Gashmeer Mahajani on his journey & 'Imlie'

Apsvenky thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Wanted to share GM's new IV's. Did not see it anywhere else, so thought to create a thread for it:

On his journey of choosing this career: https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/i-enjoy-every-bit-of-this-profession-gashmeer-mahajani-101624995138318.html

On Imlie and his equation with his co-stars - https://www.news18.com/news/movies/gashmeer-mahajani-on-imlie-doesnt-have-over-the-top-drama-unlike-other-daily-soaps-3900254.html

Loved how he said that "This show doesn’t have any sort of over-the-top drama which will make the show seem like any other daily soap." 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1PinkRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Bilkul sahi kaha GM kind yahan koi OTT drama nahi hai baaki shows mein toh Star cast middle class k naam par high society k rich people jaise rehte ya fir yeh bolo ki unke ghar mein hamesha fancy dress competition chalta hai in the name of fashion🤣🤣.

Aur sabse badi baat is No three times Face zooming with high BG score... Kya kya kya?🤣🤣

_Seera_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

thanks for postng this @apsvenky

PPak thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Apsvenky

Wanted to share GM's new IV's. Did not see it anywhere else, so thought to create a thread for it:

On his journey of choosing this career: https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/i-enjoy-every-bit-of-this-profession-gashmeer-mahajani-101624995138318.html

On Imlie and his equation with his co-stars - https://www.news18.com/news/movies/gashmeer-mahajani-on-imlie-doesnt-have-over-the-top-drama-unlike-other-daily-soaps-3900254.html

Loved how he said that "This show doesn’t have any sort of over-the-top drama which will make the show seem like any other daily soap." 

I usually like that Gashmeer is quite brutally honest in his interviews...but sharing on social media that his co-star blabbers a lot and that he pretends to listen but ignores her - reflects badly on him as a professional. It shows that Gashmeer lacks control over what he communicates in public or that he does not care...both equally unappealing traits in public figure that people look up to.  

Edited by PPak - 2 years ago
Apsvenky thumbnail

Originally posted by: PPak

I usually like that Gashmeer is quite brutally honest in his interviews...but sharing on social media that his co-star blabbers a lot and that he pretends to listen but ignores her - reflects badly on him as a professional. It shows that Gashmeer lacks control over what he communicates in public or that he does not care...both equally unappealing traits in public figure that people look up to.  

That maybe why he is a nightmare for his poor PR team as he said in his live yesterday. He is brutally honest no matter the consequences. 

As for Sumbul, she herself has mentioned that she blabs the whole day to all he co-actors and they either tune her out or shout at her, after which she sulks a bit and then goes back to bother them again😆. She is 17 years old, people do expect her to be childish at times, but one thing is that GM takes himself to be her nanny, matlab he takes care of her while also tuning out some of the stuff she says that he does not connect with. Also as a professional he has always maintained that Sumbul is a fantastic actor who has an innate talent of being natural and effortless on screen. He has mentioned that he is downright jealous that all she has to do is come and act without much preparation, while he as to do much more efforts to get his takes on point.

I do not find his frankness unappealing. In fact I find it quite refreshing, compared to some of his peers who act more in IV's than in their actual projects.

PPak thumbnail

I don't read most interviews - so thanks for the background info :). Appreciate it. 

I'm not questioning the accuracy of his statement. I come from the viewpoint - if what you say is not uplighting or helpful in anyway - don't say it. There was nothing to be gained from him making that statement - thats where I was coming from. And if the rest of his thoughts in the interview were accurate - I would have ignored this. Mayuri's acting is nuanced and well rehearsed???? That was a reach - so then you question his overall perception of things - no ? :)

While I love his acting on screen and find his honesty refreshing on occasion - his overall attitude does seem a bit narcissistic, self serving and praising and for me this is off putting. I hope he listens to his PR crew. He will be doing himself a favor. 

Apsvenky thumbnail

I don't read most interviews - so thanks for the background info :). Appreciate it. 

I'm not questioning the accuracy of his statement. I come from the viewpoint - if what you say is not uplighting or helpful in anyway - don't say it. There was nothing to be gained from him making that statement - thats where I was coming from. And if the rest of his thoughts in the interview were accurate - I would have ignored this. Mayuri's acting is nuanced and well rehearsed???? That was a reach - so then you question his overall perception of things - no ? :)

While I love his acting on screen and find his honesty refreshing on occasion - his overall attitude does seem a bit narcissistic, self serving and praising and for me this is off putting. I hope he listens to his PR crew. He will be doing himself a favor. 

You are welcome. I agree on the point for Mayuri, but you have to see it from his perspective. She is supposed to be a one dimensional and one-toned character, so he feels she is hitting it out of the park😆. Also I said in another thread that most of her scenes are with other much better actors where all she has to do is react, which she does okay. Its her individual scenes where that disconnect vividly comes across. So yeah as GM said he has put a lot of his characteristics in Adi, in this case he is as delusional as his character, so I pucca agree with you on that😆.

Yes he does sometimes tend to come across as narcissistic. But his frankness and humor is appealing for people, so he tends to get ways with it most of the times😆 .

PPak thumbnail

I liked what you said regarding Mayuri...she is good in some scenes where has support and are valid scenes - fighting with Adi, feeling sorry for herself etc. When the scene solely rests on her or she has delusional expectations about the scene - she is unable to carry it. I never thought of it that way before and was wondering why there was this discrepancy. What you said makes sense.

Apsvenky thumbnail

I liked what you said regarding Mayuri...she is good in some scenes where has support and are valid scenes - fighting with Adi, feeling sorry for herself etc. When the scene solely rests on her or she has delusional expectations about the scene - she is unable to carry it. I never thought of it that way before and was wondering why there was this discrepancy. What you said makes sense.

Chalo I am happy that my words made someone understand her better, coz even I still have a tough time decoding what her character is trying to do or be. I have now just given up and look at her scenes like unintentional comedy rather than take her words or emoting at face value😆.