Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Munnabhai series are modern day classics ans iconic whereas no one knows Mr Bechara or whatever.

Anil's comedies are all forgotten craps.

He was never good in intense roles like Jackie and Sanjay nor he has good comic timing like Sanjay neither he has good looks of Sanjay and Jackie in their prime.

He looks younger now but was nowhere in looks and physique the way Sanjay and Jackie were. 

Zindagi ek jua is a forgotten masala film whereas Vaastav won all best actor awards that year and is listed among most iconic performances of all time by Filmfare few years ago.

Anil was someone who easily got overshadowed by even his heroines and villains.

Mr India, Laadla, Beta, Ram Lakhan today get more viewership due to Sridevi,Amrish Puri and Madhuri. Not for Anil. 

Even in craps like Judaai, Sridevi and Urmila dominated him entirely. 

He is a talented actor but never had charisma and was better suited for common man or happy go lucky roles.

Ghai and VVC knew his limitations which is why they always gave him bhola chhota bhai roles and not heavyweight roles like they gave to Jackie and Sanju.

Anyway, congrats for making new ID just to defend Anil. 

Jackie in Rangeela is hotter than Anil's entire career. Sanju in Yalgaar looks way better than Anil ever did. 

Anil can never be as understated as Jackie was in Rangeela or Kaash nor can he be as intense as Jackie was in Parinda and Gardish nor can he match Sanjay in Khalnayak, Vaastav and Munnabhai series.

He must be thanking his stars when Sanjay got jailed so that there was less competition for him. Too bad he got overtaken by Khans soon and his dream to be #1 remained there only. 

Even Amrish Puri often ate up Anil as an actor and Mr India is perfect example of it. Anil is the only actor for who it was written that film should have been named Mogamno or Miss India as Amrish and Sridevi stole the show or that Beta should have been called Beti as it was a Madhuri show all the way. 

Subtract Sridevi, Madhuri, Amrish from his films and you have not much left to watch in Anil films. 

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Yes that is what I said. Anil is good for light hearted roles while Jackie and Sanjay are better for darker and more intense roles.

This is why Anil was happy go lucky brother in Parinda also and never managed to do what Jackie did in Parinda.

Ghai always cast Anil in happy go lucky roles like Karma and Ram Lakhan. For more intense role he chose Sanjay Dutt in Khalnayak. Not Anil.

Jackie shroff was older than anil so he was casted in serious elder role and anil as the younger brother, but thats plane blindness if you think anil can't do serious intense roles. I tike sanjay dutt more but anil was a lot more natural than sanjay dutt, he could bring variation in his characters he played.You must of missed Marshal, Mere jung, eshwar, virasaat, awaargi, pukar, that guy can't play almost anything

Munnabhai series are modern day classics ans iconic whereas no one knows Mr Bechara or whatever.

He was never good in intense roles like Jackie and Sanjay nor he has good comic timing like Sanjay neither he has good looks of Sanjay and Jackie in their prime.

He looks younger now but was nowhere in looks and physique the way Sanjay and Jackie were. 

Zindagi ek jua is a forgotten masala film whereas Vaastav won all best actor awards that year and is listed among most iconic performances of all time by Filmfare few years ago.

Mr India, Laadla, Beta, Ram Lakhan today get more viewership due to Sridevi,Amrish Puri and Madhuri. Not for Anil. 

He is a talented actor but never had charisma and was better suited for common man or happy go lucky roles.

Ghai and VVC knew his limitations which is why they always gave him bhola chhota bhai roles and not heavyweight roles like they gave to Jackie and Sanju.

Jackie in Rangeela is hotter than Anil's entire career. Sanju in Yalgaar looks way better than Anil ever did. 

Anil can never be as understated as Jackie was in Rangeela or Kaash nor can he be as intense as Jackie was in Parinda and Gardish nor can he match Sanjay in Khalnayak, Vaastav and Munnabhai series.

He must be thanking his stars when Sanjay got jailed so that there was less competition for him. Too bad he got overtaken by Khans soon and his dream to be #1 remained there only. 

Even Amrish Puri often ate up Anil as an actor and Mr India is perfect example of it. Anil is the only actor for who it was written that film should have been named Mogamno or Miss India as Amrish and Sridevi stole the show or that Beta should have been called Beti as it was a Madhuri show all the way. 

Subtract Sridevi, Madhuri, Amrish from his films and you have not much left to watch in Anil films. 

Maybe Beta is more loved because of Madhuri since Anil's role was not that strong but he stole the show in Ram Lakhan from Jackie Shroff (he is the heart of the movie) and also shined in Mr. India. Just because Amrish Puri is so iconic as Mogambo doesn't mean Anil was bland, he did his job well.

I feel like you are underselling Anil Kapoor here.

harun98 thumbnail

Sridevi and madhuri got meatier part thats why they stole the show but that's plane blindness if you dismiss talent anil has. I think Tezaab, Pukar (where he got national award best actor) is more remembered for his acting. When it came to their films they always ate up any hero not just Anil himself lol

Originally posted by: harun98

Sridevi and madhuri got meatier part thats why they stole the show but that's plane blindness if you dismiss talent anil has. I think Tezaab, Pukar (where he got national award best actor) is more remembered for his acting. When it came to their films they always ate up any hero not just Anil himself lol

Pukar is underrated, same for Nayak. Shame they flopped

harun98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Journey95

Maybe Beta is more loved because of Madhuri since Anil's role was not that strong but he stole the show in Ram Lakhan from Jackie Shroff (he is the heart of the movie) and also shined in Mr. India. Just because Amrish Puri is so iconic as Mogambo doesn't mean Anil was bland, he did his job well.

I feel like you are underselling Anil Kapoor here.

Thats like calling dharam/BigB bland as amjad khan stole the show, villain's always steal the show if it has great actors like umrish, that's always been the case. Also Tezaab was his performance why the movie was a big success with ek do teen being additional help. Only Movie madhuri was better than anil was Beta where anil's role was weaker. 

atominis thumbnail

Age has nothing to do with ability as actors to do intense roles.

I never said Anil cannot do intense roles. I just said Jackie and Sanjay are better than Anil in intense roles.

It is not that hard to understand and comprehend, is it? 

There is NOT single 'intense' Anil role which has stood test of time and matched Jackie in Parinda, Gardish, Kaash and Sanjay in Naam, Khalnayak, Vaastav. 

Anil never had good looks, style and charisma of Jackie and Sanju at their prime either and always looked like an uncle. 

Yes Anil can do any type of role but in certain types of roles Jackie and Sanjay are better than him. I do not think I have to repeat the examples again.

Anil may have done comedies but there is no Anil film which came close to Munnabhai series. Just as Anil can never be as hot as Jackie and Sanjay were in Rangeela and Yalgaar. 

Here's to eternal natkhat bhola chhota bhai! Even his Eeshwar, Woh 7 Din, Saaheb etc are about playing simpleton, bhola, natkhat manchild and he was expert in such characters. 

atominis thumbnail

I am not dismissing Anil's talent. Juat said Jackie and Sanjay are better looking, more charismatic, hotter than Anil and better than Anil in intense, darker roles.

Also better stop using words like 'blindness'. Learn to argue without using such words. 

harun98 thumbnail

I think Munabhai serie's would of suited him since he could play tapoori role which he has done in his older movies, i'm no big fan of anil kapoor but my contention was he can't do intense role thats just plane blindness.

atominis thumbnail

How is Pukaar underrated? Anil got a National award for it if I am not mistaken.

So how is the film underrated? Though it is remembered only for Madhuri and Prabhudeva song Que sera sera song now.

Nayak became popular on TV later so cannot call it underrated either. It has a cult following especially due to interview scene with Amrish Puri (the charismatic villain) and the novel theme of ek din ka CM.

Neither films are underrated. They flopped because Anil was a spent force by then and lost his ability as a BO draw. Younger actors be it Khans, Deols, Hrithik etc had caught fancy of audience by 1999-2001.