Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Haal-e-Dil

This is such an interesting twist. Please continue soon 

Thanks, will try my best 😊

Also your picture is amazing 😆

Shakti1604 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Eloquently written!! Waiting to read more 😊!!

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

Such a intriguing story 😍😍

Update soon 💕💕

MissWiseUnicorn thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

This is so well written! I loved your use of vocabulary and the build up! 👏Eagerly waiting for the updates :)

ShyNomad thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

A little shorter but necessary to get things moving. Thanks for reading.

Part 3

Message from: Unknown Number

Tick tock…

(Sent: 9:47pm)

Raghav watched the light reflect off the amber whiskey as he swirled his glass. But there were no answers to be found, only a temporary reprieve for his restless mind. He glanced at the clock once again.

Patience had never been his strong suit. He was Raghav Rao – his reputation was built on his relentless pursuit of perfection, no matter the cost. He was a man of action, and had at times paid a high price for his impulsiveness. Now he was at the mercy of this faceless stranger, powerless to answer them in the manner that they deserved.

The smooth liquid burned on its way down as a pleasant feeling of warmth bloomed in his stomach. His thoughts turned again to Pallavi, the stubborn thorn in his side who nonetheless didn’t deserve to have her name dragged through the mud because of her association with him. He admired her determination in the face of adversity, and even though at times her arrogance drove him mad, he couldn’t find fault in her dedication to her family.

He was sure, however, that she could find plenty of faults in him. He had catalogued each and every insult, from Ghamandi Rao and bandar and ex-don, to the small crinkle that appeared between her eyebrows when she was especially outraged in his presence.

“Raghav.”

She stood before him as if he had conjured her, but he had never seen her quite like this. “Pallavi.”

She seemed to sway where she stood, and he rushed forward to catch her just in time, her small frame crumpling into his arms. She offered no resistance as he picked her up and carried her to the divan. Her tears fell hot and wet against his collarbone. Raghav gently placed her on the seat and kneeled before her. “Pallavi?”

She looked up at him, her red rimmed eyes dull with grief. A strange ache twisted in his chest, and as he pieced together her words, it slowly morphed into the familiar anger that had been his steady companion all these years.

He didn’t know who had done this. He didn’t know why they were so hell-bent on ruining their lives. But one thing he did know – they would regret the day they set their sights on Mr. and Mrs. Raghav Rao.

Pallavi carefully removed her earrings, gently placing them one by one on her dressing table. The ceremony had been a simple one, and though the rituals felt familiar, nothing about today had been comparable to her first wedding. Gone were the butterflies in her stomach, the pinch of her heavy lehenga, the tears that spilled over as she hugged her brother one final time. Today her eyes were clear and dry and she refused to cry, having shed all her tears for the family that had once grandly welcomed her with open arms but now abandoned her in the dark of night. Her gaze returned to the mirror.

Who was this woman who stared back at her, a mangalsutra heavy around her neck, her part filled with sindoor? How could she, who had quietly longed for the sense of belonging inherent in these symbols of married life, have now completed these sacred rituals as a matter of convenience?

Her conversation with Ayi replayed in her head. What stayed with her was not the shock but the disappointment in Ayi’s voice, masking the pain that a mother must feel when her child is now beyond her reach. Pallavi knew what it must look like, to run to the same man with whom whispers of a dalliance had destroyed her credibility.

But Ayi was firm in her advice, if not unkind. This step she had taken, and its consequences could not be undone so easily – she must do her best to see it through, live now as Pallavi Raghav Rao and not as Pallavi Deshmukh.

Pallavi Rao. The name felt strange on her lips. Could she make a place for herself in this elegant yet sterile mansion? Was there room for her in the life of its owner, still an enigma?

He had infuriated her, brought her to tears, and belittled her ambition. But despite their clashes he had also tried to help her, in his own often misguided way. His challenges at times energized her, forced her to rely on her wits as she stood toe to toe with the self-proclaimed don of Hyderabad. To the rest of the world, she was Pallavi The Widow. To him, she was simply Saree ka Dukaan.

She wasn’t sure what propelled her to his door last night, but she knew somehow that it would be open to her.

The knock at the door startled her out of her reverie. “Come in,” she said, rising, and found herself face to face with the current object of her thoughts.

Raghav paused after almost barging in, as if belatedly remembering that this was now her room. “Listen, I—” he stopped again, taking in her attire. She was modestly dressed in an oversized kurta and leggings, hardly provocative or revealing. “Is that mine?” he asked, a strange tightness in his voice.

She looked down at the kurta and playfully waved the sleeves too long for her slender arms. “I found it in the cupboard. I don’t have all my clothes yet, so…” she trailed off as she met his stare, unable to decipher his thoughts. “I hope that’s…ok?”

“Sure. Fine,” he said suddenly, clearing his throat. “Tomorrow we’ll get you some more things.” He walked out but then poked his head back into the room. “Um, goodnight.”

“Goodnight,” she replied, and allowed herself a small smile.

He stared at the picture taken earlier that day. There was Pallavi, simply adorned as his new bride, her hand firmly in his grip as they stood at the mandap. There was no joy to be found on either of their faces, but instead they displayed a quiet determination.

Raghav sent the picture along with a message and felt a small measure of satisfaction at the delivery confirmation.

Here’s another photo for your album. Won’t you congratulate me?

And then he made one last promise that day, except this time it had nothing to do with his wedding rituals.

I will find you.

TBC

ReemShah thumbnail
Most Comments (June 2021) 1 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

It was short and intense..especially Pallavi's thoughts. 

in Raghav's kurta--I wonder what Raghav's thought must have been when he saw her

Raghav's promise to find the stranger--now we know how the photo kept in Raghav's study was taken😆

I am excited for next chapters

unicornwriter thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Okay this was amazing and I cannot wait to see Pallavi in Raghav's kurta someday. 

aisha1099 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

That was amazing🔥! Pallavi and Raghav despite having a fair amount of animosity between them, know and respect each other❤️ 

Even if it was short, this chapter was fantastic.Loved every bit of it. Can't wait for the next chapter.

LyssaPie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Yay they’re married!!!