Are The Advertisements Engaging or Annoying?

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

The World Has Become A Global Market

Because of pandemic, this long-lasting lockdown is forcing us  to confine to home, away from free movement, from shopping to buy things. Now, we are highly dependent on  ad information, to get something, we have to order online! 

The economic and social disruption caused by the pandemic is devastating. The transition from actual shopping to virtual shopping is necessary now. Many countries are proposing this solution today to prevent their people from free movement.  Modern technology and social media have provided a new stage for the advertisers to target their users, depending on real-time viewing trends and what they tend to buy from online retailers. 

It is an easy and practical way for customers to buy anything online, without having to leave the comfort of your living room from your home. 

Let us check the transformation of the advertising format from ancient times to this day. 

For the art of selling,  ancient Rome and Egypt were the birthplaces of  advertisement! From there, the ad concept was picked up and publicized  by many countries and communities later. 

A man named Thomas J. Barrett of the Pears Soap Company of London is said to be the father of modern advertising in the early 19th century. He introduced the concepts of  phrases and images targeted to promote the virtues of Pears Soap. Subsequently, the same concept was emulated and implemented by  Hamam and Lux  ads in our country.

As technology advanced, advertising played an important role, and ads appeared on radio and television. 

The greatest media advance in advertising took place in the 1990s with the rise of the Internet. Modern technology and social media have enabled advertisers to target their users, based on real-time viewing patterns and what they tend to buy at online retailers. 

India is the world's second-largest country in the world in terms of population. The tradition of advertising is going on for ages now and with so many people and businesses working within this country, it is an intriguing way to reach millions. 

People today are active on all kinds of media platforms where they could get information from- Radio, TV,  Internet, and newspapers. 

Advertising is not done just for the products, people advertise their services, the government advertises their schemes and developments, companies advertise vacancies at their firms, etc. 

In different phases, focus from creativity shifted to creating more impactful marketing channels so that the advertisement  could reach the maximum number of people and in the most effective manner. 

Internet banking and  online shopping have made our lives easier. The rapid change has happened recently because of the pandemic and the resulting restrictions.

Digital marketing has given advertising a whole new artistic appearance!! In today's advertising scenario, creativity and content win the market!  Digital marketing focuses on marketing products on the internet through various means like social media, emails, blogs, videos, etc. 

Advertising has a big role to play in this crucial period of human history. The entire world is in isolation, caged, and quarantined. Online order is the only comfortable way now to buy things and find out more about the products we need for our daily subsistence. 

Lately, need-based shopping has improved the advertising industry in India from a small business to an online purchase based big industry in its own right. Advertisements are a great way to make people aware of products, issues, and more. 

“Stopping advertising to save money is like stopping your watch to save time.” – Henry Ford

In this life-changing pandemic time, how does online shopping affect our daily lives? Are the promotion and purchase of products online good or bad?   Waiting to hear your thoughts friends. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sutapasima thumbnail

Cooped up at home my aunts and cousins are loving online shopping like never before.

For that Ads are a must … they provide contact details and choice of products … 

Life affected by Covid 19 ... 

Earlier we had BC and AD now we add 

AC … means  After COVID 🤣

Edited by Sutapasima - 2 years ago
vibraj thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I think online anything is a boon in pandemic times. Whether work from home which has saved jobs and companies' profits from plummeting, teleconsultation with medical fraternity or shopping. 

I personally used a lot of online shopping during these times, the convenience is best,you get good rates too but occasionally I feel fruit and vegetables bought online are generally good but you can see, feel and buy better stuff when from a vendor. Similarly, clothes,you may get very good stuff at a reasonable rate too but you miss the feel of texture, variety when shopping at a mall. These are some of the shortcomings but considering the constricted times we are living in and the curbs and restrictions, online shopping is a blessing, it brings stuff to our door step with limited interaction, hence safe too!

Good thread, Madi, loved the background on advertising! Advertising is paramount to online shopping.

priya185 thumbnail

I find advertisements annoying 

Advertising should not use cookies without my permission, because this is an invasion of privacy

Viswasruti thumbnail
Originally posted by: priya185

Advertising should not use cookies without my permission, because this is an invasion of privacy

Priya, I agree with you🤗 , cookies are annoying, cookies are almost always third party, persistent cookies. But I think, we have a facility, we can  allow cookies from a specific site if we want , while blocking third-party cookies in ads or images on that webpage. On your computer, open Chrome. Settings. Under "Privacy and security," click Cookies and other site data.  Then you can see the ads without cookies. 

Edited by Viswasruti - 2 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Cooped up at home my aunts and cousins are loving online shopping like never before.

For that Ads are a must … they provide contact details and choice of products … 

Life acted Covid 19 

Earlier we had BC and AD now we add 

AC … means  After COVID 

Very good analysis, Suta. Yes, in the future, in each country's history book, there will be a reference about this darkest phase of human suffering and how we came out victorious. As you rightly mentioned, the reference will be like--- before Covid and after Covid, as BC & AC! In that chapter, there will be many life-changing references, like online courses for kids, online shopping and the concept of working from home, how all these new concepts have been accepted by the majority. 

Viswasruti thumbnail
Originally posted by: vibraj

I think online anything is a boon in pandemic times. Whether work from home which has saved jobs and companies' profits from plummeting, teleconsultation with medical fraternity or shopping. 

I personally used a lot of online shopping during these times, the convenience is best,you get good rates too but occasionally I feel fruit and vegetables bought online are generally good but you can see, feel and buy better stuff when from a vendor. Similarly, clothes,you may get very good stuff at a reasonable rate too but you miss the feel of texture, variety when shopping at a mall. These are some of the shortcomings but considering the constricted times we are living in and the curbs and restrictions, online shopping is a blessing, it brings stuff to our door step with limited interaction, hence safe too!

Good thread, Madi, loved the background on advertising! Advertising is paramount to online shopping.

I fully agree with your detailed analysis of the present situation and the troubles we are all going through and how we are trying to sustain in these difficult times. 

Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines, let us took it that way. We must now find new ways to deal with this unexpected turn of events. Thanks for the good words Vibha. 🤗

Edited by Viswasruti - 2 years ago
Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Very interesting post Madi. 🤗 Covid changed our lifestyles . 

We have to adjust for online shopping now , at least until this Covid vanishes. 

Do you know what was the first ad on Indian Television? 

The first product  advertised on TV was Gwalior Suitings in an advertisement that appeared on 1 January 1976. 

In those good old TV days , Amul Manthan- The Iconic Smita Patil Advertisement. ...Surf Excel- The older, cuter version of Daag Ache Hain! 

The most memorable Indian advertisements from decades gone by, let us see those , the most memorable ads, picked by ad gurus that entertained us and shaped our mindset. 

From print to billboards to TV commercials, ads have covered every spectrum and become an indispensable catalyst for a changing India

I used to look forward for this ad --- A miffed little boy, Babloo, leaves home as everybody is always scolding him. At the railway station, he spots the servant, who tells him that his mother has made jalebis. “Jalebi?” he says, and with one word, that child-actor  captured the hearts of all the kids across  the country. There was a charm and spontaneity in the ad that worked. 😃

My first priority every day is -- checking what new offers are Amazon giving. My mom won't buy costly  international fruits and fruit juices. I know that. That is why I prefer to order online for her and next day , while talking to her, I  just inform her about the online order and before she starts scolding , in a hurry I cut the call. At that moment, my  happiness I can't express in words. 😭Staying away from them, in a foreign country, my longing for such  happy moments, that explains a daughter's love.

Ads are in a way a part of our life now. 

Sutapasima thumbnail
Originally posted by: priya185

Yaar look I agree its annoying.... in life most of the things I love will come with some undesired attachments .... that are a part n parcel of it .... 

for example ... my fav watermelon comes with a million black seeds 

limes and oranges have seeds,  my delicious fishes have bones ....my fav TVserials come with AD interruptions…

but don't I  enjoy them despite these unwanted parts ? 

I love my various websites  ... the enjoyment and entertainment i derive  far outweighs the annoyance of these Ads ... so I just enjoy the loved part and ignore the undesired portions .

Happy Bunny GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Sutapasima - 2 years ago
priya185 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Priya, I agree with you🤗 , cookies are annoying, cookies are almost always third party, persistent cookies. But I think, we have a facility, we can  allow cookies from a specific site if we want , while blocking third-party cookies in ads or images on that webpage. On your computer, open Chrome. Settings. Under "Privacy and security," click Cookies and other site data.  Then you can see the ads without cookies. 

hi thank you for your help🤗 is there a way to disable on mobile without losing passwords saved on safari?