Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

6-Feet-Apart thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

The original will always be the best because of the Bachchan family gem Kajra Re, Kajra Re!

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Disaster. The biggest USP of the original was Kajra Re and it's missing. The second biggest USP was Amitabh and Abhishek together and Rani-Abhishek jodi. That too is being sorely missed. Saif Rani look unconvincing and the chemistry is so bad.

Kajrare was an amazing song and Ash deserves full credit for it, but I find it a bit ridiculous when people claim that was the USP of BnB or that song alone made the movie a hit.

If Ash's item number could make a film hit, how come Ishq Kamina did not make Shakti a hit? That song was phenomenally popular and Ash looked ravishing there too. BnB became hit due to a number of reasons: from the songs to the masala-dar storyline to the YRF banner to the stellar starcast. Ash's Kajrare was a reason, as was Rani (who was coming off massive hits like HT, VZ, Black, etc). But I find it a bit strange when people just give the sole credit to Kajrare. If people wanted to just watch the song, they could have videotaped it and watched it in their home.

P.S. This isn't just directed at you. Quoted you because your post led to this thought, but I am speaking generally. I mean I get a lot of "Kajrare is the only reason why BnB became hit" and it doesn't make sense to me.

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

Kajrare was an amazing song and Ash deserves full credit for it, but I find it a bit ridiculous when people claim that was the USP of BnB or that song alone made the movie a hit.

If Ash's item number could make a film hit, how come Ishq Kamina did not make Shakti a hit? That song was phenomenally popular and Ash looked ravishing there too. BnB became hit due to a number of reasons: from the songs to the masala-dar storyline to the YRF banner to the stellar starcast. Ash's Kajrare was a reason, as was Rani (who was coming off massive hits like HT, VZ, Black, etc). But I find it a bit strange when people just give the sole credit to Kajrare. If people wanted to just watch the song, they could have videotaped it and watched it in their home.

P.S. This isn't just directed at you. Quoted you because your post led to this thought, but I am speaking generally. I mean I get a lot of "Kajrare is the only reason why BnB became hit" and it doesn't make sense to me.

If item songs could make movies hits, Baar Baar Dekho would have become the biggest hit of its year. Kaala chashma anyone? 

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

If item songs could make movies hits, Baar Baar Dekho would have become the biggest hit of its year. Kaala chashma anyone? 

LOL, don't know them but yeah that's my point. Kajrare def. was a reason for the success of BnB, but really, a film doesn't become hit/flop for one reason. Frankly I never even watched the original BnB properly as it wasn't my thing. But I can see why it was a hit as it got everything Bollywood audiences like: masaladar plot, comedic moments, good songs, Rani, Amitabh, Ash's song, etc.

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I like that this doesn't seem to be a sequel made for the heck of it ..there seems to be a decent premise in it.

Love Rani in this trailer and liking Sidhanth and Sharvari too..

But Saif is definitely looking super out of place in the middle class family waley portions..he looks totally fab in the conning wale shots though...Rani and Saif have chemistry..just not in this movie..

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Galouti

This one seems funnier than the original. Well the original seemed tryhard funny to me.

Agree. Abhishek snd aish's kajra re ruined it for me. I didn't watch it 2nd time.

Rani and Saif are perfect❤

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Hoping this becomes a sure shot hit. 

Edited by etherealbeauty - 2 years ago

awww this thread aged like milk

🤣🤣