Protection & taking over ~ The thin line

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

Taking a moment to appreciate this piece of writing and performance ✋ 

"In order to protect our sisters we takeover their life....It must be so suffocating for you girls right?" ~ Ahaan Veer Malhotra ✨ 

I m glad they brought this issue in front of audience.. its.actually true brothers r told to protect their sisters but while doing that they take over their lives..

They need to show protecting sisters doesnt mean controlling her life.. it means be there wid her when she need smone who is no parent or frnd.. its brothers..

Edited by Ariyatogether - 2 years ago

This part was really good!! How the pressure to protect gets converted to controlling. Ahaan has seriously had pressure to be the parental figure in Sonu’s life and went overboard with his good intentions. It was a needed realization for Ahaan to see that his attitude has been wrong and to have him acknowledge this.

This one (along with Karthik's scene with Daadi and Chachi where he calls out Daadi) were my most favorite scenes from today's epi. That conversation between Ahaan and Sonu was much needed, and honestly I wasn't expecting for the makers to pay attention to this. The previous epi had Raj-Sonu confrontation and then today's Sonu-Ahaan heart-to-heart--I'm super impressed with both. 

One of the things I loved about this scene was the way Ahaan highlighted this issue starting from the personal and going the general picture and then coming back to the personal again, and all the while not making it look too preachy. It seemed like him discovering for the first time how, despite his good intentions, he fell short because he failed to see the bigger picture, and how this is not an ideal thing to do even though the whole society has normalized it. This Sonu incident is actually the first time I have seen Ahaan realizing that just because samaaj and log made something acceptable doesn't mean it cannot be challenged. Excellent scene❤️