David Dhawan's films on bigamy and extramarital affairs

Posted: 2 years ago

Saajan Chale Sasural. 

Biwi No. 1. 

Gharwali Baharwali. 

In Gharwali Baharwali, for example, Anil Kapoor berates his wives for making his life hell because they were upset that he was married to two women. So it is a 'happy ending' and they accept each other as 'co-wives'.

Why does David Dhawan makes such shitty films legitimising bigamy and extramarital affairs?

I doubt movies like these will work now…

Maybe he wanted a second wife and couldn’t have one 😒.

Originally posted by Daechwita

Maybe he wanted a second wife and couldn’t have one 😒.

Possible he was projecting his real life frustration into his work. Didn’t even in Biwi No1 he still made karishma’s character responsible for EMA too because she didn’t give sex to her husband for years? I watched that movie so long ago so don’t remember that part but saw someone mentioning it once in this forum. 

Originally posted by The_Best

Possible he was projecting his real life frustration into his work. Didn’t even in Biwi No1 he still made karishma’s character responsible for EMA too because she didn’t give sex to her husband for years? I watched that movie so long ago so don’t remember that part but saw someone mentioning it once in this forum. 

No such scene exists in biwi no.1 discussing sex 🤦‍♂️ 

Originally posted by The_Best

I watched it ages ago too and they did portrayed her as sanskaari bahu focused on raising children and didn’t have time for husband.

Edited by Daechwita - 2 years ago

It is a fantasy for men. Having two wives and they getting along. Movie become blockbuster. David became rich and he goes on making many more.

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

No such scene exists in biwi no.1 discussing sex 🤦‍♂️ 

So I guess the movie implied that by his wife not giving him any time like the previous member mentioned. Probably that’s what that other member meant.