2 years ago

My brother has depression for 2 decades he takes medicines in between he had stopped taking medicines without doctors advice and it worsened so went to doctor again and started medication again.He is still on medication but much better now

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: arnavfluffy

I don't know what I have

But at night. I always feel a sense of fear that something might happen to me and there is no one to take me to hospital . I get heart palpitations and nightmares.

Have you talked to anyone about this? Could be PTSD? There is a med for that, it helps a lot of people with PTSD induced nightmares. It’s called prazosin but you would have to be seen by a provider for proper diagnosis 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

No, I don’t think I have any disorder as such.

By the way, I had just thought of posting a poll here for depression.. and you made this thread.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

🤗To you guys, for dealing and fighting with these issues. Stay strong ❤️

Just to understand, is there a reason or a life event/experience that triggered these issues for you. Please feel free to ignore answering the post of you aren’t comfortable.

🤗 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Just to understand, is there a reason or a life event/experience that triggered these issues for you. Please feel free to ignore answering the post of you aren’t comfortable.

🤗 

Question is open to everyone willing to answer and I haven’t been able  to tag. 

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 2 years ago
Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I'm the OP. I have depression and terrible social anxiety disorder and mild insomnia. Even generalized anxiety disorder, though not to the same extent. I've had panic attacks too, though not to the same degree.

Mirtazapine works for my depression, social anxiety and insomnia. Thankfully no benzo. I've also started cognitive behavioral therapy. :)

edit - tagged arnavfluffy by mistake. don't know how to untag.

Edited by Blood_Sacrifice - 2 years ago

🤗 

I was bullied heavily in my teen years and had terrible social anxiety (to the point of having a panic attack every time I saw a person near me). I also struggled with my sexual orientation, and coming from a religious/conservative family and society didn't help. Also issues with religion as I am borderline atheist/agnostic.

Those might have contributed but pretty sure they alone do not 'cause' it. We do not yet know what causes them and all are mere hypothesis. Pretty sure I've had problems from beforehand.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

I'm the OP. I have depression and terrible social anxiety disorder and mild insomnia. Even generalized anxiety disorder, though not to the same extent. I've had panic attacks too, though not to the same degree.

Mirtazapine works for my depression, social anxiety and insomnia. Thankfully no benzo. I've also started cognitive behavioral therapy. :)

edit - tagged arnavfluffy by mistake. don't know how to untag.

🤗

I hope things get better for you soon❤️

So sad to see so many people struggling. 

I don’t have an disorder as such but yoga helps a lot with daily stress for me. I would recommend you to try, I think it does help with mental health.

PS -Once you tag, you cannot untag unfortunately. 

This content was originally posted by: magginoodles

I have had severe anxiety and depression for over a decade. Didn't take any medication until two years ago.

This is because for the past two years I've been suffering from severe PTSD. I am also receiving cognitive behavioural therapy.

How often do you do the cognitive behavioral therapy? I've very recently started it.

🤗

I hope things get better for you soon❤️

So sad to see so many people struggling. 

I don’t have an disorder as such but yoga helps a lot with daily stress for me. I would recommend you to try, I think it does help with mental health.

PS -Once you tag, you cannot untag unfortunately. 

Hey yoga pretty much changed my life. I am lazy as f*ck so don't do it regularly, but trust me, when I do it, I can feel the difference. Actually any exercise works wonders for me.