Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Dear Shahzaib,

Hi there. I know you don’t know me. I also know that you exist in the fictional dimension called Television. But I had to do this. 

You see, ever since the first time I watched you in motion, there was an essence of comfort that I felt. Whether it was the hair, or the words, or your “oh-so-cool” fashion with the tees, blazers and pastels, I just felt like I had known you forever. You felt real to me, as real as the next person.

Even though some of your actions were morally wrong and politically incorrect, you still made me root for you. All I could feel was the immense love you had for your Isra, that even the mere thought of parting from her would be killing you. I could feel your frustration when no one was ready to listen or talk to you, even though you were asking for only one thing: marrying the woman of your dreams. And most importantly, I could feel your agony when the world went against you, conspiring against you and your better half, dreading what would happen when you would find out the truth.

As I bid goodbye to you tonight, I will just put this out there— I’ll miss you.

The way your eyes would emote the happiest of emotions that made me beam with joy, or the saddest depths of pain that made my heart ache. The way your silence spoke volumes of suffering while the world was screaming around you. The way nothing in the world mattered to you except the love of your life. All I have wanted to do was get into the television set and given you a bear hug, just as you deserve.

Shahzaib Sadat, I have lived and breathed you these last couple of months. Writing about you has been the best thing I have done this year. Thank you for being so iconic that I could feel you through my words. And let me tell you, it is supremely overwhelming! Can you blame me though? Who asked you to be so damn fine?

I know you’re going to live in a part of me and I’ll be having withdrawals these few weeks but I have some of my best friends here who will help me get through it! 

And I am well aware, even though the Finale is approaching soon now, that you are going to make me cry. Let me just say…I am not prepared for that!

And now…coming to the man behind the character, who brought this character to life…Danish Taimoor. I won’t be wrong when I say that your work, both on and off screen have helped me through some very tough times. Whether it was jolts of anxiety given the uncertainty of my career in the pandemic or just waking up at nights worrying about my future, all I had to do was open a video of yours and everything would suddenly be back to normal. I am a strong believer in spiritual connections, which I seldom feel so strongly. Thank you for all that you’ve done for me, without even knowing it! May God bless you and shower you with all the love, success and happiness. I know I do.

Signing off, I would really love to use my real name…but maybe some other day!

Goodbye Shahzaib, I know you’ll invade my dreams for the next couple of weeks so I’ll keep some fries and coffee ready, preferably McDonald’s style.

XOXO

Ashley.Tisdale

IM in love w this love letter