OS- Extinguished Flames (Arylie)

radicalleftist thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Thought of this last night when I was incredibly sleepy. I wanted a scene that might occur right before Imlie and Aryan agree to get married to each other.

I spent some time thinking what kind of marriage would it be. I could see a love marriage with them both mutually agreeing to get married. But I sure as heck could not see a forced marriage. Not after what has already happened with Imlie before. So I chose something that would be mutual and a bit peaceful for them both.

Please save your chapals.

"Toh shaadi ke liya akhir tumne maan hi li"

Imlie turned around. Aryan, loomed over the doorway.

A bittersweet smile escaped her lips. "Toh kya karat sakte the hum", she mumbled quietly.

Aryan walked towards her. And she couldn't help but stop her breath in their tracks. Was that a smirk she saw? She brushed the thought away.

"Kar toh tum bhot kuch kar sakti thi. Lekin-"

"Lekin kabhi tumse pyar nahi", Imlie said. Confidant in her words even as her heart fluttered for a fraction of a moment and her mind ignored everything but the fact that this was compromise. This was only for the purpose of saving one mother from immense sorrow and to gift another mother unending happiness. 

Aryan's wince was quickly covered by his nod. "Yeh tumse kisne keh diya ki pyar nahi hoga?"

The words echoed in the room. The window behind them let in the cool air. It was supposed to be the monsoon seasons beginning. But not a single drop of rain had fallen despite the warm temperatures and grey clouds.

"Aap humka yahi poochne ke liye aaye hai?" Imlie asked ignoring his question as blatant sarcasm.

"Nahi. Yeh jaane ke liye aaya tha ki yeh shaadi zabardasti toh nahi hai tumhare liye." Aryan inched closer.

"Dekho Imlie, kisi ke liye tumhe majboor nahi hona hai. Infact mein toh kabhi bhi nahi chahta ki tum koi bhi decision kisi bhi dabav mein aakar karo. Mein to chahta hoon ki tum apni marzi se yeh decision lo aur..."

"Aur kya Aryan sir?" but before he could continue she quickly interrupted him. "Udhar nahi loongi is baar".

Aryan's smile escaped from the corner of his lips. "Aur Ms. Imlie- yeh decision tum lo kyun ki har insaan ka haq hota hai ki woh pyaar ke khatir shaadi kare. Zabardasti se nahi. "

Imlie cut him off. Her mind going a mile a minute answered quickly.

"Wahi toh hum kar rahe hai. Kya hai na, hum apne amma se bohot pyar karat rahe. Aur ab toh hum aapki amma se bhi pyar karat rahe. Aur aap toh humesha se apni amma se pyar karat rahe. Toh ab jab hum dono hi aama log chahat hai ki hum shaadi kar le-, to hum in dono ke pyar ki vajah se shaadi karat hai na. Toh koi zabardasti nahi.

Kya hai na. Yeh amma log na, meri Sita maiya ki tara hai. Humesha mera saath rahet hai. Hum inko poojthe hai aur inka koi bhi baat galat nahi rehet sakat hai. Iss liye jo woh chahe, agar meine woh nahi kiya, toh hum toh poori ki poori tara se galat ho jayenge nah.

Dekho na. Shaadi mein pyar nahi toh nahi. Lekin izaat toh hum ek doosre ki karat rahe. Aur hum toh dost bhi hai. Saari duniya kehet hai humse. Tumse. Toh bas. Shaadi humari yani ki humari zindagi bhar ki dosti aur-"

"Aur kabhi pyar nahi", Aryan interrupted, not believing a single word but watching Imlie intently. The wind rustled behind her. Her hair moving in the background. Her face moving and contorting in this story that would only be a story. The reality was very evident that he had fallen in love with her. Over and over again. And she, she was also going to love him. But only as a friend, as a debt he didn't even agree to loan. 

Imlie looked up. "Aur kabhi pyar nahi", Imlie repeated. She would never admit it. Not even to herself. But this time around, she was the one convincing herself.

She was convincing herself so many things these days. She knew that for the most part this marriage really was for her mother who had cried rivers upon hearing Adis marriage to Malini. But this was also for his mother who promised she would easily dance on broken shards out of pure happiness if she could just see Aryan and Imlie get married.

But the one thing, that was screeching quietly in the background was that this marriage, this man, and this entire relationship would be exactly as it was with Adi. The darkness, deceit, betrayal, and lies would rage in the background, burning everything it touched. And she would bear the brunt of it just as she always had.

Aryan's mind was already racing as he watched Imlie in her thoughts, his mind was making promises faster than he could even list them. This would be it, the first day of the rest of their lives. In this entire lifetime he would never let her face the world alone. He would be with her every step of the way. The world, as fickle as it was would only see that he was protecting her, that somehow he was her guard. But they would never see or even believe that actually he was the one that had been saved a thousand times over. The fire that had raged in his heart was quiet for once and with Imlie, peace was always with him.

As the two stood in their thoughts, the world seemed to have paused around them. So much so that they didn't even realize that somehow or another they were only inches apart from each other at this point. Some invisible force was around them and it would never cease until these two would be together.

But this moment did not pause for a second longer. The clouds gathered, thunder broke out and the first droplets of this monsoon blessed the new couple into their forever journey. Maybe this fire would not burn all in sight. Maybe love would quench all thirst.

Edited by radicalleftist - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hurrom thumbnail

WOW.....Nice OS..... 

Priti1610 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Wow love their conversation always arylie is heart...make more os it was good amazing... Happy new year 

DJ_3 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

Imlie's mind needs to see what her heart already knows for Aryan. 😆

You wrote the dilemma of Imlie well and the strong vulnerability of Aryan.  👏

Edited by chat_3 - 2 years ago
Sumaan_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Beautiful pls update soon 

Zara2021 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Hellooo

Beautiful piece. I loved how you portrayed Aryan and Imlie's feelings. Both of them are feeling so much even though a lot is left unsaid. Imlie's fear and worries are so natural. 

Thanks for sharing x

Telly_Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

👏👏👏👏

absolute treat.. well balanaced betwee comic and emotional quotient..

i ROFLed in imlie not accepting any udhar today and her justification of marriage how keeping ammas happy is the sole reason.. beautifully written. 

do write more and tag me as well.

thanks for sharing 

radicalleftist thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Thank you all! I wasn't expecting this amount of love for this but I appreciate you all!

nikipuki thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Lovely OS. Hope you can weave more stories for us.  👌

Sarcy thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8

Lovely piece! I especially loved the way you wove Aryan's thought process towards the end.