Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loginidran thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Didn’t know SRK was considered for Jodha’s role in Jodha Akbar. That was quite a revelation. 😲 

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

I dont think that's the case, they seem pretty cordial with each other

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Didn’t know SRK was considered for Jodha’s role in Jodha Akbar. That was quite a revelation. 😲 

Same 🤣

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Everytime I watch Veer Zaara I imagine Aishwarya in Preity's place. SRK did maximum damage to Ash's career in 2003 to 2005 period. She was replaced by Rani in all films and Preity in one film. 

SRK was first choice for Robot when Shankar decided to make the film in Hindi but when SRK heard Shankar wanted to cast Aishwarya as female lead he tried to change the casting by influencing Shankar to cast Kareena in it but Shankar refused it. Shankar had deep bonding with Aishwarya since his Jeans movie. He tried many times to cast her in another film but never happened. Later Shankar decided to cast Hrithik but he rejected the film. Later  Shankar casted Rajinikanth and made it in Tamil. The story of Robot was the ideated years ago in 90's with Kamal Hassan and Preity Zinta in mind but it was shelved that time. Later Shankar decided to make it in Hindi with SRK and Aishwarya but due to SRK's stubbornness not to work with Aishwarya Shankar changed his mind and casted Rajinikanth in it. 

Jodhaa Akbar:  Ashutosh Gowariker discussed the idea with SRK during Swades filming but again SRK not interested to work with Ash again. So he called for change in casting and some changes in script but Ashutosh stopped discussing about the film with him. Hrithik was second choice for it who was infact first choice for Swades as an NRI NASA scientist. Ashutosh went to Hrithik with Akbar's story. He signed him. Later he texted Aishwarya a message , 'will you be my Jodha?' Aishwarya instantly replied Yes. This is how SRK lost the film. 

Raavan again SRK was first choice but Mani will not change Aishwarya. So SRK was replaced by Abhishek but the film was a flop in Hindi. The role Raavan was played brilliantly by Vikram in Tamil. He won Filmfare Best actor for the film. It was not a loss for SRK because Hindi film tanked at box office.

Edited by Mugda - 2 years ago