Users

Frequent Posters

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

I loved him in once upon a time in mumbai and son of sardar

atominis thumbnail

Aamir and Ajay are brilliant in Ishq, especially the pipe scene and scenes with Ajay's dad in that film.

Thanks for reminding me of Bol Bachchan as well.

He was very good in it.

He was also good in Son of Sardar in comedy scenes.

Quite a number of hits in every genre for an 'overrated' actor. 🤣

One can dislike him for his personal controversies or maybe looks or political affiliation but cannot deny he is a good actor who has proven in capability in each genre and has been a stable, reliable star without any PR, support of big banners.

Action, comedy, drama, thriller, romance, horror, period/historical films, social issue films - this man has given hits and good performances in each genre. 

Just because he has also done a lot of crap, it does not mean he is an overrated actor. 

He has never been a one trick pony. He is versatile, does justice to each role he does and he, I repeat, has the best voice modulation among all actors from 90s. He can make a good narrator someday if he chooses to. He has a deep, manly voice and good language skill.

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Aamir and Ajay are brilliant in Ishq, especially the pipe scene and scenes with Ajay's dad in that film.

Thanks for reminding me of Bol Bachchan as well.

He was very good in it.

He was also good in Son of Sardar in comedy scenes.

Quite a number of hits in every genre for an 'overrated' actor. 🤣

One can dislike him for his personal controversies or maybe looks or political affiliation but cannot deny he is a good actor who has proven in capability in each genre and has been a stable, reliable star without any PR, support of big banners.

Action, comedy, drama, thriller, romance, horror, period/historical films, social issue films - this man has given hits and good performances in each genre. 

Just because he has also done a lot of crap, it does not mean he is an overrated actor. 

He has never been a one trick pony. He is versatile, does justice to each role he does and he, I repeat, has the best voice modulation among all actors from 90s. He can make a good narrator someday if he chooses to. He has a deep, manly voice and good language skill.

Yess. He's done great in masala as well as movies like Zakhm or Gangajal.

I remember reading in some thread that Ajay looks good in wardi.

I think it was Gangajal where there's a shot of his back in uniform. And I was impressed by the V shape of his torso.

In looks, he is maybe the only top tier star who also resembles the common man from the streets.

atominis thumbnail

The last line is spot on and the reason why Ajay shines in rustic or urban poor, marginalised or rural section roles. He naturally fits in Omkara, Gangajal, Raajneeti, Dhanwaan, OUATIM, Company, Lajja without having to use artificial brownface make up and faking accent unlike other actors who use brownface make up and still fail to fit in characters perfectly. 

Common man relates to him. That is why his debut was also successful and beat none other than overhyped YRF's Lamhe with Anil and Sridevi who were much bigger stars then. 

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

In his earlier movies he used to play najaayaz aulad a lot and it suited him with his dark appearance angry emotional look. He played these roles in kache daag, platform, hulchul, najaayaz, miss him in those roles as he suited better than any other actors in those roles.

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: harun98

In his earlier movies he used to play najaayaz aulad a lot and it suited him with his dark appearance angry emotional look. He played these roles in kache daag, platform, hulchul, najaayaz, miss him in those roles as he suited better than any other actors in those roles.

So legal children are fair and illegitimate children are born dark? 😆

Btw you missed his best work as najayaz - Zakhm. I'll recommend if you haven't seen.

harun98 thumbnail

lol I seen Zakhm twice already, he played the role najayaaz in zakhm but this time in a arty type movies as opposed to the commercial ones.

atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: harun98

This is in bad taste.

You think 'najayaz aulaad' aka 'illegitimate kids' are always dark skinned and cannot be fair skinned? And they always have to look bitter? 

Salman Khan has played 'najayaz aulad' in Yeh Hai Jalwa. He was fair, happy go lucky. 

Amitabh has played 'najayaz aulaad' in Trishul, Laawaris, but he is not as dark as Ajay and his character is more happy go lucky in Laawaris.

Amisha is a child born out of rape in Yeh Zindagi ka safar but she is fair skinned. 

This is a weird stereotype. You can dislike an actor but no need to make sweeping generalisations on kids born out of wedlock. 

What does 'najayaz aulaad suits him', mean? 

atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: AdrakKombucha

So legal children are fair and illegitimate children are born dark? 😆

Btw you missed his best work as najayaz - Zakhm. I'll recommend if you haven't seen.

Zakhm is too serious a subject for most average film viewers.

No wonder they think any actor able to pull off those films successfully is overrated.

Anyway I am laughing how classist, racist, casteist this comment is that Ajay suits illegitimate kid roles due to his looks. As if only ones born in wedlock are fair and handsome. 

Probably Ajay's success is unbearable to some who cannot see beyond looks. He was called 'jamadar' when his first film's poster was released. Yeh hero nahi jamadar lagta hai. 

He has come a long way despite getting such cheap comments on his looks just due to his skin colour. 

harun98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

This is in bad taste.

You think 'najayaz aulaad' aka 'illegitimate kids' are always dark skinned and cannot be fair skinned? And they always have to look bitter? 

Salman Khan has played 'najayaz aulad' in Yeh Hai Jalwa. He was fair, happy go lucky. 

Amitabh has played 'najayaz aulaad' in Trishul, Laawaris, but he is not as dark as Ajay and his character is more happy go lucky in Laawaris.

Amisha is a child born out of rape in Yeh Zindagi ka safar but she is fair skinned. 

This is a weird stereotype. You can dislike an actor but no need to make sweeping generalisations on kids born out of wedlock. 

What does 'najayaz aulaad suits him', mean? 

I didn't mention complexion, dark as in mysterious, trauma, in that sense I said dark personality