Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

When I said let down I was talking about a normal Pakistani citizen. Otherwise they are very vocal and none of them are coming ahead to even accept that what their govt has enabled and is supporting, Taliban, is an entity who is responsible for gross human rights violations. When it’s Kashmir issue or when France puts a ban of Burkha, then they come out on streets to protest, now when 4 years old girls are being sold in Afghanistan, these same vocal citizens want world to give taliban a chance. I thought an average person isn’t like that. Guess I got a reality check. It’s sick sick sick. Afghanistan crisis taught me to never take these wokes seriously. 

1000% correct

some pakistani were saying its win win situation for pakistan..disgusting👎🏼

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Right. Afghanistan was mostly populated by peaceful tribes peacefully engaged in killing each other and peacefully stoning women who dared show their faces before the U.S. came into the picture. Also, peacefully destroying history so the existence of other cultures and religions would be erased from people's memories. 

The U.S. has its faults (the policy of interfering in other countries' politics which went on through the 70s and 80s), but the rest of the world ain't the innocent victim it likes to play. Not even close. In fact, it's usually historically ignorant Westerners (and I include those of all races) who like to imagine the planet living in some prehistoric pastoral scene before the Americans came in.

AND when things go wrong, the call immediately goes out for the U.S. to spend its blood and money to run to the rescue. Why is the world ignoring the carnage in Syria?! What happened to the little girls kidnapped by the Boko Haram?! Why is the world (read: the U.S.) silent?!

And yeah, 10-20 years down the line... we will come full circle. Blame the U.S. for problems as though they never existed before the Americans came in.

____

The world existed for millennia before Columbus sailed the ocean blue, before the U.S. declaration of independence. The U.S. was mostly minding its own business until the world wars. Even in those, American had to be dragged in kicked and screaming. U.S. dominance started after 1945. But there was the Soviet Union around until 1989. The last 32 years is all the U.S. had as the sole superpower. Some of these countries/tribes/ethnicities have been fighting over something or the other since Stone Age. But apparently, the U.S. is mostly to blame for all this.

Actually, the Taliban who did all thos emerged from the US-funded mujaheedin who were aided and abetted by the CIA to fight the USSR. 

Before the Taliban, it was Dr. Mohammed Najibullah's progressive and secular (mostly, before the 90's) government who ran the country like any other normal republic out there in the world. 

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I havent watched it in months

But I remember liking Korbin more - he is more laid back and not as technical. You ?

I can't really decide. At times I like Rick more for his genuine love of some stars and movies. At other times, I love Korbin because of his 'heart on sleeves' approach. 

They both genuinely like Bollywood and other regional cinema, I feel. 

Edited by Mahisa_22 - 2 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Rangeelaa

For real, Trump also stated he wanted American troops out of Afghanistan, so did Obama.

If you want to spit on anyone it should be Bush, he sent us there for no reason and had us weaken their beautiful country. Kill their people for no reason. We stayed there for their oil and other resources.

The poignant image of n Afghan girl with light green eyes staring from 1984 Time magazine cover is unforgettable..

The country was and is beautiful..but not peaceful.

Why US stayed for long can be questioned but why they came is known

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

I don’t know how appropriate it is to only blame White women. I don’t find other women of color any better.

Has any Vocal Indian feminists have said anything? No right. These people only care about themselves or they speak when they are getting paid. 

They speak when they know there is freedom of speech..where they can spew anything whether it makes sense or not.. and get away with it.

In that scenario they will make a hue n cry and scream about regressive society, patriarchy and fascism...

But in n actual setup where such situations exist..they will go silent. Wokes go back to sleep in their comfy, free space