Why political marriage?

shareShare facebook twitter
  •  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 months ago

When the Kashi and Baji marriage was discussed, there was a courtier in the Shahu's court who said this is a political move. I do not understand. Mahadji already gave the money for the military strengthening. He was supporting the Shahu. Why is the marriage important for Maratha Samrajya? I understand that Mahadji was really rich but Balaji rao was not a Peshwa yet.. he was the head of the Military.

Posted: 4 months ago
Originally posted by umawanderer


When the Kashi and Baji marriage was discussed, there was a courtier in the Shahu's court who said this is a political move. I do not understand. Mahadji already gave the money for the military strengthening. He was supporting the Shahu. Why is the marriage important for Maratha Samrajya? I understand that Mahadji was really rich but Balaji rao was not a Peshwa yet.. he was the head of the Military.

They keep repeating that Kashi Baji marriage is important for Maratha samraj but I find no sense in it. I feel they highlight it just for the purpose of show.

Also,another reason they mentioned the marriage as political one was that Mahadji's son is supporting Rani Sahab who is rival of Shahu Mahraj. The ministers felt that even though Mahad's loyalty belongs to Shahu still blood relations are supreme,if someday Bala would manipulate Mahad he being the father may help Rani Sahab via Bala which will be loss for Shahu.


So,they manipulated Mahad in name of his honesty & royalty to say yes to the marriage alliance of Kashi-Baji. It would benefit Shahu gang as Mahad won't ever go against Balaji/Bajirao in future for his son because Kashi's life would be at stakes.


Edited by rmahi25 - 4 months ago
Posted: 4 months ago
Originally posted by rmahi25


They keep repeating that Kashi Baji marriage is important for Maratha samraj but I find no sense in it. I feel they highlight it just for the purpose of show.

Also,another reason they mentioned the marriage as political one was that Mahadji's son is supporting Rani Sahab who is rival of Shahu Mahraj. The ministers felt that even though Mahad's loyalty belongs to Shahu still blood relations are supreme,if someday Bala would manipulate Mahad he being the father may help Rani Sahab via Bala which will be loss for Shahu.


So,they manipulated Mahad in name of his honesty & royalty to say yes to the marriage alliance of Kashi-Baji. It would benefit Shahu gang as Mahad won't ever go against Balaji/Bajirao in future for his son because Kashi's life would be at stakes.



I kinda understand that.. I understand that to prove Mahadji's loyalty they asked Kashi's hand for Bajirao. But why bajirao? that is my question. wouldn't marrying someone more powerful than Balajirao wouldn't be profitable.. Balajirao is not yet Peshwa right?


but I still do not see the whole "Kashibai important for Maratha samrajya" angle. There might have been more moneylenders who would have more money and daughters. Why only Kashi?

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by umawanderer



I kinda understand that.. I understand that to prove Mahadji's loyalty they asked Kashi's hand for Bajirao. But why bajirao? that is my question. wouldn't marrying someone more powerful than Balajirao wouldn't be profitable.. Balajirao is not yet Peshwa right?


but I still do not see the whole "Kashibai important for Maratha samrajya" angle. There might have been more moneylenders who would have more money and daughters. Why only Kashi?

Creative's Khyali Pulao.smiley37

  1  

Kashibai Bajirao Ballal 


Related Topics

No Related topics found

Topic Info

2 Participants 3 Replies 1073Views

Topic started by umawanderer

Last replied by rmahi25

loader
loader
up-open TOP