Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whats.up.danger thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: simply.meghana

I had the opposite reaction ðŸ¤£ I only liked the first episode of this season. But my reasoning follows more from the fact that I didn't like the many of the changed characterizations of characters that I was otherwise fond of in the book and games ðŸ˜† not sure why they keep touting it as an adaptation if its not really one ðŸ˜† but that's the curse of my knowledge ðŸ¤£

henry and ciri are the only favorites for me  

i have not read the book or played games so i cnat speak for it but i suppose it is an adaptation still because the original character design and the world is the same. Its like superhero movies, take batman for example. the plot may change but the core of batman as his parents dying and he growing up to be the vigilante of gotham city with joker as one of his archnemesis remains same. 

Same goes for this too i suppose. I have always been more forgiving when it comes to book to movie/series adaptation because its understandable that the audience is different platforms are different and market is different so i have learnt to do forgive them. 

To be honest i dont remember any other character than ciri and witcher. At multiple points i felt like ok now see this should have been shown in s1 so i could have known what kind of role to expect for  each character. But aah what can you do creatives always have their creative freedom and it is needed too.

we can just party in our tharki pit by ourselves ðŸ¤£

its the time to disco ðŸ¥³ its surprising everyone comes to take a peak in our pit. After all its so interesting ðŸ¤£

Edited by Abhaythevampire - 2 years ago
simply.meghana thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhaythevampire

i have not read the book or played games so i cnat speak for it but i suppose it is an adaptation still because the original character design and the world is the same. Its like superhero movies, take batman for example. the plot may change but the core of batman as his parents dying and he growing up to be the vigilante of gotham city with joker as one of his archnemesis remains same. 

Same goes for this too i suppose. I have always been more forgiving when it comes to book to movie/series adaptation because its understandable that the audience is different platforms are different and market is different so i have learnt to do forgive them. 

To be honest i dont remember any other character than ciri and witcher. At multiple points i felt like ok now see this should have been shown in s1 so i could have known what kind of role to expect for  each character. But aah what can you do creatives always have their creative freedom and it is needed too.

I was mad at what they did to yennefer especially with what she was going to do with ciri because in the books they had a very beautiful mother daughter bond but I saw nothing of that in the show ðŸ˜­ I was looking forward to it the most. Or vesemir wanting to create more witchers ðŸ˜­ in the source he would never do such a thing. But I can continue on an on about this ðŸ˜†

after episode 1 I was just watching passively....nothing excited me even thought the production value and the character design improved ðŸ˜†

if you're curious here is what they changed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUqaYxO3Vks&ab_channel=WitcherGeorge

debating if I'm going to watch season 3 at all ðŸ¤£

simply.meghana thumbnail

its the time to disco ðŸ¥³ its surprising everyone comes to take a peak in our pit. After all its so interesting ðŸ¤£

but they will still deny ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ 

I was mad at what they did to yennefer especially with what she was going to do with ciri because in the books they had a very beautiful mother daughter bond but I saw nothing of that in the show ðŸ˜­ I was looking forward to it the most. Or vesemir wanting to create more witchers ðŸ˜­ in the source he would never do such a thing. But I can continue on an on about this ðŸ˜†

after episode 1 I was just watching passively....nothing excited me even thought the production value and the character design improved ðŸ˜†

if you're curious here is what they changed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUqaYxO3Vks&ab_channel=WitcherGeorge

debating if I'm going to watch season 3 at all ðŸ¤£

haha yeah i can imagine a beloved fan might hate such modifications. But to me it felt worse in s1. I absolutely hated it Even though i had not read the books. It just was very amateurish in overall plotting and writing itself. In fact i couldn't even understand why people ever liked it?  It was like i never understand why people like GoT. 🤪

But then again i have not read books so i cant particularly relate to you just yet. I remember watching one of the anime movie on that. The nightmare of the wolf. Yes i think thats the title and i loved that. I dont know about how close it is to books or games but the plotting and pacing was very satisfactory and i absolutly loved it. After that only i got interested on this story and got the first book. Now lets see when i get time to read.

but they will still deny ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ 

and hence they remain in their denial pit ðŸ¤£

Also did you watch wheel of time on prime?

simply.meghana thumbnail

haha yeah i can imagine a beloved fan might hate such modifications. But to me it felt worse in s1. I absolutely hated it Even though i had not read the books. It just was very amateurish in overall plotting and writing itself. In fact i couldn't even understand why people ever liked it?  It was like i never understand why people like GoT. 🤪

But then again i have not read books so i cant particularly relate to you just yet. I remember watching one of the anime movie on that. The nightmare of the wolf. Yes i think thats the title and i loved that. I dont know about how close it is to books or games but the plotting and pacing was very satisfactory and i absolutly loved it. After that only i got interested on this story and got the first book. Now lets see when i get time to read.

I guess I can say I didn’t like either ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ with the exception of a few episodes overall ðŸ˜­ if this is the direction it’s going in there’s not point in me seeing season 3 and onwards ðŸ˜† 

That movie was nice ðŸ˜† since Vesemir’s past is not that well known I didn’t mind the creative liberties it took ðŸ˜› though I had some issues with it it wasn’t bad  I enjoyed it too 

If you read be prepared to be cursed with knowledge ðŸ¤£ 

simply.meghana thumbnail

Also did you watch wheel of time on prime?

Nope ðŸ¤£ have too many shows and animes on my backlog ðŸ¤£ need to finish those first 

Ria23 thumbnail

No stalker was busy ðŸ˜­