For those living in India, buzz for Bunty Aur Babli 2 in your area?

srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Film releases this Friday...Discuss the buzz!😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Very low buzz in Dhaka. We are waiting for Ponniyin Selvan eagerly. 

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Yahaan kyun poochh rahe ho. Yahaan toh sabko suryavanshi bhi flop dikh rahi thi.

But then again, this one has Saif the box office panauti and some rando with one movie as lead, toh kya pata.

sharmajikaladka thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I-F barometer seems to actually gauge the Indian theater going audience. 

Most I-Fans want sensible, yet entertaining movies or at least entertaining movie. But theater going audience don't care of sensibility, regarding entertainment it depends upon person to person. There are audience who enjoyed SALMAN KHAN farting in "Hello Brother".

So no one knows who it will perform in BO, plus YRF has always been notorious to inflate collections to prove they have made good movie, no matter how shitty it was or performed in BO.

Regarding my opinion I don't see much prospects in the movie as Both Saif and Rani are no more stars who can pull audiences to theater. 

As there has been long gap between BAB 1 & this movie so there isn't any recall value to pull the audience. 

Even BAB1 was nothing special, expect Kajare with Aish & BIG B. 

So not much interest 

Still will watch it to bring the review after FDFS exclusively on I-F !

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Making a sequel of Bunty Aur Babli was same as making a sequel of Ghayal. 

The original film did well at the box office when Rani was one of the top actresses. But now too much time has passed to make a sequel and Rani is a has been and so is Saif. Neither the original film is a classic or even memorable. I don't see it playing on television.

The sequel could work on it's own merits but opening would not be more than 5 Crores. 

As for buzz, how can one even tell that?

Edited by AwaamKiJaan - 2 years ago
srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

@mishh007 haha yes, many here did think Sooryavanshi was gonna flop. But, when everyone was telling me that the film has zero buzz, I figured that the film wont cross the 200 crore mark, and that's how things seem to be as the lifetime looks like it will finish around the 180-190 mark!

@sharmajikaladka do post your review of the film :)

@awaamkijaan indeed, I barely see the original ever plan on television either! As for telling buzz, it's about if people around you are talking about the film, if they are interested in watching the film, Etc.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Going to watch it today - the morning show. Will definitely post the review here!

There's quite a good buzz here in Delhi-NCR.

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: srkat

@mishh007 haha yes, many here did think Sooryavanshi was gonna flop. But, when everyone was telling me that the film has zero buzz, I figured that the film wont cross the 200 crore mark, and that's how things seem to be as the lifetime looks like it will finish around the 180-190 mark!

@sharmajikaladka do post your review of the film :)

@awaamkijaan indeed, I barely see the original ever plan on television either! As for telling buzz, it's about if people around you are talking about the film, if they are interested in watching the film, Etc.

sooryavanshi worked coz of hype created by canadian uncle party supporters and not content