When did your obsession started?

shadesofme thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

It is 10 years since I started watching kdramas...I stared in 2011 with playful kiss but dint watch any drama till 2013 because I was obsessed with iss pyaar ko kya naam Doon at that time and after that show ended I'm pretty much done with indian shows and that is when I restarted kdramas with secret garden and there is no turning back. It opened a whole new world for me..I moved from kdramas to kpop and kvarity shows..completely stopped indian shows except here and there but I will can never go back to pre kdrama Era Now I'm even obsessed with Chinese costume dramas. I even lost intrest in bollywood movies and stars now 

When did you guys started watching kdrama and how? Do you still watch indian shows with kdramas or completely shifted?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Mine began in 2013 with Autumn's Concerto which was rec'ed to me by a classmate of mine. I then watched mainly Korean dramas while exploring other industries (mainly Thai and Chine ones).

EDIT : I turned to East Asian dramas because I didn't find what made me fall in love with Bollywood In the beginning. I did turn to Other industries such as Tollywood and Mollywood but I quickly saw the romcoms and romances and had a hard time finding something new. Kollywood was hard to find with EngSub :(

Edited by Maraka_Musso89 - 2 years ago
shadesofme thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

OMG autumn's concerto is still my fav..one of my top dramas..I keep watching it even after years even though it's depressing at times 

About bollywood completely agree...I used to feel the magic but now nothing.....they used to be actually entertaining even without make out scenes but these days bollywood is all about stark kids and remakes 

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shadesofme

OMG autumn's concerto is still my fav..one of my top dramas..I keep watching it even after years even though it's depressing at times 

About bollywood completely agree...I used to feel the magic but now nothing.....they used to be actually entertaining even without make out scenes but these days bollywood is all about stark kids and remakes 

This! Their is no magic anymore. It's like the filmmakers became lazy or that they try to emulate Hollywood too much

I personnally don't think that the problem in Bollywood is nepotism per se though. Indeed, when the audience dislikes an actor, their movies don't work.

They should try and finance movies from new age filmmakers who'll most likely have something new to bring to the table.

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

my first kdrama was back in 2014..I guess master's sun or healer..then I went back to ITV and was hooked with KY2 ..after it derailed I came back in full swing to kdramas starting with BOF and all LMH shows..then so on...

I got into chinese dramas with Meteor Garden 2018..love their fantasy shows more..have watched a bunch and these days china is producing more romantic shows only prob is they are too fluff but amidst that u find some good ones also..like "find yourself" , "love is sweet" type

kdramas is producing good non romance content ..but love stories arent that grt anymore..nothing new 

Currently am obsessed with old jdramas and watching all the old shows of Takuya kimura..the romance plot was so good in those days..I really want such shows back 

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail

Originally posted by: EXOL

my first kdrama was back in 2014..I guess master's sun or healer..then I went back to ITV and was hooked with KY2 ..after it derailed I came back in full swing to kdramas starting with BOF and all LMH shows..then so on...

I got into chinese dramas with Meteor Garden 2018..love their fantasy shows more..have watched a bunch and these days china is producing more romantic shows only prob is they are too fluff but amidst that u find some good ones also..like "find yourself" , "love is sweet" type

kdramas is producing good non romance content ..but love stories arent that grt anymore..nothing new 

Currently am obsessed with old jdramas and watching all the old shows of Takuya kimura..the romance plot was so good in those days..I really want such shows back 

I began watching chinese drama with Le Jun Kai because I was having a secret hungover. Then I watched chinese dramas here and there then I finally started watching them more regularly recently after seeing The Sword and The Brocade. 

I also love Thaï dramas. I first started with Fated to Love You, Leh Ratree, Ngao Asoke and Plerng Boon, Mai Sin Rai Fai Sawart but really got hooked again Spring the pandemic when I watched Game Saneaha.

I rarely watch Japanese dramas though I watched quite a few sometime ago. But I'm gonna check out Takura Kimura's show (already saw Pride and planning to watch Long Vacation)

EXOL thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

I began watching chinese drama with Le Jun Kai because I was having a secret hungover. Then I watched chinese dramas here and there then I finally started watching them more regularly recently after seeing The Sword and The Brocade. 

I also love Thaï dramas. I first started with Fated to Love You, Leh Ratree, Ngao Asoke and Plerng Boon, Mai Sin Rai Fai Sawart but really got hooked again Spring the pandemic when I watched Game Saneaha.

I rarely watch Japanese dramas though I watched quite a few sometime ago. But I'm gonna check out Takura Kimura's show (already saw Pride and planning to watch Long Vacation)

yes i also like thai shows too . pls recommend me so good romance ones . 

did you like PRIDE ? 

currently am watching long vacation 

you can check out “hundred million stars from the sky “ .. it’s the original of “the smile has left your eyes”

i also loved “love generation” and “beautiful life “ 

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail

yes i also like thai shows too . pls recommend me so good romance ones . 

did you like PRIDE ? 

currently am watching long vacation 

you can check out “hundred million stars from the sky “ .. it’s the original of “the smile has left your eyes”

i also loved “love generation” and “beautiful life “ 

I love Thai shows because of the slap and kiss mainly lol but not only. They have this way to be OTT like soap ans I love it.

My top 5 Thai shows are :

1. Game Saneaha  (the pairing has done 2 other dramas one period drama Nueng Dao Fah Diew and one about reincarnation Leh Bunpakarn)

2. So Wayree (the pairing will star in a romcom next)

3. Mai Sin Rai Fai Sawart (the episodes after the 7th are hard to find but so worth it. Some are on Dailymotion)

4. Wong Wien Hua Jai

5. Plerng Boon (but this one isn't about the romance as it invoves cheating)

Marn Ban Jai, Suparburoot Jorm Jon: Maturot  ans Panthakan Rak are dramas with Mookda and they are really good and hardly involve slap and kiss

Regarding Marn Ban Jai, don't be put off by the synopsis. The hero is really sweet and the girl really mature and nothing inappropriate will happen.

People have loved My Husband In Law but I personnally didn't really like it much as I was expecting much more from it.

Klein Chewit is also really popular. It's a slap and kiss too.

The actress Yaya and the actor Mark are really popular and have each done romantic dramas with their respective partners in RL Kim and Nadech. I haven't watch these dramas but they seen popular as people like Mark & Kim and Yaya & Nadech

You Are My Destiny is the Thai adaptation of the T-drama Fated to Love You. It was well-done imo. 

Kiss Me is also a Thai remake of a manga (Itazura Na Kiss). 

I liked Esther and Sean pairing in Leh Ratree and Ngao Asoke. They did another drama together but I've yet to watch it. 

I liked Pride when I saw it. The couple was mature and there weren't cliché elements like it can be the case for more recent J-dramas.

Thanks for the recs I'm adding them to my Watchlist

EXOL thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

I love Thai shows because of the slap and kiss mainly lol but not only. They have this way to be OTT like soap ans I love it.

My top 5 Thai shows are :

1. Game Saneaha  (the pairing has done 2 other dramas one period drama Nueng Dao Fah Diew and one about reincarnation Leh Bunpakarn)

2. So Wayree (the pairing will star in a romcom next)

3. Mai Sin Rai Fai Sawart (the episodes after the 7th are hard to find but so worth it. Some are on Dailymotion)

4. Wong Wien Hua Jai

5. Plerng Boon (but this one isn't about the romance as it invoves cheating)

Marn Ban Jai, Suparburoot Jorm Jon: Maturot  ans Panthakan Rak are dramas with Mookda and they are really good and hardly involve slap and kiss

Regarding Marn Ban Jai, don't be put off by the synopsis. The hero is really sweet and the girl really mature and nothing inappropriate will happen.

People have loved My Husband In Law but I personnally didn't really like it much as I was expecting much more from it.

Klein Chewit is also really popular. It's a slap and kiss too.

The actress Yaya and the actor Mark are really popular and have each done romantic dramas with their respective partners in RL Kim and Nadech. I haven't watch these dramas but they seen popular as people like Mark & Kim and Yaya & Nadech

You Are My Destiny is the Thai adaptation of the T-drama Fated to Love You. It was well-done imo. 

Kiss Me is also a Thai remake of a manga (Itazura Na Kiss). 

I liked Esther and Sean pairing in Leh Ratree and Ngao Asoke. They did another drama together but I've yet to watch it. 

I liked Pride when I saw it. The couple was mature and there weren't cliché elements like it can be the case for more recent J-dramas.

Thanks for the recs I'm adding them to my Watchlist

oh wow thanks for all the recommendations. i should write them down somewhere , so hard to remember these names lol . i have watched klein chewit so i am familiar with mark prin ..

and yes no cliche element in old j dramas .. tbey were so much better and bold imo 

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail

oh wow thanks for all the recommendations. i should write them down somewhere , so hard to remember these names lol . i have watched klein chewit so i am familiar with mark prin ..

and yes no cliche element in old j dramas .. tbey were so much better and bold imo 

You're welcome :) You should create an account on Mydramalist. You'll be able to keep up more easily with the dramas you're currently watching and those you'd like to watch. 

There are also lists ans recommandations of dramas and movies on it.

I'm with you regarding romantic Jdramas. The old ones were better written.

https://mydramalist.com/