Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Have you guys voted for the Goodreads choice awards?

MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anam...

Do you girls have a monthly TBR written down or in your head or do just go with the flow and read as per your mood?

I just go with recent recommendations

Anam... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: evilxbalaa

Have you guys voted for the Goodreads choice awards?

No, I’ve hardly read any of the books on the list to vote. Have you voted?

MochaQueen thumbnail

No, I’ve hardly read any of the books on the list to vote. Have you voted?

I havent voted in the finals yet.

23Diya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hey girls! Sorry for being MIA for so long. Life has become too busy but I got a few days of holiday. I hope you're all doing fine. 

Have any of you read Rock, Paper, Scissors by Alice Feeney? I think it was mentioned in this group some time ago. If you read it, did you like it? Did you think jt was wrapped up properly? Because I was left with a question that made me take a couple of points off the rating of an otherwise good book.

MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: 23Diya

Hey girls! Sorry for being MIA for so long. Life has become too busy but I got a few days of holiday. I hope you're all doing fine. 

Have any of you read Rock, Paper, Scissors by Alice Feeney? I think it was mentioned in this group some time ago. If you read it, did you like it? Did you think jt was wrapped up properly? Because I was left with a question that made me take a couple of points off the rating of an otherwise good book.

Its on my TBR list but my friend has read and liked it.

I did finish Behind Closed Doors though. I really liked it. I was hooked but the ending was kinda disappointing.

Anam... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

I know; most of our lives have gone back to how it was earlier. I’m doing okay, hope you are also doing fine. 

I started listening to it as an audiobook but then realised I’d like to read the book rather than listen to it, so pushed it aside for later. 

Edited by Anam... - 2 years ago
23Diya thumbnail

Originally posted by: evilxbalaa

Its on my TBR list but my friend has read and liked it.

I did finish Behind Closed Doors though. I really liked it. I was hooked but the ending was kinda disappointing.

Disappointing endings are somehow worse than stories that are bad from the very beginning. You can't even dnf it.😆

23Diya thumbnail

I know; most of our lives have gone back to how it was earlier. I’m doing okay, hope you are also doing fine. 

Exactly! And yes, I'm doing well. I just hope we don't have to face another lockdown. I'm just so done with it. 😵 

I started listening to it as an audiobook but then realised I’d like to read the book rather than listen to it, so pushed it aside for later. 
Oh, do read it if you get the time. It's a rather thrilling book and kept me hooked throughout. There's only one thing I don't quite understand. Maybe it was explained in the book amd I missed it.🤔 Who knows? But overall, it was a very good read.

MochaQueen thumbnail

Disappointing endings are somehow worse than stories that are bad from the very beginning. You can't even dnf it.😆

I find most endings of mystery/thrillers disappointing. I understand how difficult it is to give a proper closure with impact to such a story. I think only Sidney Sheldon wrote them perfectly😆