For Afghans: This Bollywood song is a MUST-WATCH!

Posted: 2 years ago

This song, from the old classic 'Kabuliwala', is pictured on the eponymous character, an Afghan, remembering his homeland, which he had been forced to stay away from. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCHI-XAhm14&t=82s

This song is so hauntingly poignant. It's quite spine-chilling too, when you relate it to today's situations, for the thousands of people who are being forced to flee to escape the clutches of the Taliban. ðŸ˜­

Edited by Mahisa_22 - 2 years ago

Originally posted by Mahisa_22

This song, from the old classic 'Kabuliwala', is pictured on the eponymous character, an Afghan, remembering his homeland, which he had been forced to stay away from. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCHI-XAhm14&t=82s

Saw it last week on Our Stupid Reactions. Notable because they were properly respectful for once. Usually they say such stupid things about our beloved Classic songs.

Originally posted by capricornrcks

Saw it last week on Our Stupid Reactions. Notable because they were properly respectful for once. Usually they say such stupid things about our beloved Classic songs.

I don't think they say stupid things. It's normal for them to be a bit lost on the contexts and stuff. What I like about them is that they're genuine and don't fake it. 

I had no idea you are an Afghan 

Originally posted by Mahisa_22

I don't think they say stupid things. It's normal for them to be a bit lost on the contexts and stuff. What I like about them is that they're genuine and don't fake it. 

Their reviews are genuine and they put much thought on it. But it is clear from the reactions to songs that they simply say the first thing which comes to their mind -some of it is pretty stupid and disrespectful. They are mostly clueless don't have much of an idea who is 'respectful' (other than 'Big B, LataG and Sridevi' ) and who is open to poking fun. Saw someone post there that "As far as OSR is concerned Big B and Sridevi are the Adam and Eve of Hindi cinema". Sums it up nicely.

Their reviews are genuine and they put much thought on it. But it is clear from the reactions to songs that they simply say the first thing which comes to their mind -some of it is pretty stupid and disrespectful. They are mostly clueless don't have much of an idea who is 'respectful' (other than 'Big B, LataG and Sridevi' ) and who is open to poking fun. Saw someone post there that "As far as OSR is concerned Big B and Sridevi are the Adam and Eve of Hindi cinema". Sums it up nicely.

But what's the need to be overly 'respectful' to actors? Actors should be as respected or mocked as the reactions they get out of their audience. Rick and Korbin have no emotional attachments to Bollywood celebrities as we do. If we are asked to review classical Hollywood movies, we might also find a lot of things funny and/or stupid. And let's face it, a LOT of things in ALL film industries are ridiculous, and we should be allowed to say it aloud. 

I disagree with them a lot of times, but I don't mind it as long as they're not being intentionally condescending or fake. 

Edited by Mahisa_22 - 2 years ago

Wow so beautiful. The rhythm is similar to "Tu na ja mere badshaah", especially the first few lines' tune. 

I have not seen them being disrespectful ever

Clueless yes, but never disrespectful. And they genuinely seem to be interested in movies from different places including India. 

And why can someone not poke fun at a respected person or celebrity? Makes no sense to me