Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Some people say he looked after her, others say he was horrible to her.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I am surprised too that Attaullah Khan allowed her to marry KK even though he converted...

But he physically abused her? Never heard of this before

I've read her sister's interviews, even she didn't mention any of this, I think she mentioned his neglect

If anything I heard Madhubala was working hard even after discovering the hole in the heart so that she can earn for her family... What family lets a person do that?

bakhtaavar thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Madhubala had a real hard and tragic last years , from the fatal illness , the failed love story with Dilip kumar to whatever happened with Kishore.

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

He took her to London or like that to get her cured. But her health continued to deteriorate. She was reduced to skeleton in last stages of her life. There was no cure that time for her illness. Losing hope he moved on with his life and he didn't spend that much time with her during her last years as busy with his work. Kishore was like how come someone who was so so active had suddenly become bed ridden..

Also I have heard that Madhubala  made fun of actress Nigar Sultana  of Mugal e Azam  and was laughing at her many times. When she laughed at her for the 17th time, Nigar could not tolerate it anymore and  she retaliated.

BarunPrabhasFan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

What exactly was her illness?

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BarunPrabhasFan

What exactly was her illness?

Congenital heart defect - ventricular septal (a hole in the heart between chambers)

I'm surprised surgery wasn't available to her since the first surgery for this was performed on a 1 yr old in 1954 - 15 years before she died - though it became more common later.

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Kishore Kumar sounded totally off the rails in his interviews. Wont be surprised if he troubled Madhubala. 

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BettyA1

I am surprised too that Attaullah Khan allowed her to marry KK even though he converted...

But he physically abused her? Never heard of this before

I've read her sister's interviews, even she didn't mention any of this, I think she mentioned his neglect

If anything I heard Madhubala was working hard even after discovering the hole in the heart so that she can earn for her family... What family lets a person do that?

He didn't convert. It was only a rumour. He lived as a Hindu and was cremated the Hindu way. None of his other wives or children followed Islam. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

He didn't convert. It was only a rumour. He lived as a Hindu and was cremated the Hindu way. None of his other wives or children followed Islam. 

Bold - That might be true

He might not have followed any Islamic customs... But I heard he did convert in order to marry Madhubala, changed his name to Kareem Abdul or something... I don't think she would've married him otherwise

P.S. Is there any age limit for circumcision