Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

Madhuri's husband is not a divorced man with 2 kids nor are Ambani couples like this. So your examples do not hold water.

Hema, Sridevi, Meena Kumari got flak all the time for being in love with previously married men or got branded as homewreckers.

Katrina, Deepika, Anushka, Madhuri do not have such baggage.

You can say what you want for political correctness but in real life people still prefer to marry someone single rather than a person with previous several failed marriages and kids from previous marriages. 

Not everyone can handle striking balance or take spouse's friendship or relation with their first spouse or manage to forge good relationship with spouse's kids from former marriage. That is a huge responsibility which not everyone can shoulder without being seen as a villain or compared to previous spouse.

In celeb world especially, it is easy to have multiple divorces and marriages unlike for commoners. 

What did Vani and Sarika gain after marrying a man like Kamal? What did Reena and Kiran gain after marrying a man like Aamir? What did Karisma gain after marrying a man like Sanjay Kapur? 

Their husbands are filthy rich men who easily move on to new pastures and leave kids and wife from previous marriages. 

It does not matter how 'offensive' it sounds. If truth sounds bitter then so be it. 

I am glad Katrina, Deepika, Anushka married young men, closer to their age and not serial divorcees and child abandoners. 

You conveniently avoided Kareena example.😆

You're speaking as if women marrying 'fresh' men don't get abused or cheated. What are you even saying? Or are you trying to say that every divorced man on the planet is an abuser or serial cheater? Is that the 'truth' you're talking about? 😆

Bold: Well, Reena married a 'firsthand' man Amir and still got cheated. So where's the guarantee that 'fresh' men won't cheat or abuse? I'm sorry, but nothing you're saying makes any sense. 

And no, it's not about political correctness. It's about human decency. Terming someone as 'second hand' is degrading and derogatory. Humans don't become objects just because you say so. I can also say "All divorced women are unfit wives and should be avoided like plague" but it won't become the TRUTH. It'll just show my narrow thinking and outdated mindset. 

Edited by Mahisa_22 - 2 years ago
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Madhuri's husband is not a divorced man with 2 kids nor are Ambani couples like this. So your examples do not hold water.

Hema, Sridevi, Meena Kumari got flak all the time for being in love with previously married men or got branded as homewreckers.

Katrina, Deepika, Anushka, Madhuri do not have such baggage.

You can say what you want for political correctness but in real life people still prefer to marry someone single rather than a person with previous several failed marriages and kids from previous marriages. 

Not everyone can handle striking balance or take spouse's friendship or relation with their first spouse or manage to forge good relationship with spouse's kids from former marriage. That is a huge responsibility which not everyone can shoulder without being seen as a villain or compared to previous spouse.

In celeb world especially, it is easy to have multiple divorces and marriages unlike for commoners. 

What did Vani and Sarika gain after marrying a man like Kamal? What did Reena and Kiran gain after marrying a man like Aamir? What did Karisma gain after marrying a man like Sanjay Kapur? 

Their husbands are filthy rich men who easily move on to new pastures and leave kids and wife from previous marriages. 

It does not matter how 'offensive' it sounds. If truth sounds bitter then so be it. 

I am glad Katrina, Deepika, Anushka married young men, closer to their age and not serial divorcees and child abandoners. 

But then again, just because someone is divorced that doesn't necessarily make an unmarried person a better option than a divorced one. You are generalising things way too much. 

I have seen women leaving their husbands and kids for someone else without a second glance. Some cases are obvious and we know that they have a history of cheating/ abuse. But other than that, people separate cordially too. Divorces among rich are common because its not that much of a social taboo for them. If there is no societal pressure and financial dependency, most people would go separate ways even among middle class folk. Divorces in India have increased in our gen anyways. So many of my juniors - seniors, classmates are already divorced in 2-3 years of marriage. They are just in mid 20s now. 

And just because someone remains married for life - doesn't mean they are happy either. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Divorces are increasing in India too. 10 years ago, you would be shocked,, but these days I hear so many people I know getting divorced.

Most girls have become independent these days, they can fend for themselves like they used to so see no reason to stick around if they are unhappy. 

Mahisa_22 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

But then again, just because someone is divorced that doesn't necessarily make an unmarried person a better option than a divorced one. You are generalising things way too much. 

I have seen women leaving their husbands and kids for someone else without a second glance. Some cases are obvious and we know that they have a history of cheating/ abuse. But other than that, people separate cordially too. Divorces among rich are common because its not that much of a social taboo for them. If there is no societal pressure and financial dependency, most people would go separate ways even among middle class folk. Divorces in India have increased in our gen anyways. So many of my juniors - seniors, classmates are already divorced in 2-3 years of marriage. They are just in mid 20s now. 

And just because someone remains married for life - doesn't mean they are happy either. 

EXACTLY. In fact, divorced men are better than men who live in bad marriages and suck it up. It's good for divorced men and women if they could avoid social stigma and get divorced. Great for them. 

I can't believe that in the 21st century people can judge others for being divorced! 

SpillTheTee thumbnail

I am hoping that they actually sold their wedding footage to some ott giant 😆 I want to watch every event

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: SpillTheTee

I am hoping that they actually sold their wedding footage to some ott giant 😆 I want to watch every event

She just put mehendi pics, so don’t think we are getting anything 

https://www.instagram.com/katrinakaif/p/CXX_5HUvuJD/?utm_medium=copy_link

Mahisa_22 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Joannna

Well said !👏🏼

What terminology is “fresh” ? Just coz one person is divorced doesn’t make them second hand  ! What ages are we living in ?.
Katrina herself has been in live in relationships which are similar to marriage except it’s not on paper ! Does that make her second hand ????🙄

Sometimes relationships and marriages don’t work out and people split but that doesn’t mean that they didn’t love each other at some point!

Exactly. Word. 

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Love how Punjabified Katrina is now.. the captions, the thank you card. It's cute ☺

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

I am not mocking divorced women here. Anyway fans of divorced, over age stars with 2 kids are bound to feel riled up.

It is good today's actresses have broken stereotype that actresses marry only married men or are homewreckers. 

Just because Hema or Sridevi types did it, it does nor mean all actresses are same.

I am glad Katrina does not have to deal with a disloyal or abusive spouse like Karisma Kapur had to. Nor worry about being accepted by Vicky's kids from a former marriage. Vicky is as excited for wedding as Kat and is not going through the motions. Katrina has no extra baggage to deal with. Good for her. 

O bhai tu Hrithik pe indirectly taane maarna band kar 

Sabko pata hai agar Hrithik itta bhi interest dikhata toh Katrina aankh bandh karke shadi kar leti 

Katrina kya, Vicky bhi shadi kar leta  , bahut bada fan hai uska 😆

Aur rahi baar divorced logon ki, toh second hand vala comment pe pehle bhi yahich discussion hua tha 

divorced women ya men, dono ko second hand kehna galat baat hai , insaan hai khilona nahi 

Edited by PardesiBabu - 2 years ago
PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Joannna

Well said !👏🏼

What terminology is “fresh” ? Just coz one person is divorced doesn’t make them second hand  ! What ages are we living in ?.
Katrina herself has been in live in relationships which are similar to marriage except it’s not on paper ! Does that make her second hand ????🙄

Sometimes relationships and marriages don’t work out and people split but that doesn’t mean that they didn’t love each other at some point!

Har jagah voh yahi second hand vala comment karta rehta hai 

lagta hai isko jalan ya darr tha ki kahin Hrithik se na shadi karle Katrina, koi nai HriKat ki jodi se bahut log jalte hai😆