Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

23Diya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: evilxbalaa

I find most endings of mystery/thrillers disappointing. I understand how difficult it is to give a proper closure with impact to such a story. I think only Sidney Sheldon wrote them perfectly😆

I've only read 1 of his books. It was good but it did not motivate me to read something else by him. I think it was clled If Tomorrow Comes. It gave me the feel of a Bollywood movie with way to much running and almost nothing meaningful. But I'm easily pleased, so I find most of my books enjoyable. 

23Diya thumbnail

Happy New Year girls! 🥳

How was your last year, readingwise? Total books, meaningful books that you'll remember for  long time?

Edited by 23Diya - 2 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: 23Diya

I've only read 1 of his books. It was good but it did not motivate me to read something else by him. I think it was clled If Tomorrow Comes. It gave me the feel of a Bollywood movie with way to much running and almost nothing meaningful. But I'm easily pleased, so I find most of my books enjoyable. 

I honestly don't remember what that one was about, my favourite is Are You Afraid Of The Dark.

I guess I am not easy to please then.😆

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

I read Are You Afraid of the Dark a day before my Psych exam in 12th boards 😆🤣 I used to do wild stuff like that! 

Anam... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Happy New Year girls 🥳 Hope the coming year gives you many reasons to be happy and celebrate. Stay healthy and happy ❤️

Anam... thumbnail

I’ve read all the books written by Sidney Sheldon. He was my favourite author at one point. My favourites are Tell Me Your Dreams, Master of the Game, The Sands of Time and Windmills of the Gods

The first book I read of his was Rage of Angels, which was my mom’s favourite Sheldon novel.  

Anam... thumbnail

Originally posted by: 23Diya

Happy New Year girls! 🥳

How was your last year, readingwise? Total books, meaningful books that you'll remember for  long time?

I read a little less than I did in 2020. I read 56 books last year (includes audiobooks as well). 
I won’t say I stepped out of my comfort zone reading wise, but I did deviate a bit. This year I hope to read more books outside my comfort zone. 

Some of the books I liked (some on the list I liked because they were different from what I usually read). In no particular order - 

1. Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto

2. Ghosts by Dolly Alderton

3. The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood

4. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

5. Misery by Stephen King

6. Radio Silence by Alice Oseman

7. I’m Thinking of Ending Things by Iain Reid

8. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anam...

I’ve read all the books written by Sidney Sheldon. He was my favourite author at one point. My favourites are Tell Me Your Dreams, Master of the Game, The Sands of Time and Windmills of the Gods

The first book I read of his was Rage of Angels, which was my mom’s favourite Sheldon novel.  

I need to read all his books again because ive forgotten them now😆

MochaQueen thumbnail

I read a little less than I did in 2020. I read 56 books last year (includes audiobooks as well). 
I won’t say I stepped out of my comfort zone reading wise, but I did deviate a bit. This year I hope to read more books outside my comfort zone. 

Some of the books I liked (some on the list I liked because they were different from what I usually read). In no particular order - 

I surprisingly read 78 books I think. My goal was 40. This year I have set my goal to 80😆

Read The girl with the louding voice if you havent already. Its quite similar to a thousand splendid suns. I am really liking it

23Diya thumbnail

That's still a lot of books. I read the most last year, and still couldn't reach that number.

I've read only 2 of these books, A Thousand Splendid Suns and Rebecca. And even that was for this book club. You're right, these two were really good books. I've also heard a lot about A Love Hypothesis but never got to reading it. And i don't know what it is with Stephen King but I never feel like starting his books, although I've liked both of those I've read.