Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: BitterBerry

Nice post Madz 👏

I think the advertisements shown online aren't bad, but they are really annoying and creepy.

And mostly when I look for something in Myntra/Amazon and add it in cart. And then I see then same thing appear on my screen the next site/web page I visit. It's creepy to think that I've left that thing in my cart and now that add is following me. 

It's true that our servers claims to make their customers happy with customised services but is the data we share with them safe isn't being used in a manner that shouldn't be?

Nowadays we are even ordering medicines online and sharing our confidential health information to a website, mostly not reading the terms and conditions before. 

I think we should be more aware of how much we are showing ourselves (our personal data >>> address, phone number, giving a server permission to save our credit/debit card number, our health conditions). Everything that we want is one touch away but at the same time it's scary that how far we are letting ourselves out there. 

All the concerns you have expressed regarding data security, and this uncomfortable continuation of the previous order following us in every page, is quite unpleasant. Now, almost all online orders are cash on delivery, no need to give our card details. 

Thank you, Ankita. 🤗

Maroonporsche thumbnail

It makes me feel weird 😆

G_for_Ganga thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Not all advertisements are annoying... Only d misplaced one's do 🤓

Nichuss thumbnail

before goin into question

hats off to u viswa... for penning it down very beautifully....

advertisin are annoying... wen it takes half of the screen... it is displayed atleast corner or bottom.... we could have adjusted with it...

sometimes while scrolling advs come... and its not always trustworthy links... accidental clicks cost the system security too....

which s y mainly advs are not accepted 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nichuss

before goin into question

hats off to u viswa... for penning it down very beautifully....

advertisin are annoying... wen it takes half of the screen... it is displayed atleast corner or bottom.... we could have adjusted with it...

sometimes while scrolling advs come... and its not always trustworthy links... accidental clicks cost the system security too....

which s y mainly advs are not accepted 

Thank you Nichuss for the good words. ❤️ 

Ads are everywhere, and they’re designed to trick us. Ads appeal to our emotions, not our brain , says ad guru Middleton. There’s a  psychological impact  because of extensive advertising  that makes people to indulge in buying spree, which  people often forget. Now this is new trend , Ads are appearing in every site , making us to pay attention to those Ads. 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Here is a very interesting advertisement  from the initial stage of the Ads! 

Can't believe that they have color advt at that time. Meenaji and Ashok Kumar looking so young and beautiful in that Dunlopillo  UK Ad! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8EAR-NsJ8

Edited by Viswasruti - 2 years ago
Nichuss thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Thank you Nichuss for the good words. ❤️ 

Ads are everywhere, and they’re designed to trick us. Ads appeal to our emotions, not our brain , says ad guru Middleton. There’s a  psychological impact  because of extensive advertising  that makes people to indulge in buying spree, which  people often forget. Now this is new trend , Ads are appearing in every site , making us to pay attention to those Ads. 

very true....... 100% agreeing with on ths point

Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Here is a very interesting advertisement  from the initial stage of the Ads! 

Can't believe that they have color advt at that time. Meenaji and Ashok Kumar looking so young and beautiful in that Dunlopillo  UK Ad! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8EAR-NsJ8

This Ad is so cute, a lengthy ad , but very thoughtful.