Susmitasumi96 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Everything about this story is a work of fiction. There is no connection with the reality. If you had found any similarity with any incident/event, it would be just a coincidence only.

Thank you for understanding.

Enjoy the story!

Long, long ago, there was a woman in the woods, who used to protect the animals and their surrounding villages from each other with her gifted powers.
She made a wall between those two different worlds; only people with pure hearts could cross the border.
The forest was rich in resources; whenever villagers faced any calamity she helped them with the support of the forest to live a decent life.
People named her 'Goddess of Forest'. They used to follow her as a religion. Festivals were named after her as tributes.
The goddess wasn't alone. She had a companion wolf, who accompanied her everywhere in protecting the nature. He was closer to her than anyone else in the Earth. For him she was his everything, the world.

Like every creation has destruction, goddess was mortal; she was aging, dying too. Eventually, a days came, the wolf discovered her lifeless body beside the grand waterfall.
It was raining like cats and dogs; the nature cried on the day with the wolf. He became lonely and running out of his own time.
Time passed by; protecting the nature, he saw her descendents slowly moving out from the small village to another places for better opportunities. He and his family left behind to protect the woods.

With time he also faded away from existence; his blood kept the legacy, safeguarding the woods.

Centuries passed; people changed. None believed in goddess and the her tales in modern days.
Forest became a victim of their greed; animal were being slaughtered, ruthlessly. Once a peace lover became a killer to save everything that wolves' beloved companions' loved.

Even till now, in the mountains of Doons, the folklore was famous for being told to the children by their elders before bed, as the tale of the Goddess and Her Companion Wolf.

~~°~~

"Another 8 people are killed by wild animals in Dehradun. Bodies found in the entrance of the core area," taking a sip from his morning coffee, Arnav Dobriyal read the newspaper aloud.

In Mumbai, where people had forgotten about newspaper and emerged themselves into cell phones, this man in 60's still kept the tradition alive. Madhu Dobriyal, his wife was listening him, while watering her little plants at the balcony. They had three daughters. Eldest one, Panchi was in her night shift, might be coming by now. Being a doctor, it always kept her busy. Middle one, Misha,  who moved in Dehradun three years ago due to her community health service, was recently asked to take care of her youngest sister, Piyali a.k.a. Piya as she would be visiting there for her history project sooner. Right now, she was sleeping peacefully in her room, amidst of these discussions of their parents. She was still in college; assignments were making her life a complete mess. Sleepless nights were common now-a-days, especially before the final semester of graduation.

The headline made Arnav and Madhu a bit worried for Misha who was staying there and Piya who would be going there soon. However, worry died down soon knowing this was very common in forest area and Madhu's mother and Arnav's mother-in-law Sugandh Jayswal would take care of her grandchildren. However, their worry was different. Currently, they didn't water it.

Around 7 o'clock, Piya came down to downstairs and heard the news from her father. Listening it, she immediately recalled the stories she heard from her grandma during her childhood days. Being the youngest, most of the time, she was left alone from her sisters. The gap between them was a bit much. Misha was 6 years older than her, Panchi was 10. They practically treated her as their baby not sister, leading her to relay on her grandma during most of her vacations.

Since childhood she was different from the rest. Other two were practical, whereas, she was always emotionally sensitive. She hated violence and bloodshed. It was also a reason why she didn't opted for medical. Her poetic nature loved literature and calmness. Though it never bothered her parents and sisters ever.

"I'm moving out tomorrow," she declared while chewing her breakfast.

"Got the permission?" Arnav asked her daughter.

"Yes," she replied.

"I'll inform maa then," Madhu asked while having her own share of food.

Random conversation continued until they finished their breakfast.

Journey wasn't hectic. Piya reached her grandma's house around 10 o'clock, morning. Misha was waiting for her at the airport. During drive she was discussing her days with her baby sister. Misha and Panchi both might come cold to others. But for their baby sister, they could fight the world. Sometimes, this over pampering bothered Piya as well. Nevertheless, she was powerless here.

"About the animal attacks..."

"You don't worry. These are pretty much common in mountain, forest area. Those who died are mostly tried entering the core reserved portion. Accidents are bound to happen there," Misha assured her while stating some facts.

Piya knew it all, though violence was what she always hated.

Waiting at the traffic signal Misha processed to ask her about the project she had to done,"Why did you take this topic? 'Site visits of the historical places of your hometown', isn't it a bit too much?"

"I didn't. They enforced on us. The new rule would be counting marks on internship activities in our final report. Which caused all of these,"

"Surely, college sucks,"

"Did nani say something again?"

"About what? You mean the folklore and you? She didn't yet. But she's pretty much happy to hear your coming,"

"Hmmm.. that's a relief," Piya muttered while seeing the beauty outside of their car, reminiscing the moments when she discovered her family's truth, passing down from her mother's side through the daughters.

Sugandh was placing those bags while helping Piya with her room.

"See, destiny will call you no matter how," the old woman of her 80's said smilingly.

Piya wasn't happy to hear it,"But, I'm not the elder girl child. So, how does it possible?"

"Chosen one doesn't follow rules to be born, sweetie. Sometimes nature selects a right person, who can hold the biggest responsibility, based on capacity only. No rule to follow,"

"Can't believe it!"

"Then, can you argue with the chaperone necklace for glowing only under your touch, not Panchi's?"

Piya couldn't counter; her fingers voluntarily caressed a replica pendent of the actual one, that she was wearing. The necklace of Chaperone, yellow petals of Mullein engraved on glass surface. It only glowed once while choosing its rightful owner. Sugandh was the previous owner before it chose Piya. However, there was only one difference. Till now, it went to the eldest daughters of the chaperone bloodline. Until Piya was born. For the first time the youngest one got selected. Sugandh was thrilled to witness it. However, a seed of fear began to grow in Dobriyal members, resulting them to become over protective of their little family member. Madhu didn't let Piya go to Dehradun during her childhood day to teenage period often, thinking about possible dangers; her sisters became her bodyguards. Needless to say, those were past now. With time they stopped worrying about something unknown. However, Piya could come here only under the protection of Misha.

The powers of Chaperone? Well, all records from the past said only one thing, understanding the nature, better than the rest of the human being.

"But, I'm not the only one who can understand trees. Looks at the gardener and florists. They have it too, nani,"

"It's not the same, Piya. You'll get it when time comes, perhaps, better than Madhu and I,"

She couldn't reply back to her grandma. Possibly, because, she had nothing to.

Clicking some photos of the Pandher fort, Piya sat on her nearest bench, while Misha was ordering some snacks for both from the counter beside. The sky was clear blue, white tails of clouds blended well with the sky's hue. Surrounding deep greenery touched the horizon, while the Sun was still above them.

She closed her eyes, feeling herself in the nature. Admit it or not, she felt easier and less suffocating, while breathing in the air after she came in this town yesterday. A smile broke on her lips; her curls were blowing with gentle cold breeze.

"You came, master...you finally came to me.." 

Her eyes shot opened. With perplexed brown eyes she began inspecting her left and right.

"From where did that voice come from?" She whispered under the breath.

It was definitely a clear yet low male voice. Not to mention, an essence of longing was present in it.

"Take it," Misha stood before her with her extended hand holding some local snacks, making Piya shifting her focus from past incident to present.

"This forest area used to be maintained by two landlords' families, Raichand and Ahuja. From 20 years, another family jointed them, Khurana. They suddenly came in this town and slowly gained popularity by doing welfare stuffs. People respect them nearly equal to those two royal families. They are the three pioneers of Dehradun; also people call them, 'Gatekeepers of the Forest'. Without their consultation nothing works here," Misha finished her statement while pointing out the three main characters.

Piya listened to her sister while looking at them respectively. Two of them were in the annual event of the town. Since tomorrow some kind of local festival would be held for almost 10 days. As being a respectful doctor and researcher in the community health centre, Misha was invited here. Even though, Jayswal family was also one of the oldest and reputed families that made them recognisable everywhere, individually. Wearing a pastel blue long dress, tieing her curly hair into a bun, Piya came together with Misha, who wore her professional black and white outfit with loose hair.

Piya was peeking into off-white walls' decor of the immense, palace like event hall, also called as Raichand Event Space, when her senses caught that someone was watching at her direction from nearby. Focusing on possible direction, she looked at it and found a gentleman wearing long black coat with his black attire coming towards their direction. After coming to certain distance, she noticed his face was well.

Black straight hair locks was brushing his forehead; oceanic blue eyes were gazing at Misha. With a dimple fair skinned face smile, he greeted her, "Nice to meet you here, Ms. Dobriyal. I heard your research is almost completed,"

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Raichand. Thanks to your generous funding our team is growing," Misha replied with her same professional yet polite smile.

Piya was standing there awkwardly, was about to leave her side, the man before her caught her, extending his right hand to her,"You must be her sister. Nice to meet you too. I'm Abhay Raichand, remaining hair of Raichand family who lives in this town,"

"Umm, hello Mr. Raichand! I'm Piyali Dobriyal. Nice meeting you here," Piya put her right hand on his for handshake.

He carefully grabbed hers, sending shivers in her spine. It was quite warm. She smiled at him; he did the same. However, there was something different in his eyes. As if those were gazing into her soul and not ready to let her go ever. Piya immediately yet gradually loosened her hand from him. His eyes seemed to be dissatisfied.

"You guys enjoy. I'm taking care of this event," Abhay bid them farewell temporarily, walking out from them to other side, not before exchanging another gleeful stare with Piya.

That was weird.

Piya's mind spoke up.

The evening was about to fall, yet there was no sight of Misha. Sitting on the bench of the Pandher museum, Piya was waiting for her sister. She completely covered this section today. She had to start writing her report sooner. Her friends, Tanushree and Ruhi had already began their documentation. Even Maya informed her of starting it since yesternight. Only she left behind in her group.

She was anxiously tapping the ground with her leg while thinking about all of these. Two days had passed since they attended the event and also since she met Abhay Raichand. His presence left a mark in her mind, resulting her to bug her sister about him that night. She said nothing bad about him. On the contrary, she praised his brilliance in leadership.

There was something about him that she couldn't pin point. It wasn't bad, yet strangely familiar.

Taking a long breath, Piya gaped around her surroundings forest. With changing colours in the sky, it was changing too. She got up from her seat and began exploring the nature from afar. She felt home here, in the forest. Since she came, she couldn't help but loving the woods like her own baby. She didn't conclude why, logically. But her grandma's words visited in her mind time to time.

"..You'll get it when time comes, perhaps, better than Madhu and I,"

Her eyes were wondering around when suddenly they landed on a pair of golden orbs, glaring at her, from the woods. She halted on her spot, as if those snatched away her power of movement.
She stood there still, while the owner of those was watching her without breaking the contact.

They were wild yet not notorious; unknown, yet familiar; forbidden yet welcoming; calm yet desperately yearning.
As if they were asking her to come to it; it had been waiting for her and her only.

"Piya!" Misha's voice and shaking up Piya's body, woke her up from the trance.

She gasped air and looked her sister standing next to her with a worried face. She turned  back to the woods and found nothing but fallen darkness of the night.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. Why did you come late?"

"Patients' number was huge today,"

The library was elephantine compare to what Piya had ever seen in her life. There were numerous books on literature, science, botany, art and whatnot. Most importantly, many of them were considered rare or extinct to the outside world. She started visiting here for more than seven days by now and never regretted it. If she decided not to visit the places and write down everything from these books, no professor would able to catch her cheating.

She read some old journals outside of her topic. Currently, she was much more interested in the history of this forest. Putting her reading glasses down on the table, she walked to the geography section. A book based on cultural aspects of Doon was situated on the highest shelf of the book rack.

The ladder was taken by other students, leading her to tiptoeing to the height of the shelf. Her extended right hand wasn't able to reach it. Before hope could leave her, a muscular, long hand picked it up from the shelf and brought to her comfortable height.

She grinningly took it from him; while turning around, coming face to face of the person her eyes got bigger in amusement. A pair of oceanic blue stare met her, smiling eye to eye.

"Mr. Raichand! Umm, thank you for your kind gesture," she replied stammering.

"It's Abhay to you and it's my duty to help you out in any situation, Piyali," he replied sweetly, voice full of sincerity.

Piya couldn't say further, just created a decent distance between them before facing him again. This time also, he face showed a subtle disappointment for her leaving from him side. However, he recovered it briskly. He wore same long elegant black coat today. However, instead of black ins, he put on a white shirt with his black trousers. As usual he glamour was beyond description to her, an angel straight up came from heaven before her.

"You here? For casual reason or?"

"Oh, ummm, I'm here for-"

"Let's go to cafeteria. Librarian is quite strict here," Abhay chuckled; Piya couldn't help but joined him.

Entering the cafeteria, he offered the seat beside a window to her and sat on the chair opposite of hers. Alike the library, cafeteria was also built in victorian style, huge pillar with off-white walls, wavy patterned decor on them with multilayered textures.

"My ancestors made this," Abhay said seeing Piya glimpsing over it with amazement in her baby brown eyes.

"Beautiful!" She muttered; his grin broadened.

"As the last remaining hair of Raichand in this town, I'm flattered!"

"You don't have any family members?"

"I do. But they're all over this country right now. I lost the closest ones in my childhood. Till then, I'm all alone here with my butler," his grinning face showed no visible agony; but Piya didn't miss the loneliness in those deep blue eyes.

She changed the topic to something light-hearted and fun.

"Oh, coming back to your question. I'm here for my college assignment. Even though, I started coming here for the sake of my project, I fell in love with the collection of books this place has. It's outstanding!" She couldn't hold her happiness from him; surprisingly, she found the ice between them was slowly melting; he was someone easy to talk to, somehow.

Abhay's face showed pleasantness, his orbs were moving along with her movements. He was drinking her every glory, like a century's thirsty man wandering for a drop of water.

"You're radiant, Piyali," he commented; her cheeks turned red.

"Are you flirting, by chance?"

"I'm only saying the truth here,"

She stared at him for a moment before started tittering. The sound became a melodious music to his ears that he could listen for the rest of his life.

The conversation continued for long time. Piya discovered certain facts about the place and Abhay and found a friend whom she could talk with for her time being in this town.

Time passed by, days kept going forward. Piyali became Piya to Abhay. They turned  friends, who hanged out quite often. Piya decided the sites of the meets, that she had to visit for her work and Abhay always accompanied her, while telling every Brick's tale.

Misha noticed her sister's smiling wholeheartedly these days. She was happy yet wondered how this man who was cold to everyone was immensely warm to her baby sister. Piya had the kind of charm that made people relax around her. However, it was Abhay Raichand that she was referring to. He was famous for his calculative nature and notorious meticulous steps towards his target. Not a single soul shook him till date. Even in Misha's office people still got surprised, how a man like him talked to Misha Dobriyal so patiently whenever she needed to. Now, seeing his behaviour around Piya, she was getting the same thought process of her immediate colleagues.

"How's he?" Misha asked in the dinner table; their grandma was listening them.

Piya smiled a little before responding, "He is welcoming. Someone easy to talk to,"

Misha didn't respond to her, rather gazed into her baby sister's lovely face once gleefully, while eating her food.

He's definitely interested in you. 

Misha's mind resonated.

"He's a good guy. Don't worry and carry on," Sugandh assured her grandchild, who was just confused at her words.

"He's just a ally of mine here," she confirmed it.

"But, he thinks you more than just an ally for sure," Misha replied making Piya think of her time with Abhay from the beginning.

"Really?" She whispered, while other two shook their heads in what-should-we-do-with-this-girl look at each other.

"More people are getting killed during their regular jobs in the border. They authority needs to think of something specific to protect the commons," news channels were showing the same news since two days after the recent attack in the forest.

The labourers were building a road in the middle of the woods, which resulted cutting down of a series of trees. Since day one the animal attacks were increasing, leading local people to protest on the behalf of the environment. However, it took a turn when the popular councillor made a statement to develop the quality of live of the mass by connecting more cities with building the connective road. Public kept quiet for a while, until the deaths.

Elders declared it to be the return of companion wolf who protected the woods; the nature was angry. By going against it they might cause their own destruction. They began protesting once again.

Seeing all of these stuffs made Piya more upset. She hated people who harmed environment. Witnessing everything before her eyes, was making things worse for her. Usually she could control her emotions and kept doing her regular activities. However, after coming here, her emotional side towards the living beings escalated to the highest peak. Nights passed by wetting her pillow. Dark circles prominently marked under her eyes. Seeing Piya in the condition, Misha couldn't help but thought of ways to lift her sister's spirit somehow.

"Her power is coming to surface. Sooner of later, it will show before us," grandma murmured, while Misha was peeking through the space between Piya's bedroom door to have a watchful eye.

Misha never believed such urban legends. Moreover, she never witnessed anything believable too.

"Please, nani. Not again,"

"Don't trust my words. But watch it unfolding in front of you, when it happens,"

Sugandh left the spot spilling some riddle. Whereas, Misha stood on the spot as before with a fretted face, looking at her crying sister from the doorstep.

Wanna visit a beautiful place? - Abhay.

A text message from him leaded her to meet him here today. He noticed her being down these days and knew that a place full of greenery would lift her mood up for sure. Result: they were standing in front of the entrance of the core forest area.

"Isn't it dangerous? Animals may feel cautious of our presence and attack us," Piya couldn't help but worry.

Abhay grinned a little before responding,"A pure hearted person can never be attacked by them,"

Holding her hand gently, he leaded the way to the destination.

Rays of afternoon sun shining over them; permeating through the green leaves, reaching the ground, warming up the wet soil. Yellow, red, orange leaves were falling from the branches onto the surface of flowing waterfall, motioning them to go to certain trip for their last journey. Birds were singing, crickets were forming a symphony for backup singing. In the woods, an orchestra was being harmonised, which was rarely possible in the jungle of concrete.

Walking on the dry leaves, listening to the rhythmic music, Piya was moving forward to see the place, holding Abhay's warm hand. Even since they first met, she found his hands were the warmest ones. It never forgot to give her shivers alike the day.

The sun began to tilt towards the west, forest began to change its colours to colder ones. After a few more minutes, they reached a cliff from where setting sun was shining, beaming for the last time of the day. Abhay leaded Piya to a particular settable stone; standing next to her, he was gazing over her outstandingly amazed face. Eventually, they both sat on the ground, while gazing at the same.

"Welcome to the most beautiful place in this whole town," he uttered while adoring her every expression.

The whole forest could be seen from the spot. Small violate, white wild flowers covered the land, where they were staying. The racing waterfall which flowed inside the woods and divided it into two part, had found its path towards the plain. Her eyes followed the stream which was well visible from there.

"Magnificent!" She couldn't express her happiness through words, just became silent, enjoying the heaven before her.

He smugged, following her eyes.

"Wish to stay here for the rest of my life," she whispered with dreamy eyes; his eyes fell on her.

"Then, stay here forever. Don't go,"

Piya sighed deeply; melancholy grasped her voice,"I have things to finish somewhere else. I...don't belong here,"

Her eyes flicked in mist. His eyes dropped down a bit.

"You do. You always belong here, Piya,"

Hearing him, she gaped into his eyes; they turned deeper in sorrow, longing came back; hers kept into his finding a bit of solace.

Authority decided to take over the forest and try finding that man-eater and kill it. News paper to news channels were telecasting it in every minute in breaking news.

Misha looked at Piya, whose eyes were shimmering in tears. Sugandh peeked at both of from the staircase. However, she remained stonic.

Piya was visiting the old market place; it was her last visit for the project. It was evening 4.30 and she had all the necessary information. She was standing near the old market fort waiting for Abhay to come.

The tourists were less in number due to these conflicts going on near the woods. Animal attacks had significantly increased and people became more fearful.

She was killing time while walking around in large walls of the fort. Out of the blue, a voice stopped her in between. It was unexpected and unfortunate to witness what she did, peeking from a huge pillar.

"All set, boss. Tomorrow morning the groups will eradicate the whole jungle path. Every animal coming forward will be slaughtered into pieces. Profits will be kissing the sky afterwards! None can touch Khurana industries now. Hahaha!"

Piya's heart dropped into stomach. Every fiber of her body began revolting.

"You don't worry, boss! Those activists won't be able to trace a thing in the core area. We arrange ever- WHO'S THERE?"

Piya got alerted with the fact, that she was visible to his eyesight now. Knowing her position and situation, she started running opposite.

"YOU STOP THERE!"

She didn't know what to do, how to overcome it. However, rather running towards the main road, her legs brought her into the woods. That was weird. Wasn't she supposed to stay out of here? Thought, she never felt afraid of it. To her they were always greeting warmly.

"STOP YOU THERE, B!TCH!"

She heard his voice coming from behind. It won't be too late to catch her. She was no match to his speed. The night was falling. Darkness began grabbing her vision. She didn't know how far she could run; how far she would survive. Even in this situation she wanted someone to stop the barbarism of supervisors and save the nature at all cost. It didn't matter if she had to sacrifice herself in it.

Was she asking for too much?

Exhaustion began blurring her eyes. Not able to hold her weight, she fell on the ground of thick grass. The well built man was almost hovering over her.

"NOW YOU DIE, B!TCH!"

The knife was about to peirce her body. Meanwhile, something bizarre took place before her. A large, black wolf jumped over him, snatching away the weapon from the man.

"NOOO-AAAAAH!"

Before he could make another noise for help, it tore apart his every body part into pieces. Only some big chung of flesh scattered all over the place. Blood was spilling through this. Within a moment, a healthy, living man turned into nothingness in the dark forest.

Piya wasn't scared of the wolf. Rather her eyes couldn't handle the bloodshed before her. In between exhaustion and shock, she began to black out. Before she fell into complete unconsciousness, her eyesight caught a pair of oceanic blue eyes towering over her anxiously.

"Are you alright now?" Misha almost cried when she saw her sister waking up from the unconscious state.

With a jolt, Piya came back to her senses and found herself in her room surrounded by her grandma, sister and an unexpected guest, Abhay, who brought her house. All of them were worried sick. However, she didn't have time for it.

"Save them! They're going to kill them all today, Misha. MISHA SAVE THEM!" She was hysterical, trying everything to make them understand.

"What are you talking about?"

"All of them are corrupted, Misha! Khurana isn't good. They are trying to destroy the whole place for their profit! We have to STOP!"

Abhay came near her to calm her down,"Please take it easy, Piya. You're still weak,"

"Abhay! You're also one of the gatekeepers of the forest, right? Please save it. PLEASE SAVE IT, ABHAY! I BEG YOU!" She kept crying, while grabbing her tiny hands around his broad ones.

Abhay got lost in those grief-stricken eyes before coming back with a reply,"I'll. Don't worry,"

Both Misha and Sugandh stared at him. Misha was surprised at his act. Whereas, Sugandh gave him a knowing grin.

"Wait for me till then. I'll be back with a good news," he firmly said it, tucking her hair behind her ear, gently.

She nodded her head, before seeing him getting out of the room.

Misha got puzzled, exchanging eyes with her grandma,"What just happened to him suddenly?"

"They can never refuse their master afterall," Sugandh expressed herself.

"What are you- Don't tell me he's.."

"Yes. He is,"

Misha didn't utter a single word afterwards, just looked at Piya who was desperately gazing at the way he went. Slowly, slowly, eventually things were falling into places. She was able to connect the dots.

Seeing everyone being ready for the mission in the news, Piya couldn't stay still. She had to do something. She needed to. Desperate for help, she ran to her grandma.

"Help me!"

This was it. Sugandh came out of her room and grabbed her hand, leading her to her own study room. Misha was watching all of of this. Seeing her sister's unknown behaviour, she shut her logical mind down and followed both of them.

Sugandh pulled a drawer up; took a box out and placed it before her and Piya. Opening it, she brought out another box. A known necklace with inscription of yellow petals, she put it before Piya, whose eyes were eying it. She last saw it in her childhood. Seeing it again, pushed her experiencing something completely different. The original chaperone necklace.

"Wear it. From now on, it will help you to achieve your goal," Sugandh didn't sugarcoat anything.

Sensing the gravity of her words, Piya did as instructed. After putting it on her neck, it began to glow the same way it did for the first time. However, this time a bit more. Misha was witnessing all of these silently. Her eyes couldn't get widened more.

What came inside in Piya, she didn't know. After a moment, she began running towards the backdoor of their house. Within a metre length, deep forest welcomed her as if it were always hers.

"Piya-"

"Don't stop her, Misha. She won't," Sugandh grabbed her grandchild's hand, while following behind her another one's back.

"Let's go,"

The darkness was deep, yet her leg didn't stop. Her intuition didn't fail her. She didn't fell or went at wrong direction. She was just running and running.

"LOOK AT THAT PLACE. IT MUST BE HIDING THERE!"

"GO GO!"

She reached a place, amidst of the noise that was breaking peaceful silence of the night. The executive hunting team must have started its mission. She felt her heart twisted in pain. Piya began to look here and there, left and right to see any clue of anything. A dim light coming from a particular place caught her eyes. Her feet leaded her there, as if they knew the place.

She was slowly approaching it. After a metre length, she discovered a den, from where it was illuminating. She took baby steps towards it. Noises of the predators were ringing in the background. She was a foot away, when she observed the most unexpected event in her whole life. It shocked her to core, but didn't  disgust her even a bit.

A large black wolf, wounded by its back, before her bare eyes, gradually transformed into a human. After a moment or three, her brain recognised him. Abhay Raichand! In his bare body, he was laying on the ground, painting heavily, immensely sweating. Her eyes couldn't get widened more. Her body moved by its own. His tired eyes got alert before they recognised the person in front of him.

"Piya?" He tried getting up from her position; fear was visible in those oceanic blue eyes, which got deeper in unwanted anticipation.

Piya didn't say a thing, but sat down before him. Eying the wounds that made him bedridden. Having three doctors in her family, she had experience of dressing severe injuries to some point.

Abhay shifted from him position, slowly coming near her; with a pleading voice he almost whispered,"Please don't hate me, Piya. I swear, I never killed anyone innocent. I was just trying to save the beings here. I'm-"

Piya touched his left cheek, caressing softly. Sudden touch made Abhay's eyes close, automatically; head tilted towards her hand; his whole existence was internalising her softness, drinking every bit of it. Her fingers brushed his lower lip; goosebumps covered all over him; his wolf began to purr in happiness.  For a moment every part of him forgot the pain from the deadly injuries he got; he was just enjoying the taming process his human master was serving.

"I don't hate you, Abhay. Rather I'm thankful to you for saving something I love dearly,"

Piya knew it now. She had connected all the dots together. She was indeed the chaperone of the forest and he was her companion wolf. The folklore was true. Her grandmother was always accurate.

He felt blessed, she felt peaceful. However, their heaven didn't last long as an ear bursting noise tore down every thing around them. Hunter teams charged dynamite nearby. Abhay's senses heightened and he jumped before Piya to guard her. The wolf came back and cut off the hand of the human who was about to shot Piya dead from behind.

"NOOO!" Piya could see another man charging fatal gun shots, aiming at him; she tried protecting him by holding him back, but it was late.

Abhay's body fell down; blood spattered spilling the dark ground, wetting everything near it. He became motionless. Piya's body froze in fear. Grief was crawling every inch of her fiber. She jumped down to ground, near him, holding his lifeless body in between her trumbling hands. Tears rolled down from both eyes, dropping on his wolf form. The empty golden eyes stared at her without blinking; life was slowly fading away.

Every moment spent with him began flashing before her eyes. His smile, gentleness, assurance, stories he told her; foods he shared with her, every precious moment was forming stinging pain in her. The man was approaching her, with a dirty smile; but she was grieving her love. Amidst of her life threatening situation, she wanted him to be alive. Even if she had to sacrifice herself she would. Just gave her lover back, gave him back!

"GIVE HIM BACK TO ME!" She shouted her lungs out in agony, anguish, desperation and pain.

The loss of lover, loss of her home turned every agony into a deep rooted resentment; anger turned rage of vengeance. Lights from her necklace dispersed spreading it beams. The man before her, shot his eyes open in bemusement.

It was when a miracle had taken place.

Misha was following her grandma's lead. In the darkness not a single wild animal, living being appeared before them with harmful intentions. She knew her grandma being a special kind. However, never ever thought of her having the same shield in her. Any normal human, would be afraid of crossing the woods in the middle of the night. But not her.

She was having similar thoughts, including the visions of her sister's desperation towards saving the jungle. Nevertheless, a sudden beam of light almost blinded her eyesight; forced both of them to stop on their track. That was when Misha witnessed one of the most eerie moments of her life, which she believed that none had sighted off.

Piya's body was floating in the air. Rays of blinding lights were emitting from her chest. The men of the misson turned statue on the ground, gasping at the her with no sense.
Earth began to shake; dry leaves flew in the mid air with spiralling wind. Within a blink of eye, it formed a tornado in the forest, throwing every trespasser out of the woods.
Centuries old transparent wall brought back alive, nature woke up to save her again.
The light extracting from Piya, spread throughout the forest, reforming the aliveness. The animals who were injured, trees that were almost death, began flourishing under the warm, yellowish grace.
Gradually the nature got back her liveliness alike the way it was before.
Fireflies set off roaming around the air. Night flowers covered the ground, blooming to scatter sweet fragnance to the world.

Misha was beyond speechless; Sugandh's eyes turned into crescent moon in joy. Both watched Piya's body came to the ground gradually in the lap of Abhay. His arms wrapped around her unharmed body; fingers were stoking her forehead. Thanks to her healing ability, he fully was out of danger, taking care of her sleeping body at the moment.

Misha couldn't help but began moving towards them. Sugandh had already reached there. From the moment now on, her logical mind that never trusted any existence beyond science, started to believe the folklore, which she had heard of since her childhood.

That was also when she noticed old butler of Abhay Raichand's house approaching the destination as her with teary eyes of gratitude and happiness.

He was also there since the beginning of the battle, even before Piya had come to rescue Abhay.

Khuranas got sued due to both Raichand and Ahuja's immediate action. Local people had started protecting against them. The miracle they faced last night helped them to see the truth of the real villains who wanted to destroy their home for good. High Court took the matter on their hands; under environment protection law thhe punishment would be finalised.

Piya woke up from her slumber just after they arrived home afterwards. Abhay carried her in his arms. Whereas, other three were just discussing the next steps. Everything had got back to normal after the storm. During their journey back to home, wild animals were showing the path towards their destination. Misha was amazed to see all of this; she decided to give ins and outs to Piya whenever she would wake up.

Piya had awakened her gifted powers. Proving Sugandh speculations, she came out to be the chosen one of the recent generation. Abhay was taking care of her, the injuries that he had before, were completely gone under the protector, Piya's mercy.

Sugandh began preparing for the food of five; old butler of Raichands was helping her with it. Misha being a curious cat, started reading every documents they had describing the folklore of Goddess and Her Companion Wolf.

"She has changed a lot within three years. Now you don't have to worry about your baby sister anymore," Eldest daughter, Panchi's fiancé, Sidhhanth Mehera, a fellow doctor of her workplace spoke up while bidding adios to his would be youngest sister-in-law in the airport.

"I can't stop worrying about her. Can you stop about your brother, Angad, Sid?" Panchi's counter reply made him giggled loudly.

"True to that," he responded in between making both of them smiling, understandably.

Misha and Piya flew back to Dehradun, where both decided to spend their lives helping each other with different fields, after spending the vacation here.

Walking on to the stonic path, holding each other's hand tightly, Piya was heading towards their favourite place with Abhay. It had been three years since that night of her awaken. After that she couldn't stay away from her home, forest and her companion wolf, Abhay for long.

The Sun was heading towards the west. Forest was changing its colours to prepare for the night. Within just a few moments, they arrived the cliff, where the whole greenery could be covered the most from. They sat down on their usual spot, interlocking their hands.

Abhay's deep blue orbs gazed into Piya's brown ones. Lips curled up in glee. Bliss was evident in their faces which travelled to close the distance between them.
Her delicate lips touched his pump ones; she took the initiative to devour him.
Her fingers stroked his chin, cheeks and soft; he was staying still, lost in her presence within.

She pushed herself from his face afterwards, slowly opening her eyes to observe his radiant beauty. His eyes gradually blinked, now showing golden rings in those blue ones.
He was her wolf, only hers. She was his master, the only one who could tame him. Her hand kept travelling his bare skin, grasping every essence; his head bent down to her lap, breathing her intoxicating scents in him.

The sun was shining over them, before slowly reaching to the horizon, like their first time coming here.

Flowers welcomed their love, birds kept singing, gentle cold breeze kissing them both for finding each other in the end, fulfilling the legacy of the Goddess and Her Companion Wolf: Chaperone.

~The End~

[The story is inspired by the movie, Bhediya.]

Happy 13th Anniversary to PKYEK!
Woohoo!🎉🎊

Hello everyone! It was the longest Abhiya OS I have ever written.
How was it? Exciting (😃) or very boring (🤥)?
Let me know in the comment section and don't forget to vote the chapter! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MyDriYa thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

Very nice … Took long enough to comment but I forgot about it for a while smiley36

Edited by MyDriYa - 2 months ago
simply.meghana thumbnail

I really hope I didn’t spoil Bhediya’s plot for myself by reading this smiley37smiley37 because I haven’t seen the movie yet smiley37smiley37

anyways, I really liked this! I’m weak for these kinds of reunion stories smiley9smiley27

Edited by simply.meghana - 6 months ago
Susmitasumi96 thumbnail

Originally posted by: simply.meghana

I really hope I didn’t spoil Bhediya’s plot for myself by reading this smiley37smiley37 because I haven’t seen the movie yet smiley37smiley37

anyways, I really liked this! I’m weak for these kinds of reunion stories smiley9smiley27

Don't worry, you didn't spoil the movie plot for yourself. 😹

Thank you so much for reading it.💜 Even I didn't know what I was writing until the end.😭🤣

simply.meghana thumbnail

Originally posted by: Susmitasumi96

Don't worry, you didn't spoil the movie plot for yourself. 😹

Thank you so much for reading it.💜 Even I didn't know what I was writing until the end.😭🤣

Thank goodness smiley37

And you’re welcome smiley31

Susmitasumi96 thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Is there any chance of being it unresssss sooner?🤣

MyDriYa thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Susmitasumi96

Is there any chance of being it unresssss sooner?🤣

Time is limitless smiley37

BabyHimavari thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

It was a wonderful peace of writing... read in one go smiley27

Description of forest.. and the legends... got totally engrossed into it... not a boring moment could be found.... the story had a smooth flow till the climax...

Great work dear...smiley20

Susmitasumi96 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BabyHimavari

It was a wonderful peace of writing... read in one go smiley27

Description of forest.. and the legends... got totally engrossed into it... not a boring moment could be found.... the story had a smooth flow till the climax...

Great work dear...smiley20

OMG!!! ONE OF MY FAVOURITE AUTHORS READ MY STORY!😭

I'm sooooo happy!!!😭😭💜💜

Thank you so so much for your precious comment on it! It motivated me a lot!💜✨

Susmitasumi96 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MyDriYa

Time is limitless smiley37

But, we are finite in this infinity.😭🤣