Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

In your explanation of the ritual, I don’t see anything about the actual girl. Father is thanking the groom/Vishnu for getting an opportunity to bring up his ‘Lakshmi’ and handing her back to him. And for this the parents will get Moksha. WHERE the heck is the girl in all this?What is the girl getting I don’t know. But she is losing her home, her lastname, her gotra, her entire identity in fact and on the top of it she will have to go to a new home and learn their ways and face the obstacles there and so much more. 

New popcorn thread!!!

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

i dont see any beauty in karwachauth if its only wife fasting for her husband s long life while huband does not and i dont understand kanyadaan so will refrain from speaking on it 

having said that i agree hindu religion is very liberal in lot of ways ( and regressive in other ways) it was even more liberal in ancient times we went from celebrating and worshiping  every human emotion including kama to not talking about it in name of 'sanskar'  the main reason for this being the mughal and british invasions 

even calling your husband 'my lord" and not taking their name does not comes under "hindu sanskar" if one reads ancient text both draupadi and sita called their spouse by given name 

also with all due respect i would like to see the reaction if any other religions revered figures called names that krishna gets called on daily basis or songs like "kalanki so and so" in the name of "creative liberty" and "freedom of speech" made about them kalanki means disgraceful bawal ho jayega 

Lol go to the YT videos of BR Chopra MB and see the names Draupadi gets called on a false allegation that she called Duryodhan andhe ka putr- from this is the reason MB war happened to she deserved what came to her to the other unmentionables. 

Krishna too gets a lot of brickbats for guiding Arjuna to kill their beloved Karna. 🤔

People have no perception of their history, roots and values. All they know is what’s fed to them through TV serials and other cheap sources.

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheMinion

New popcorn thread!!!

We care for the popcorn lovers.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TMKOC_MY

Bhai tum to bol rhe the ki log paypal kar rhe 😆

Sab khatam hogaya bro😆

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

We care for the popcorn lovers.

Another religious debate. Jesus approves 😆

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Thriller Tribe

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

Lol go to the YT videos of BR Chopra MB and see the names Draupadi gets called on a false allegation that she called Duryodhan andhe ka putr- from this is the reason MB war happened to she deserved what came to her to the other unmentionables. 

Krishna too gets a lot of brickbats for guiding Arjuna to kill their beloved Karna. 🤔

People have no perception of their history, roots and values. All they know is what’s fed to them through TV serials and other cheap sources.

i am not understanding your point ? 

i think you and me are saying the same thing  people do alot of things to draupadi and krishna in name of creative liberty and freedom of speech  

draupadi never said andhe ka putra andh or even sutputra  karna was a molester if one reads actual text they would know tv shows present him poor orphan abhla mard 

Edited by Krishnapanchali - 2 years ago
TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

I wish Alia works in an ad for Burqa. Why women are forced or brainwashed for it?

Or that horrific halala. I haven't seen anyone saying anything about it while it's as horrendous as or even more than sati and is practiced even in 21st century.r

Everyone loves reforms as practices are somewhat patriarchal but why only preach Hindus. 

I see fellow popcorn lover is already here...

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

i am not understanding your point ? 

i think you and me are saying the same thing  people do alot of things to draupadi and krishna in name of creative liberty and freedom of speech  

draupadi never said andhe ka putra andh or even sutputra  karna was a molester if one reads actual text they would know tv shows present him poor orphan abhla mard 

I know. I am just reiterating your point. :)