Sasural Simar Ka 2

Annoyed with Simar and Aarav dynamic

neteche thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I don't know why, but it annoys me how Simar defends Aarav no matter what just because of their agreement. However, I don't see the same from him. I never witness him defending her the same way she does him. The agreement was they were going to support each other as husband and wife equally. But this shows keep pushing this narrative that women have to go above and beyond to support their husbands. While men have to do the bare minimum for their wives (like supporting her singing) and they get praise. 

This narrative is so strong that even Simar's dad is shown to defend it.

I can understand Gagan point of view as to how much you will allow someone to hurt you just for them to forgive you. There is always threshold, where it becomes too much. I think Gagan has reach his. He is witnessing an unfair powerful play, where rich people can get so offended that use their power to enact uncontrollable punishment over the poor. While the poor just have to forgive them and even defend their overreaction. Like Badima getting Simar's dad arrest, then afterwards he defending her for it. 

While the poor don't show that same courtesy to their very own, when it comes to forgiveness. Like Simar's dad refusing to give Reema and Vivaan his blessing because they got married without their family's consent. But it's fine to give Simar and Aarav his blessing while his family also didn't consent to their marriage either. Like WHAT? 😕 You are giving your blessing to a guy who is planning to divorce your daughter in a few weeks. While the guy who almost burned himself for your other daughter, you are like no thank you.🤔 I understand he is angry at Reema, but he already blessed Vivaan without Reema. So why be so dramatic and bless him as soon-to- be ex son-in-law's brother, then don't bless him at all. 

I know I am omitting the fact that Reema is evil here but only 2 persons in the show actually knows that.

For those who find this post is all over the place, you are right. But I just need somewhere to rant my frustration. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Roroo thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

So agree with ur post.. 

I think simar supports Aarav a lot because they want Aarav to fall heads over heels for her in 30 days 🤣🤣

simar does a lot for Aarav and understands all but Aarav doesn’t support her at all in front of his family.. I so want simar to leave this house after her 30 days r over and focus on herself and her career and her family… 

I do like the actress playing Reema out of all 4 actors.. she acts well unlike others in this serial 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Roroo - 2 years ago
vivpri thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I agree that Aarav don't support Simar openly. He is just behaving like a typical husband who just keeps his wife inside the four walls of his room. But, Simar supporting Aarav is her character. She does the same with everyone. 

As for Simar's father, I guess he is not aware of his choti beti's divorce proceedings or his badi damaad's almost suicide and hence we cannot blame him for that. According to his understanding, his family was a very happy one and he had a big reputation in the society, it all went downhill on the day Reema eloped from the marriage mandap. Hence, he hates her as of now. But, I am sure he would come around soon since parents can never really hate their children. 

Roroo thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I don’t find any fault in the dad’s character.. it’s pretty normal to see them mad at kids who run away for marriage  or did something they don’t approve off… give him few months to get over it…. But I do find Reema’s behavior a little over the top .. 

I have no hopes for Aarav… all I m hoping for is Aarav realizing that he loves simar and going after her 

neteche thumbnail

My issue with their dad is difference in treatment. He is angry at Reema, but I don't see the same anger towards Vivaan. I understand that Reema is his child, not Vivaan. However, this man got marry with your daughter  without his or your family consent. He was much as a participate in this crazy plan as his daughter. So I find it stranger that he never get question about it. 

Reema is evil, but Vivaan could also have said no. He was the one who called her to get married. As a dad I find he should at least question Vivaan about that. 

Edited by neteche - 2 years ago
Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: neteche

My issue with their dad is difference in treatment. He is angry at Reema, but I don't see the same anger towards Vivaan. I understand that Reema is his child, not Vivaan. However, this man got marry with your daughter  without his or your family consent. He was much as a participate in this crazy plan as his daughter. So I find it stranger that he never get question about it. 

Reema is evil, but Vivaan could also have said no. He was the one who called her to get married. As a dad I find he should at least question Vivaan about that. 

I think at this point, the Dad doesn’t care what Reema does. He’s angry and justifiably so. 

Think of how it looks to her Dad. She ran from her wedding but days after she married the younger brother. Any Dad would be angry. 

He’ll clam down and forgive her. Parents really do forgive their children. Let’s hope in the interim that Reema koi aur kaand na karr de. I don’t trust Reema and Vivaan is so stupid in love with a horrible person that he tried to commit suicide. Like really!!

He’s going to be heartbroken when he finds out. 

vivpri thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Namita-M

I think at this point, the Dad doesn’t care what Reema does. He’s angry and justifiably so. 

Think of how it looks to her Dad. She ran from her wedding but days after she married the younger brother. Any Dad would be angry. 

He’ll clam down and forgive her. Parents really do forgive their children. Let’s hope in the interim that Reema koi aur kaand na karr de. I don’t trust Reema and Vivaan is so stupid in love with a horrible person that he tried to commit suicide. Like really!!

You are right! Before he forgives Reema, she may end up doing another wrong move. He would have forgiven her in just few days for eloping, but she went and married the another beta of the same house who humiliated him just a couple of days ago. But Reema is nothing, when compared to what Gagan has planned. It's going to be a deathblow to Narayan family and last straw to Oswal family. Even Aarav is going to be furious this time. 

I feel bad for SiRav. Simar is going fall on her knees before Oswals to save her brother's life and Aarav is going to be tired trying to make sense to his sister. 

PS: I find Vivaan's love to be very shallow and hence don't like it much 

Edited by vivpri - 2 years ago
neteche thumbnail
Originally posted by: Namita-M

Yes, the dad anger is justified. But it seems as if Vivaan is omitted from this anger even by his family. Like yes she did wrong, but so did he. He married his older brother fiancee, that is also wrong. But it seems to not have the same consequences for him. That is what I find unfair, because the mariage happened between two consenting adults. So both are to blame. 

I do agree the Dad will eventually forgive her, unless she comes up with more crazy things to do. I wish the series had shown equal consequences for Vivaan and Reema.

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I understand Geethanjali’s anger but I cannot support her actions. No matter what badi Simar did to convince them for this wedding Simar’s parents should have taken a firm stand. Avinash is a professor and a teacher should not only uphold integrity at work but also set an example outside of it too. Y didn they come clean to Geethanjali before the wedding? She already disliked Simar and by consenting to bride swap they humiliated her before the world. Yes it’s not fair that they suffered so much. But Gagan conveniently forgave his sister who put his family on the spot and ruined another sister’s life. He supports her so strongly and humiliates Aarav. I don’t think he even blamed Reema for their state. Aarav has every right to give them a cold shoulder. He was the one who was cheated. Yet he is trying to be compassionate towards Simar and help her in some ways. Yes he cannot take a strong stand for whatever his grandma is doing and I wish he could but for a man whose so called wife betrayed him he is doing more than his share to support her. Simar knew who she was getting married to but Aarav was in the dark. He has grown up in an environment where no one questioned his badi ma and he has been raised like that too. But compared to his dad and uncles he at least voices out his feelings. But again this whole mess was made by Reema and Reema alone.
If I have to choose between Geethanjali and Reema I will say the former is less evil. I wish Geethanjali would just let Simar’s family be. And her getting Simar’s parents jailed is no crime coz she is well within her rights to do that. But there is no need to humiliate them like this. Reema on the other hand is blatantly shameless blaming Simar and even her whole family after what she did. That guy was right. She is just a gold digger and nothing more.

kayulover123 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Thats Very True GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY