Why Amrita Rao was nominated for supporting actress in main Hoon na?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

Why Amrita Rao was nominated for best supporting actress? While she had more screen Space than Sushmita. Every song was picturized on her. I was just listening old songs on YouTube and I was shocked to see this much love for amrita Rao. I wonder why she did not make it big?

Originally posted by pallavi_

Why Amrita Rao was nominated for best supporting actress? While she had more screen Space than Sushmita. Every song was picturized on her. I was just listening old songs on YouTube and I was shocked to see this much love for amrita Rao. I wonder why she did not make it big?

Because that way she could at least be nominated - it would have been really difficult to crack into the best actress list because that year was stacked with power-packed performances (and Rao's acting wasn't great enough to make it into the best actress category anyway). As a fan, I was happy that at least she got a nom. Lol.

Also, despite not having a career, she's extremely popular and still remains so. Just a few days ago, I found that in Facebook, she has over 7 million fans (in comparison, Preity Zinta has only 6 millions - that was utterly shocking in a good way).

She didn't make it big because she doesn't excel in any department. She was beautiful, but in a girl next doorsy way - didn't have the glamor or hotness required in BW. She was a decent actress, better than the Katrinas or Sonams, but during her time we had the likes of Rani, Preity, Priyanka, Lara, Vidya, Kareena, Bipasha all battling to get to top, so it's not like we had any dearth of actresses.

No family name (i.e. Kapoor or Mukherji) and too much reservations (won't kiss blah blah). And finally was not ambitious or motivated enough.

She still has a big fanbase even today though, considering that she never even had a proper career to begin with.

Originally posted by Blood_Sacrifice

She didn't make it big because she doesn't excel in any department. She was beautiful, but in a girl next doorsy way - didn't have the glamor or hotness required in BW. She was a decent actress, better than the Katrinas or Sonams, but during her time we had the likes of Rani, Preity, Priyanka, Lara, Vidya, Kareena, Bipasha all battling to get to top, so it's not like we had any dearth of actresses.

No family name (i.e. Kapoor or Mukherji) and too much reservations (won't kiss blah blah). And finally was not ambitious or motivated enough.

She still has a big fanbase even today though, considering that she never even had a proper career to begin with.

But Shraddha Kapoor is also in same boat 😆 and she has a far better career than Amrita

There's something called Luck and Timing ...

Also don't know Shradhdha Kapoor (trust me I don't even watch BW movies that much, just spend time here coz it's an interesting forum) so dunno. lol

I think she just didn't have that "X" factor to make it big. Sure she was pretty and a decent actress, but there were more actresses who were far better and versatile than her, and of course it also depends on luck, not everyone can make it big. So predictably she disappeared after sometime, and may be she didn't choose good enough scripts in her career span. And it's good that atleast she was nominated for Main hoon naa, her acting was quite average in that movie, sorry but she is nowhere in comparison to Sushmita when it comes to acting skills IMO 

Edited by infinity101 - 2 years ago

Because of nepotism. 

She had a charm,  decent actress and very pretty still didn’t get good movies even giving hit films. 

But the likes of Sonam, Alia or Aananya get movies on a platter no matter how mediocre they are.

Originally posted by Blood_Sacrifice

Because that way she could at least be nominated - it would have been really difficult to crack into the best actress list because that year was stacked with power-packed performances (and Rao's acting wasn't great enough to make it into the best actress category anyway). As a fan, I was happy that at least she got a nom. Lol.

Also, despite not having a career, she's extremely popular and still remains so. Just a few days ago, I found that in Facebook, she has over 7 million fans (in comparison, Preity Zinta has only 6 millions - that was utterly shocking in a good way).

yes I agree it is easier to win supporting actress

though Amrita did  have a career lol