Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I never said they are bad people.

I particularly dislike men like Sanjay Kapur who moved from one wife and kids to another wife and kids, abused second wife also and slandered her in media in a messy divorce and moved on to a new woman. Is it so easy to leave 2 wives and 2 or more kids from previous 2 marriages? 

I do not care if I sound harsh for these rich crorepatis dumping wives and kids like old cars, still being abusive.

Or the drama when someone like ex wife of Raj Kundra bashes Shilpa publicly and blames her for breaking her marriage. 

And I am sorry if it sounds offensive but I have no sympathy for likes of Kamal Haasan and Aamir Khan who have dumped women (wives and live in partners) and kids with those women so easily over the years. I can only wish luck to any woman who agrees to be third wife or nth live in partner/affair of these types of men, given the hard work and emotional labour she will have to do and still have no guarantee of loyalty and commitment from these men. 

I have given very specific examples of kind of rich playboy types I was glad Katrina, Anushka, Deepika, Sonam stayed away from.

Marriage is not a joke. In that sense I again repeat I respect Salman Khan for not marrying and dumping wives and kids one after the other. He broke off when he did not want to commit. Never went to wedding altar nor kept women in legal loophole the way Boney kept Sridevi.

Boney never legally divorced Sridevi. Imagine the trouble Sridevi would face if Mona had decided to go to court challenging validity of Boney-Sri marriage as first wife is still alive. Legally Sri's marriage is invalid even today.

Hema had to face lot of backlash from Dharam's family when she decided to marry him. He mostly lives with first wife, kids with her and extended family in Punjab. Not much with Hema or her daughters. Such compromises are hard for anyone which is why Hema had openly and repeatedly said she would never let her daughters marry a married man or follow her footsteps in married life. 

I am glad Kat, Deepika, Sonam, Anushka were saved from such drama and complications. 

Anyway I get your POV and why you must have felt offended. Perhaps I did not make context of class of high society celebs, crorepatis clear in first post. 

I clearly did not imply commoners. For commoners even first marriage is hard. Moving from one spouse and kids to another every 7 or 15 years is not easy for them like rich and famous. 

Aamir for eg is someone who even refused to acknowledge his love child with British journalist Jessica Hines. I would not bring myself to say anything decent for such high society types who consider relationships and even kids something to take lightly, easy to move on or pretend it does not exist or leave moms to take care of kids while they move on. 

So yeah, I will reiterate I am glad Kat, Anushka, Deepika, Sonam did not marry such men and have no such baggage to deal with.

This does not mean they have no possibility of challenge in own married lives. They can be cheated or divorced in future, they have to work on their marriage given the fickle nature of relations in high society. But they atleast started on a clean slate without possibility of being blamed for breaking marriages or taking a man away from his kids or their legal status in jeopardy as a wife. 

I am relieved exchange was civil and both of us are clearer on what we wanted to convey respectively. Thanks. I understand your POV but I was not talking about general masses or divorcees in general among commoners. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

Khilji was made extra evil by SLB to avoid backlash by right wing groups who accused him of glorifying Khilji or casting a real life couple as Khilji and Padmavati to show them as a couple in film. All that OTT stuff is to water down backlash, show Khilji extra bad, extra pervert so that no sympathy goes for him in audience's mind. 

Some people liked Ranveer as Khilji and even that riled up right wingers who saw it as glorification of Khilji.

SLB did play with fire by casting a real life couple as heroine and villain in a historical epic which is considered a sensitive communal and caste pride matter. 

He had to do a lot more to make Khilji look despicable and assure RW elements that he was not trying to capitalise on Deepika and Ranveer chemistry. 

Anyway I am surprised why Ranveer was dragged here also. 

I found his acting OTT that it didn’t look believable.. Khilji didn’t look menacing or that evil to me.. I’m not saying he looked OTT evil.. infact Jim looked the part more. 

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: atominis

Who says first wife or husband cannot get  cheated or abused?

Fresh means FRESH start or start on a clean slate here. Not other sense.

Atleast Reena started on a clean slate with Aamir for eg and did not have to deal with comparisons with his past wife or striking a rapport with kids from previous marriage. That is difficult and not manageable for everyone.

Kiran Rao had it tougher and dealt with comparisons with Aamir's first wife, struck a rapport with his kids from first marriage and also had to manage Aamir being friendly, in touch with his first wife, without any discomfort in the equation. Still, after all the hard work and emotional labour, even she was dumped by Aamir. 

That's what I am referring to. 

Kareena had to strike a rapport with Saif's kids no? But then Saif is not like Kamal Haasan, Sanjay Kapur, Aamir Khan either who kept moving from one wife and kids to another or kept in touch with previous wife as a friend despite being married to new one. This is why I do not dwell on Saif example. 

Saif is also not like Boney and Dharam who did not divorce first wife or like Dharam who lives with first wife and kids with her instead of Hema. 

Stars like Karisma, Sridevi, Hema had to make lot of compromises. Karisma still got embroiled in an abusive relation and messy, bitter divorce as Sanjay gave statements against her in media. Sarika, Vani, Reena, Kiran got raw deal from Kamal and Aamir. 

Shilpa was publicly slandered by Raj Kundra's ex wife and blamed for breaking her marriage. Saif and Kareena have not had such issues. So why should I name them when my reference point is some other stars who got blamed, villainised, abused, left out by their previously married spouses or their families? 

Atleast Katrina, Deepika, Anushka, Sonam do not run risk of being blamed by ex wife the way Shilpa Shetty was. So yes I stand by what I said about being happy for Kat, Anushka, Deepika, Sonam for starting on a clean slate or fresh note without past baggage of bitter ex spouses or spouses like Sanjay, Aamir, Kamal who are habitual in leaving wives and kids without any long term commitment or loyalty. 

Or that Kabir Bedi who married woman younger than his daughter at old age. 

Then you should have spoken specifically about these people and not used generalising terms such as 'firsthand' and 'second hand'. You generalizing all divorced men was what rankled with so many people. 

Anyway, I'm happy for anyone who marries the man/woman of their choice, irrespective of their previous marital status. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

I don’t completely agree with you, but that’s life.. 😆

Commoners aren’t saints either and they have it worse if the marriage isn’t good. Infact, you will see marital rape, domestic violence, cheating is more common. It’s just that it’s not out in the open for everyone to see. 

The “clean slate” stuff is I don’t get; people might not be married but they may be in live in for years. Ya, no kids.. but how is it different from a marriage? Baggage doesn’t mean a relationship only. People can have health, psychological issues etc. No one is perfect. So if you truly love someone; you accept them as they are. 

People won’t compare their partners with ex wives / husbands. Generally, they learn from their mistakes and take care not to repeat history. Divorces are generally messed up, especially in India cuz the entire family gets involved. People may be stuck if their spouse passed away. As there is no bitterness there.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

I think another marriage with a man with kids is different for common masses. These men get married so that they will have someone to raise their kids.

Celeb kids are raised either by own mothers or they have a staff to care for them. 

I think all they do is figure out how to be cordial with the step mother. They don’t have to cook, clean, teach them.. they aren’t expected to. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

By the way, which Sanjay kapur are you talking about? 

Sanjay has only been married to Maheep once. 

MDNA thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Vicky is so hot.  Looks dreamy ☺️

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

She's talking about Karishma's husband I guess. 

atominis thumbnail

I have clarified already what kind of high society playboys I had referred to. 

In multiple posts I clarified. Not my problem if someone did not want to read.

Anyway no matter how it sounds, nobody is going to be excited for third wedding of men like Aamir Khan, Kamal Haasan, Sanjay Kapur and I can only extend my best wishes for women who decide to marry such men and all hard work they will have to do handling such men, striking a good rapport with their previous 2 wives who are in touch as co parents or handling a sensitive balance in relating to their growing kids from first 2 marriages. 

And no one is excited when men of grandpa age like Kabir Bedi marry girls of their grand daughter's age. 

No one is gonna be excited for third wedding of Shweta Tiwari and how the new couple will be handling her 2 kids from first 2 marriages. 

Anyone can marry who they want, at any stage of life they want. That is their freedom of choice.

But anyone can opine or stay clear of people enmeshed in relations with disloyal, abusive rich brats as well. 

So exercising my FoE, I reiterate I am glad Anushka, Deepika, Katrina, Sonam have married men closer to their age and with no past baggage or legal issues like Sridevi, Hema etc did in past or clamouring to be third wife of people like Aamir, Kamal and Sanjay Kapur. 

atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

That is Sanjay Kapur. The businessman who was husband of Karisma Kapur and was previously married before he married Karisma, dumped his first wife, kids, later dumped Karisma and kids, now going to marry third time as per media reports. 

The one married to Maheep is Sanjay Kapoor. I am not talking about Anil's younger brother here.