beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

The Two Wives Of Anupam Kher | One With College Memories & Another For Lifetime CompanyBefore becoming one of the most successful Bollywood actors, and probably the most popular comedian in the country at the moment, Anupam Kher had struggled to find a role in the Hindi film industry during 1980s. He got married to Kirron Kher when he gained initial recognition for the movie Saaransh, but a few people knew that the woman who accompanied Aupam Kher before that moment was not Kirron only. She is Anupam Kher first wife, Madhumalti Kapoor.

Hindi Tv Actress Madhumalti Kapoor Biography, News, Photos, Videos | NETTV4Uमधुमालती कपूर (Madhumalti Kapoor): उम्र, मूवी, फोटो, जीवनी, तस्वीरें,  फिल्म, वीडियो,परिवार, करियर और न्यूज़ | Madhumalti Kapoor Movies, Biography  and Latest News in Hindi - Filmibeat Hindi

Anupam Kher’s first wife was Madhumalti Kapoor who was an actress in Hindi and Punjabi cinema and TV serials. Though Anupam Kher met his first wife at college, reports claimed that Anupam Kher first marriage with actress Madhumalti Kapoor in 1979 was an arranged marriage.

Anupam Kher And Colleagues In 1983

Anupam Kher first wife Madhumalti Kapoor was born on 12 January, 1955 in Mumbai. She is 66 years old in 2021, of the same age as her ex-husband. She studied acting at the National School of Drama where she met Anupam Kher as her classmate.

When Anupam Kher married his first wife Madhumalti, he just graduated from acting school for over a year. Several years after that witnessed his struggle in theatres to get a major role for recognition. While working in a theatre in Chandigarh, Anupam Kher met Kirron Singh, who later became his second wife.

• Kirron Singh was born in 1952, three years older than Anupam Kher. She got married to a Mumbai businessman Gautam Berry in 1980, just a few weeks after meeting each other. She gave birth to their son Sikandar in 1982.

Anupam Kher’s second wife Kirron Khan shared that when she worked in the theatre in Chandigarh, she was a close friend of Anupam Kher. They knew everything about the other but there was no attraction beyond a pure friendship. At that time, Anupam Kher was already married to Madhumalti.

• However, things changed after Kirron got married. They both knew something were wrong in their marriages and they were not happy in those relationships at all. They were still doing plays together, then one day, they realized they had fallen in love with the other, maybe a long time ago.

• When they realized the feelings towards each other, it’s Anupam Kher who broke silence and proposed to Kirron first. Kirron said that:

"He came and knocked on my door, and said "I want to talk to you." He then said "I think I have fallen in love with you." And suddenly there was this immense, intense change, the chemistry exploded. I got a divorce and married him. He had nothing then.”

Having said that, the couple didn’t get married until Anupam Kher got a break in his film career. The movie Saaransh in 1984 directed by Mahesh Bhatt had brought Anupam Kher to nationwide recognition. It’s also his debut movie, which facilitated his successful screen career later.

• In 1985, Kirron Singh divorced Gautam Berry to marry Anupam Kher in a private ceremony. Her son Sikandar also moved to live with her and Anupam Kher.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Madhumati sounds like an old black and white Hindi horror film 

CuttingChai thumbnail

Wow this lady is his first wife?? Seen her in many movies/shows but don't remember even one role.😳

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MooPoint

Wow this lady is his first wife?? Seen her in many movies/shows but don't remember even one role.😳

was a shocker, never knew she was his 1st wifey🤓

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Oh wow never knew this ! Seen this actress many times.

Justice4Samosa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Madhumati sounds like an old black and white Hindi horror film 

It actually is, starring Dilip Kumar and Vyajantimala 😆

Softness thumbnail

Oh I saw this girl in Sonu ki tweety movie.

I didn't know she was Anu's first wife. 

I didn't know Anu and Kirron both indulged in an extra marital affair and got married.

I didn't know Sikandrabad was not Anu's child.

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MommaDarling

It actually is, starring Dilip Kumar and Vyajantimala 😆

That's MADHUMATI. She is MadhuMALTI. 

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

I knew kiran kher was married before n sikandar was her son from first marriage. 

But didn't know even anupam had a first wife 😲

Edited by PardesiBabu - 2 years ago
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Theirs was an extra marital affair. I knew Kirron was married and Sikander was the son of her first husband but never knew Anupam was married too and they broke up with their spouses to marry each other 😕