Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: TheMinion

I doubt movies like these will work nowโ€ฆ

Biwi No 1 remake starring Varun Dhawan (Salman), Janhvi Kapoor (Karisma), Kriti Sanon (Sushmita), Arjun Kapoor (Anil), Parineeti Chopra (Tabu), Sidharth Malhotra (Saif) launching in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Biwi No.1 (1999) โ€” The Movie Database (TMDb)

Edited by Rekha_ji - 2 years ago
TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Biwi No 1 remake starring Varun Dhawan (Salman), Janhvi Kapoor (Karisma), Kriti Sanon (Sushmita), Arjun Kapoor (Anil), Parineeti Chopra (Tabu), Sidharth Malhotra (Saif) launching in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Biwi No.1 (1999) โ€” The Movie Database (TMDb)

What was Saif doing in this movie? There were SO many people? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I remember liking it then but I was too small to comprehend the seriousness of it all.๐Ÿ˜†

Then there was another, Out of Control starring Riteish Deshmukh.

Not only do they normalise cheating men. They are so problematic and equate modern and independent women with not being wifey material & housewives to be a paragon of virtues. Like how Sushmita dumps Salman for Saif because he earns better now  ๐Ÿ˜†

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheMinion

What was Saif doing in this movie? There were SO many people? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Saif comes in the end as Sushmitaโ€™s ex who still loves her.

Sandwich was so much worse. Yikes.

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

This is the current state of itv.Is David Dhawan movies the inspiration

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

I remember liking it then but I was too small to comprehend the seriousness of it all.๐Ÿ˜†

Then there was another, Out of Control starring Riteish Deshmukh.

Not only do they normalise cheating men. They are so problematic and equate modern and independent women with not being wifey material & housewives to be a paragon of virtues. Like how Sushmita dumps Salman for Saif because he earns better now  ๐Ÿ˜†

Hmm I understand your point, there are a lot of things wrong with movies, but then they are supposed to be taken as movies, just for entertainment purposes, we need not take them so seriously. Afterall we are sensible enough to differentiate reel from real ๐Ÿ˜†

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

Hmm I understand your point, there are a lot of things wrong with movies, but then they are supposed to be taken as movies, just for entertainment purposes, we need not take them so seriously. Afterall we are sensible enough to differentiate reel from real ๐Ÿ˜†

Most people are not. The movies are just reflection of the attitudes and thinking of people in general. "men will be men but women have to tolerate and be good". Patriarchy is so seeped in our psyche we miss it. Movies/ media etc is never innocent - it's a way of reinforcing that - men behave a certain way and women are supposed to be naive and gentle. 

Had it been the other way round, the innocent house wife sleeping with someone else while husband goes out to work - then he tries to win her back, she is the one not satisfied.. the movie wouldn't have been accepted by the audience.

I notice this in Pakistani shows too - women are never given a second chance. They are not allowed to make a mistake.

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: The_Best

Possible he was projecting his real life frustration into his work. Didnโ€™t even in Biwi No1 he still made karishmaโ€™s character responsible for EMA too because she didnโ€™t give sex to her husband for years? I watched that movie so long ago so donโ€™t remember that part but saw someone mentioning it once in this forum. 

My be David's wife also never gave him any and stayed busy with pooja path. 

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

More like cheating no.1 

Shaadi No 1

Do Knot Disturb - Wikipedia

Another forgettable one 

Edited by SRK_Deewani92 - 2 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Most people are not. The movies are just reflection of the attitudes and thinking of people in general. "men will be men but women have to tolerate and be good". Patriarchy is so seeped in our psyche we miss it. Movies/ media etc is never innocent - it's a way of reinforcing that - men behave a certain way and women are supposed to be naive and gentle. 

Had it been the other way round, the innocent house wife sleeping with someone else while husband goes out to work - then he tries to win her back, she is the one not satisfied.. the movie wouldn't have been accepted by the audience.

I notice this in Pakistani shows too - women are never given a second chance. They are not allowed to make a mistake.

@bold, Rustom was Super Hit.๐Ÿ˜†