Amrita-Pritam Drabble: Tempest of Emotions

Raingoddess thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Tum bhi tanha thhe

Hum bhi tanha thhe

Milke rone lage

His eyelids felt heavy. Sweat drenched his shirt. Repulsed, he took it off and tossed it onto the nearby chair. Taking a deep breath, he tried to focus on his surroundings. It felt as if the walls were closing in on him. He could hardly breathe. Running his hand over his face, he tried to gain some clarity. There was no way something as meaningless as a nightmare could throw him off course. But it did.

Ek jaise thhe dono ke gham dawa hone lage 

Tujhme muskurate hain 

Tujhme gungunaate hain 

Khud ko tere paas hi chhod aate hain 

Tere hi khayalon mein 

Doobe doobe jaate hain 

The voice drifted into the room and splashed him from head to toe. Like a gust of cool air on a humid summer night, soothing and healing. It so easily cleared the fog surrounding his mind and gently eased the pain that was slowly spreading to his entire body. He took a few deep breaths as he felt the storm calm itself but not before giving rise to an entirely different tempest of emotions. 

Thode bhare hain hum, thode se khaali hain 

Tum bhi ho uljhe se, hum bhi sawaali hain 

Kuch tum bhi kore ho, kuch hum bhi saade hain 

Ik aasmaan par hum do chaand aadhe hain 

He felt uncomfortable at the strange shift in his emotions. If he was feeling sick to his stomach earlier, he now felt a strange flutter inside. As he laid there, he realized the emotions and sensations he now felt were so foreign. They were certainly not meant for a man like him.

Annoyed at the situation, he tried to block the sound. Tried to ignore the persistent thudding in his chest. And the way his ears strained to hear more. 

He swallowed hard as he processed the fact that he instantly knew whom the voice belonged it.  

Kam hai zameen bhi thodi, kam aasmaan hai 

Lagta adhoora, tum bin har jahaan hai 

Apni har kami me hum ab tujhe hi paate hain 

Khud ko tere pass hi chhod aate hain 

Jitni bhi viraani hai tujhse hi sajaate hain 

Emotions and the pesky feelings that came with it were for the weak. And he was not weak. He would never be. 

This is why he wanted that goddamn window to be shut, latched and heavily curtained. But clearly, the voice was adamant in crossing his path, just like it’s owner. He got up and stomped to the curtains, ready to open them and tell the person to stop irritating him. 

Do raaz milte hain, humraaz bante hain 

Sannate aise hi aawaaz bante hain 

Khamoshi me teri, meri sadaayein hain 

Meri hatheli me, teri duaayen hain 

With a grunt of frustration, he opened the curtains and got ready to shout. But he stopped as soon as his eyes fell on her. There she stood with a protective hand over her belly and another wiping her tears. He was speechless. The picture before him left him transfixed and the emotions he felt earlier, attack him with even more force. He couldn’t move away even if he wanted to. In that moment, he almost felt time and his heart both stop. He was defeated. 

Ik saath tera ho toh sau manzile ho 

Tanhaai teri, meri mehfile ho 

Hum teri nigahon se khud me jhilmilate hain 

Tujhse apni raaton ko subah banate hain 

As if sensing his presence, she looked up. Their eyes met almost instantly and he gulped at the sorrow he saw on her face. She gave him a sad apologetic smile before looking away. A smile that did nothing to ease the yearning in his soul. In fact, it clawed at him with precision. As he turned away, he felt an unexpected wetness on his cheek. Touching it, he stood mortified realizing he had actual tears in his eyes. When was the last time that happened? 

Walking back to the bed, he laid down and tried to close his eyes. But each time he did, he saw her face. Groaning, he tossed his pillow to the side. He was better off with the nightmare.

The End 

My first piece on Amita and Pritam! I see so much potential for chemistry between these two! Not to mention the actors are fantastic! Do let me know your thoughts. 

Lots of love, 

Esha ❤️

Edited by Raingoddess - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Scribbled_tales thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Beautifully written❤️

Raingoddess thumbnail

Originally posted by: Scribbled_tales

Beautifully written❤️

Thank you 🤗❤️

SRKian thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
It’s raining Amrita-Pritam drabble today yay😍 Loved it 😍 Hoping yo reading more from you on them.❤️
Raingoddess thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKian

It’s raining Amrita-Pritam drabble today yay😍 Loved it 😍 Hoping yo reading more from you on them.❤️

I noticed the same and I can’t wait to read them all 😍 Thank you so so much ❤️

RaarA thumbnail

This one was very beautiful. 

Loved how you portrayed their emotions 

BTW are you a Klaus  fan?

Edited by RaarA - 2 years ago
Raingoddess thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaarA

This one was very beautiful. 

Loved how you portrayed their emotions 

BTW are you a Klaus  fan?

Thank you so so much!
Yes I am! One of my most favorite TV characters ever! 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Hey Esha!! 🤗 this piece was absolutely lovely!! The way you portrayed their emotions👏commendable! 🤗 keep writing more!

hapc thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I loved this piece. I could see it happening on the show. I'm so happy that the writers of the forum are finally showing up. Do write more.

sparkle2985 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

V v nicely written no words 👍🏼