Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I will watch those and get back to you :) :) 

I can totally see them cracking up on these two songs because of certain elements. Will try to see how offensive they were. Thanks for the tip off

I'd acquit them of being deliberately malicious. But definitely guilty of carelessness and  inappropriate humor and a certain defensiveness and arrogance on being called out. Just watched Bahon mein chale aao. Poor Sanjeev Kumar or rather his character gets the dubious distinction of being called a prude.😕 I've heard him called overweight,  rolypoly and old. But this is definitely a new one.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

Who do you like more? Rick or Korbin? 

I havent watched it in months

But I remember liking Korbin more - he is more laid back and not as technical. You ?

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

I'd acquit them of being deliberately malicious. But definitely guilty of carelessness and  inappropriate humor and a certain defensiveness and arrogance on being called out. Just watched Bahon mein chale aao. Poor Sanjeev Kumar or rather his character gets the dubious distinction of being called a prude.😕 I've heard him called overweight,  rolypoly and old. But this is definitely a new one.

Who called them out ? Curious - in comments, you mean ??

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Who called them out ? Curious - in comments, you mean ??

The comments did not take it kindly from what I see. This is what I miss by not checking them out daily.😆

Edited by capricornrcks - 2 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

I don't blame them for supporting Biden, Trump was not something that could be tolerated for long. But yes, they're narcissists. The stereotypical 'white feminists' who believe the whole world to be revolving around themselves. 

I don’t know how appropriate it is to only blame White women. I don’t find other women of color any better.

Has any Vocal Indian feminists have said anything? No right. These people only care about themselves or they speak when they are getting paid. 

Edited by NimbuMirchi - 2 years ago
blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: The_Best

I was in Turkey the last few weeks helping my family to get somewhere safe because the refugees situation is not great there. Just landed some hours ago. Being there I felt so sad and angry at westerners for having privileges and rights but still talking like victims and many comparing their situations to Afghan women and one even saying they have it worse than Afghan women. They never talked for Afghan women all this time. But as soon as the abortion law was signed in Texas and that’s when their narcissistic selves made it all about themselves by talking down on struggles women face in Afghanistan saying they have it same or worse. They will bring real oppression and talk about what women face there only if they have to talk about themselves. They are narcissists. It’s all about them. All this time they were supporting Biden and really could care less. 

Supporting Biden over Trump....we had to choose the lesser evil...🤔

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Very poignant.

I am sad that world has not stepped to help Afghans. We see women covered from head to toe and yet no vocal feminists or anybody in general, has cared enough to do anything, say anything. Instead we hear discussion about giving Taliban a chance. Are you freaking kidding me? Pakistan overall has been a huge huge huge letdown. It’s a shame actually. 

What let down, they pretty much are the jury, judge and executioner of the whole thing with US looking the other way just because their behind is stuck in their hands. What happened to Afghanistan shows how the world is so screwed up and how US has the biggest hand in bringing the world to this point. :(

Rangeelaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Supporting Biden over Trump....we had to choose the lesser evil...🤔

For real, Trump also stated he wanted American troops out of Afghanistan, so did Obama.

If you want to spit on anyone it should be Bush, he sent us there for no reason and had us weaken their beautiful country. Kill their people for no reason. We stayed there for their oil and other resources.

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

What let down, they pretty much are the jury, judge and executioner of the whole thing with US looking the other way just because their behind is stuck in their hands. What happened to Afghanistan shows how the world is so screwed up and how US has the biggest hand in bringing the world to this point. :(

When I said let down I was talking about a normal Pakistani citizen. Otherwise they are very vocal and none of them are coming ahead to even accept that what their govt has enabled and is supporting, Taliban, is an entity who is responsible for gross human rights violations. When it’s Kashmir issue or when France puts a ban of Burkha, then they come out on streets to protest, now when 4 years old girls are being sold in Afghanistan, these same vocal citizens want world to give taliban a chance. I thought an average person isn’t like that. Guess I got a reality check. It’s sick sick sick. Afghanistan crisis taught me to never take these wokes seriously. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

Right. Afghanistan was mostly populated by peaceful tribes peacefully engaged in killing each other and peacefully stoning women who dared show their faces before the U.S. came into the picture. Also, peacefully destroying history so the existence of other cultures and religions would be erased from people's memories. 

The U.S. has its faults (the policy of interfering in other countries' politics which went on through the 70s and 80s), but the rest of the world ain't the innocent victim it likes to play. Not even close. In fact, it's usually historically ignorant Westerners (and I include those of all races) who like to imagine the planet living in some prehistoric pastoral scene before the Americans came in.

AND when things go wrong, the call immediately goes out for the U.S. to spend its blood and money to run to the rescue. Why is the world ignoring the carnage in Syria?! What happened to the little girls kidnapped by the Boko Haram?! Why is the world (read: the U.S.) silent?!

And yeah, 10-20 years down the line... we will come full circle. Blame the U.S. for problems as though they never existed before the Americans came in.

____

The world existed for millennia before Columbus sailed the ocean blue, before the U.S. declaration of independence. The U.S. was mostly minding its own business until the world wars. Even in those, American had to be dragged in kicked and screaming. U.S. dominance started after 1945. But there was the Soviet Union around until 1989. The last 32 years is all the U.S. had as the sole superpower. Some of these countries/tribes/ethnicities have been fighting over something or the other since Stone Age. But apparently, the U.S. is mostly to blame for all this.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago