For the love of DANCE 💃 - All Shows

felixfelilah thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I realized we were talking too much about the last seasons in the main thread, which is unfair to newbies of the show πŸ˜† So here's where we can discuss all our previous faves πŸ₯³

Attaching the playlist for each seasons here -

Season 1 - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzufeTFnhupzPnrz6ldWjzX1eLx72ReC4

Season 2 - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzufeTFnhupxtVIucdPtfFZdAhOoduLu2

Season 3 - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzufeTFnhupylG4VKDdofxPDr5eMQSR5v

Season 4 - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzufeTFnhupw0DCnFbMdVaT5uWqNnBw4Q

Edit - We started discussing previous seasons of SD but soon ran out and started discussing all dance shows πŸ€£  So please scroll down if you're not interested in a particular show or discussion. And yes, feel free to chime in with your own favorites!

Edited by felixfelilah - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

felixfelilah thumbnail

I'll start with Season 1.

Fav pair - Vaibhav and Yogesh. This has to be one of the best-matched pairings ever on the show. Vaibhav never had a better student tbh. 

Fav kid - Yogesh. I have a special love for him. He was the reason I went ahead and watched SD2. The rest is history πŸ˜† My second favorite would be Masoom. Also loved Ashish. For some reason, I couldn't tolerate Dipali even though she was a fadu performer!! πŸ₯±

Fav performances - 

Now this one's difficult. I absolutely loved Ditya and Yogesh's auditions. Still one of the most memorable auditions imo. Yogesh-Vaibhav's Hamaari Adhuri Kahaani act was unforgettable. 

Masoom and Palden were another amazing pair. Their grand premier on Fitoor gave me goosebumps, Their 'Black' act, all of the emotional performances, and their grand finale act was πŸ‘ I think Masoom showed the most improvement in the season, almost like Rupsa. She was the most deserving to be winner. I actually thought she would win because she never came in the eliminations. But suddenly Ditya and Ruel came out of nowhere and won πŸ€”

This season was also the most drama-free and 'real' I think. All the kids got a fair chance. The only Top 12 selection who got in for the 'cute' factor was Mahi Soni, but she was the first to get eliminated. And 'twas the only season where all of the top 5 were very tough competitors πŸ”₯

Idk whether enough of you remember the seasons, but if anyone's up for it, I'm happy to discuss 

Justice4Samosa thumbnail

I loved Dipali in season 1 and Rupsa/Jayshree in season 3. I somehow don't remember most of the contestants from the past seasons even though I watched all the seasons last year during lockdown. πŸ˜†πŸ€”

I think I know most of it by the acts than the names. I used to like the girl Aishwariya would choreograph. Forgot her name. Both in season 2 and 3.

Edited by MommaDarling - 2 years ago
felixfelilah thumbnail

Originally posted by: MommaDarling

I loved Dipali in season 1 and Rupsa/Jayshree in season 3. I somehow don't remember most of the contestants from the past seasons even though I watched all the seasons last year during lockdown. πŸ˜†πŸ€”

I think I know most of it by the acts than the names. I used to like the girl Aishwariya would choreograph. Forgot her name. Both in season 2 and 3.

Yeah, Dipali was one of the gems Sony presented to reality TV industry. She went on to win another show, starred in a Sony serial, and still doing shows... Her Helen act, and her act with Rupsa were 🀩🀩 I think there hasn't been anybody else who can match her expressions. Maybe Mishti.

I actually remember all the kids more than the performers lol πŸ˜† Love Jayshree! She always justified every performance, but I can't remember any of her acts in particular πŸ˜’  Looooved little Rupsa too. Her acts were the most noteworthy tbh, so many amazing ones! But seeing her on Insta kinda threw me off πŸ€‘

I wasn't a huge fan of Shagun-Aishwarya. But she started out as an average dancer and proved me wrong πŸ‘πŸΌ My favorites that season were Akash and Ritik.  Mishti from the auditions, but she wasn't that good later on.

Akash's Ae Dil Hai Mushkil act, if I may say so, was one of THE BEST performances I have seen in SD. Idk, that was just pure adrenaline and goosebumps the first time I watched it. He had soo many other good ones too though. Vivek was ingenious that season.

felixfelilah thumbnail

Originally posted by: robedward

I remember now S3 duet act episode, anil kapoor was there. Jay and Devika performed on "Yun Shabnami" πŸ₯°

I don't remember much of S1, but Yogesh was a πŸ’Ž. And Siddhant's performance on "Breathless" was really smiley42 Masum's solo on "Titli" smiley42

I used to watch those performance clippings of S2 in SonyLiv during the first lockdown too smiley37 for free, now need to pay to watch and i don't want that smiley39

I had a favorite contestant Vivek but unfortunately he got eliminated soooo early. His Malhari, Dum, Tu Hi Hein with Muskan smiley27Also Muskan's Apsara Ali, Dhol Baje, Singham. Mishti was the most unfortunate one. They didn't do any justice with her by pairing her up with the first choreographer (forgot his name) and then Palden. She was the most versatile in that season, totally robbed. 

Like S1, S2 also had a wrong winner, Ritik, Akash were strong contenders but then Bishal won. smiley23

I recently watched the Yun Shabnami act. Soooo pretty πŸ˜³ 

Went back and watched Siddhant's Breathless act. Mahn, goosebumps again πŸ‘ Shyam was a brilliant choreographer, and Siddhant deserved to be finalist :(( This act reminded me of Ritik-Pratik's Aashayein performance with the airplanes. One of my favorites πŸ’–

I looooved Vivek. That first time he performed without Ruel in the elimination round? Dude blew me away. He was so charming! It was totally unfair of the channel to eliminate him for no fault of his. They could just have replaced his guru 

Oooh totally forgot about Paul and Muskan. I was dumbstruck throughout Apsara Aali πŸ€ͺ They had so many other good performances too. I sometimes skip Paul's acts though, they require a certain state of mind to enjoy πŸ˜† 

Ikr, Mishti was totally robbed! Omkar did nothing with her considering how powerful her auditions were. Palden at least gave us good acts, but they were still mismatched. She and Vivek were very unlucky πŸ’”

In fact, whole of S2 was very unfair in the way they eliminated gems like Arushi, Vivek and Muskaan so early in the show just to keep the smaller kids for TRP. Akash Mitra and Vaishnavi were crap in terms of dance πŸ€”πŸ€‘ Bishal won only for his sob story and his innocence. Didn't mind it at the time- I really loved him during the season. It all changed after seeing his SMs though πŸ€‘πŸ˜†

robedward thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Dipali is a true entertainer. Dipali,Yogesh and Masoom were totally robbed. One of them deserved the title. Ditya came on strong in the audition but then during the season she was very average compared to others. I don't know what emotional factor worked for the audience to vote for her 

I watched S2 and S3 more than S1. And i remember the performances by the songs πŸ˜† 

Ruel was on πŸ”₯ with Vivek but his unfortunate injury led to their untimely elimination. I really liked that kid πŸ₯Ί

Mishti was robbed by not having the appropriate guru. Maybe Nishant would have been better for her than the other 2. Her style was unmatchable with any of the gurus and i think they didn't have any idea about what to do with her πŸ˜’ 

Akash and Ritik had the best performances in the whole season, Ritik more than Akash πŸ˜‹ Vivek totally outdone himself in every choreography. Same goes for Pratik. And the duet of Muskan and Pratik on Hawa Hawa...ufffff  that was the best from guru exchange, second best was Shagun and Hrishikesh on Har Kisi Ko Nehi Milta β€οΈ 

Both Ritik and Akash showed so much growth πŸ“ˆ throughout the season, at one point they were not shishya's, they were equals of their gurus. Again robbed robbed robbed.

If u think, Ditya was Mr Basu's favorite, Bishal was Shilpa's favorite, Rupsa was all 3 favorite. U see a pattern πŸ€£ i won't be surprised if Sir Sanchit wins S4 

robedward thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: felixfelilah

I looooved Vivek. That first time he performed without Ruel in the elimination round? Dude blew me away. He was so charming! It was totally unfair of the channel to eliminate him for no fault of his. They could just have replaced his guru 

Oooh totally forgot about Paul and Muskan. I was dumbstruck throughout Apsara Aali 

Ikr, Mishti was totally robbed! Omkar did nothing with her considering how powerful her auditions were. Palden at least gave us good acts, but they were still mismatched. She and Vivek were very unlucky πŸ’”

Akash Mitra and Vaishnavi were crap in terms of dance πŸ€”

Or they could have brought Vivek back in Wild Card with a new guru πŸ₯Ί 

I still go back to the Apsara Ali performance time to time. Everytime i watch i am overwhelmed like the judges were πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί. Fun fact: when Paul was in DID, he performed in this song choreographed by Geeta. He incorporated many of those moves into the one he choreographed for Muskan πŸ˜›

Palden is used to flipping and throwing the contestants πŸ˜‚ Muskan was small so he could handle her easily, but Mishti wasn't πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ even though he couldn't flip her around, still he wasn't the best choice for her from any angle. This was the most botched pairing in the history of SD πŸ₯Έ

Vaishnavi did give 2 awesome performances, the group one DJ wale Babu and the trio with Ditya. She was a bit better than Akash Mitra. But considering they were 5, they did pretty good. Even Akash's Lavni was super cute πŸ€£

Edited by robedward - 2 years ago
felixfelilah thumbnail

Dipali is a true entertainer. Dipali,Yogesh and Masoom were totally robbed. One of them deserved the title. Ditya came on strong in the audition but then during the season she was very average compared to others. I don't know what emotional factor worked for the audience to vote for her 

I watched S2 and S3 more than S1. And i remember the performances by the songs πŸ˜† 

Ruel was on πŸ”₯ with Vivek but his unfortunate injury led to their untimely elimination. I really liked that kid πŸ₯Ί

Mishti was robbed by not having the appropriate guru. Maybe Nishant would have been better for her than the other 2. Her style was unmatchable with any of the gurus and i think they didn't have any idea about what to do with her πŸ˜’ 

Akash and Ritik had the best performances in the whole season, Ritik more than Akash πŸ˜‹ Vivek totally outdone himself in every choreography. Same goes for Pratik. And the duet of Muskan and Pratik on Hawa Hawa...ufffff  that was the best from guru exchange, second best was Shagun and Hrishikesh on Har Kisi Ko Nehi Milta β€οΈ 

Both Ritik and Akash showed so much growth πŸ“ˆ throughout the season, at one point they were not shishya's, they were equals of their gurus. Again robbed robbed robbed.

If u think, Ditya was Mr Basu's favorite, Bishal was Shilpa's favorite, Rupsa was all 3 favorite. U see a pattern πŸ€£ i won't be surprised if Sir Sanchit wins S4 

Ruel's choreography is a bit limited in reality shows. He is more suited for bollywood choreography than reality show. Otherwise, Ditya was pretty good. I think rather than emotional factor, it was extensive promotions that worked for her. I saw a video where her father said they literally got all of Mumbai to vote for her. Plus, Ruel has got many connections.

S2 and S3 are soo rewatchable hehe πŸ˜† I remember performances more by how they made me feel.. emotional, happy, thrilled... 😌 

I like looking at Vivek's insta sometimes. It also helps that all these kids are still friends so you see everyone in everyone else's feeds πŸ˜ƒ

Mishti did perform with Nishant in the guru swap. Maybe they also wanted to see her swapped that way lol. But I remember how good she was in IBD. Maybe Sonali would have suited her well. She now mostly does hip-hop though. Most of the kids do, since they've all joined Ruel's team πŸ˜†

Saaame. I loved Ritik the most πŸ’— I feel Akash's potential wasn't explored much because Vivek's choreography, while genius, didn't experiment with him in terms of dance. I really wanted to see Akash do more πŸ˜’ Shagun Hrishikesh were damn creative! They won the performance of the day I think. Muskan was so versatile! Matching perfectly with Pratik 

Also, did you know that Ritik, Akash and Yogesh are best friends? I was sooo happy about that lol. Actually, I only watched SD2 when I saw Yogesh's Q&A on his channel where he mentioned how Akash and Ritik were his best friends whom he met on SD2... I was curious how that happened and also learnt that SD1 kids make a guest appearance on SD2... So I went ahead and watched the auditions.. and well, didn't stop πŸ˜‚ I don't know how I would've felt if either Akash or Ritik had won... I was okay with Bishal due to that lol. Anyways, Akash is the most popular kid now, so doesn't matter who won πŸ˜†

Hehe, I don't think the judges favorite have any upper hand. Dipali was Geeta's favorite. Akash was Dada and Geeta's favorite as well. And Tejas was also their favorite. So I'm pretty sure the show isn't fixed in terms of winner. But I think Akash maybe had a chance to win if it wasn't live voting in s2 πŸ€”

felixfelilah thumbnail

Or they could have brought Vivek back in Wild Card with a new guru πŸ₯Ί 

I still go back to the Apsara Ali performance time to time. Everytime i watch i am overwhelmed like the judges were πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί. Fun fact: when Paul was in DID, he performed in this song choreographed by Geeta. He incorporated many of those moves into the one he choreographed for Muskan πŸ˜›

Palden is used to flipping and throwing the contestants πŸ˜‚ Muskan was small so he could handle her easily, but Mishti wasn't πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ even though he couldn't flip her around, still he wasn't the best choice for her from any angle. This was the most botched pairing in the history of SD πŸ₯Έ

Vaishnavi did give 2 awesome performances, the group one DJ wale Babu and the trio with Ditya. She was a bit better than Akash Mitra. But considering they were 5, they did pretty good. Even Akash's Lavni was super cute πŸ€£

Vivek did come back in wildcard, but their act wasn't that good to get selected. So Vaishnavi & Akash in, Vivek out smiley19

Wow really?! That's new. I will have to search for that performance now. Also, wasn't Paul just a choreographer in DID? I thought he was Dharmesh's right hand. Never knew he was a contestant.

But we can admit that Palden's flips and stunts are soo good to watch. He and Masoom moved like a single soul  Maybe he was trying that with Mishti when she got injured πŸ˜• As for bad pairings, I'd argue Omkar-Mishti was worse πŸ˜† I thought Neerja-Bhavna was a pretty bad decision too, but they are improving.

Yeah, some of her performances were good. I liked Vaishnavi. She was cute, and very very sharp for her age. Akash's Lavni was awesome πŸ€ͺ Credits to Vivek for that. But in no way were these two better than Arushi or Muskan. Arushi came ninth in the show!

hapc thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I didn’t see season 1. I saw a bit of season 2 and season 3 mostly. Some of the most memorable acts for me were:

Season 2:

Akash and Vivek’s statue tera chehra jab nazar aaye act

Arushi and Nishant ball dance(not sure about style) on kabhi kabhi mere dil mein

Ritik and Pratik sufi act on afreen afreen

Season 3:

Jayshree and Anuradha’s horror act

Dipali and Rupsa’s act on hothon pe aisi baat(I must say the only act where I didn’t watch Rupsa as much because Dipali’s expressions were so good)

Tejas, Ditya and Tushar on Man Mohini

Edited by hapc - 2 years ago