Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Yaar look I agree its annoying.... in life most of the things I love will come with some undesired attachments .... that are a part n parcel of it .... 

for example ... my fav watermelon comes with a million black seeds 

limes and oranges have seeds,  my delicious fishes have bones ....my fav TVserials come with AD interruptions…

but don't I  enjoy them despite these unwanted parts ? 

I love my various websites  ... the enjoyment and entertainment i derive  far outweighs the annoyance of these Ads ... so I just enjoy the loved part and ignore the undesired portions .

Happy Bunny GIFs | Tenor

Well said Sutapasima. For some blessings, we must endure with some difficulties. 

Our lives have been changed drastically because of this pandemic onslaught. Many changes in life. 

Optimistic_Jo thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Annoying... no question!

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Which ads are we talking about ? TV ads or digital ads or print ads ?

In case of digital ads, all the free content on the web is courtesy advertising. And content is not just content, webmasters need money for hosting and a small staff, depending on the size of the website, for backend and frontend, mostly backend. So if you want something free like Indiaforums ,ads are a must, unless you are ready to pay for a subscription.  

Most of ads are engaging as long as they don't get in the, like the pop-up ads.

I have found quite a few useful websites solely via advertising because search engines never threw them up in their search pages. 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

TV advertisements.. fun.. especially the ones that are cut in half most of the time.. they're hilarious once you know the full thing.. *most are* 

Special mention to the beautiful Parachute oil wali ad with mere baal meri pehchan hai...  the full version here 😳

https://youtu.be/h7I1o-vV7eY

YouTube ads.. annoying af, especially the unskippable ones that keep showing the same things.. I would never buy a single product of those unskippable ones. 🤔

Websites.. the ones that are on the side.. peacefully co-existing with the content, in a side.. good. Ones that keep popping up the moment you start reading.. annoying af. 

Baki I miss the ads with very peppy and catchy jingles.. these days most ads are kinda boring except fevicol wale.. they're🤣🤣 99acres ki shanti wali ad.. OMG..the plot twist you never expected🤣

https://youtu.be/zqXoiXqDbiI

Nice writeup Madhuri!! ❤️

NerdyMukta thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: surajhere

Which ads are we talking about ? TV ads or digital ads or print ads ?

In case of digital ads, all the free content on the web is courtesy advertising. And content is not just content, webmasters need money for hosting and a small staff, depending on the size of the website, for backend and frontend, mostly backend. So if you want something free like Indiaforums ,ads are a must, unless you are ready to pay for a subscription.  

Most of ads are engaging as long as they don't get in the, like the pop-up ads.

I have found quite a few useful websites solely via advertising because search engines never threw them up in their search pages. 

@Suraj-I agree with you. We'll have to pay for access/content if ads are not there. TBH, I've never found any of the ads on IF annoying. YT is going overboard these days with ads and I guess we had foreseen this. Since I'm not in India, ads for me are local. One more point to note here is if you are accessing IF on an hand held device then your user experience is going to be different as opposed to accessing on a laptop/PC.

Disclaimer-I haven't read any other posts on this topic.

Ayushi_78 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Nice writeup Viswasruti! ⭐️

Online shopping during the times of pandemic is a blessing because of the restricted accessibility due to the lockdown. The process is simple, the rates are reasonable and everything gets delivered at our doorsteps. That said it comes with its own set of flaws, like sometimes the difference in quality is huge in what is mentioned in the ad and what gets delivered, whether its clothes or groceries. That is where we feel its better to physically see the items for purchase. 

Online advertisements are good at times as they recommend us shopping sites/items we might never come across in general. Whether its the ads on IG/FB or he ones on TV, they give us a wide variety of options to choose from.

However, its annoying when you cant skip some repeated ads in YT/Sonyliv and all the more annoying when ads pickup cookies. I really don't want my searched items popping up every now and then while browsing.

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

😆 having basic understanding of how advertising works, I am fine with it given its also a source of income to many... But yes, personalized ads creep me out! I would rather look for things I need myself than depend on being bombarded with ads.. 

nushhkiee thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

A.N.N.O.Y.I.N.G. 

Asur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 4

I believe advertisements are important.

But their placement can be better. For example, In India Forum site, there is often an ad which I never bother to read because it says something like scroll down to read. I try to do that but it refuses to get scrolled down and I am forced to refresh the page. It happens again and again and it's really annoying. That shouldn't happen. 

Edited by cheekukabeej - 2 years ago
BitterBerry thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Nice post Madz 👏

I think the advertisements shown online aren't bad, but they are really annoying and creepy.

And mostly when I look for something in Myntra/Amazon and add it in cart. And then I see then same thing appear on my screen the next site/web page I visit. It's creepy to think that I've left that thing in my cart and now that add is following me. 

It's true that our servers claims to make their customers happy with customised services but is the data we share with them safe isn't being used in a manner that shouldn't be?

Nowadays we are even ordering medicines online and sharing our confidential health information to a website, mostly not reading the terms and conditions before. 

I think we should be more aware of how much we are showing ourselves (our personal data >>> address, phone number, giving a server permission to save our credit/debit card number, our health conditions). Everything that we want is one touch away but at the same time it's scary that how far we are letting ourselves out there.