Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

Episode 02

Ep 03: Urs

Yesterday's highlight, the pearls scattering and then Gupta's uttering the words of Khushi being a foster child, an adopted child in the family started with Khushi asking Arnav, "Aap ki didi ke bare mein koi aise bole, toh aap kya bolenge ge!" 

Yesterday Arnav simply threatens by showing her the destruction he can cause when someone even utters the name of his sister with the idea of malice or ill thoughts. Today, the reason for Arnav to truly scatter Khushi's life begins. 

We see the episode opening with Khushi recalling the harsh words she's heard the night before and preparing to light something on fire. I absolutely love the inclusion of Arnav's taunt of status and wealth in the recollection. Arnav made an impression on her and as much reason Khushi has to dislike him, their is no denying that like the magnetic pull Arnav felt towards the girl whom he refused to let go until she removed her hand from his collar, Khushi also felt his pull towards her. Arnav is here to stay in her mind. 

The implication that Khushi might take a drastic step aligns with how every single action of Khushi can appear more exaggerated than it is only because of who Khushi is. In this instance, we see the unraveling of Khushi to some extent. She doesn't claim to be put together, and we slowly begin to understand that how Khushi's strength lies in her ability to embrace her vulnerabilities and mistakes. The moment she hides something is when she becomes weak.

While making jalebis, there are I believe prices next to food items on the board. 16, 7, 10. I can't read Hindi so I won't go much into it but every single shot in IPK to include numbers, colours, and even ambiguous dialogue had something layered behind it. I absolutely loved the metaphorical alignment the script used.

I also loved the shape of Khushi's jalebis. With unfathomable amount of ruckus caused, the jalebis reflect her inner turmoil. We later see the significance of it when she ends up writing Arnav's name in jalebis. The growing pile of it is also reflective of how much distress she finds herself in and feels responsible for.

Returning to Lucknow hasn't been fun for Arnav's PTSD, however for now he's able to think clearly enough to know that the news of his show being ruined shouldn't be coming out to the masses. For someone who is private, hard to reach, only shows up in selective events, and keeps a close circle, a major company event being ruined with his presence there, and him being involved is a scandal for AR and can tarnish his own reputation at being a perfectionist. Funny, how few words of Khushi completely eat away at any semblance of brain for whatever time being she is present.

Anjali is still lurking around, and she's a catalyst in us understanding Arnav outside of ASR. His anger is fake. A shield. Being ASR for the world protects him in his own eyes. Also bitwa eating oats when he's on his own but indulging whatever his family puts out on the dinner table whenever they are around shows that even if he disagrees, he respects their choices. At her insistence, and prioritising her comfort, Arnav agrees to go to the dargah in her place. Unintentionally it is Anjali and Shyam who bring Khushi and Arnav closer to each other. Yesterday's mishap included alluding to Anjali's presence by Khushi. Today, Anjali who only wishes for her Chotte's happiness has sent him on the way to meet the girl who'll be his world for the second time. Shyam's relevancy doesn't find its footing without Anjali being the reason for Arnav's wrath unleashed on Khushi.

Back here Khushi betiya has been in full swing with Jalebi Everests. There are three stacks in sight.

Khushi strives to make things right for her family. Even on the two occasions when they remind her of her orphaned status, she truly doesn't give up on their love and acceptance and finds a way back. It's symbolic of how Khushi as a person rarely gives up on love when it means something to her. She is willing to do anything which translates into her rather crooked moral compass which is also ruled by what bring happiness to those she loves. After all, the internalised message is "Khoon ke rishte se, Dil ke rishte bare hote hain!" Shashi assures Khushi of the blessings in disguise. I love his validation of her intentions. It is clear throughout the series, that if Khushi walks with her head high even after some of her decisions appear misplaced, it's because of Shashi's upbringing that she finds herself confident in her own ability to manoeuvre because she believes in the purity of her intentions and hopes that Devi Mayyian is able to understand the reasons behind her actions just as much as she does even if no one else does so. 

I find that besides Shashi, occasionally Payal, the only other person to truly understand Khushi for her intentions is Arnav. While he eventually goes on to find the chaos she leaves behind her amusing, his respect for her cements through his understanding of how her moral compass is governed by love and intentions to do good for others rather than herself. 

If Arnav is Anjali's Chotte, then Khushi is Shashi's Chutki. Ah, how I wish Shashi would've manage to recover somewhat by the end of the show. His and Khushi's relationship is a beautiful one.

The support of their neighbours seems to put Garima and Bua ji at ease a lot more than earlier when people were gossiping about the returned barat. One of the old ladies in this scene is also present in Bua ji's Laxminagar and kisses Arnav on the forehead. Ah, ipk truly had it's moment with recycling of background actors. πŸ˜†

Khushi tends to stand behind people who support her when she is being vilified or attacked from all sides. She moves behind Garima when the goons try to come after her. In this scene with the neighbours, she stands behind Shashi. The only other person she seeks protection from besides her parents is Arnav. 

Gupta gang on their way to the urs have their car stalled whereas Arnav directs his driver to drive faster. A contrast in the way the Raizadas and Guptas world works. 

As Khushi steps out of the car, a red chunni flies on her face. Blessings all around 

ImageImage

Arnav on the other hand, I think, he sensed the difference. He even goes onto remember the dupatta on his face. This episode is the first instance of Khushi nicknaming Arnav, Laad Governor. 

Throughout the entire Dargah sequence, the lines "muramat kardo muqadar ki maula!" repeat over the two when they are in the same frame. Their fates intertwined are going to find solace in each other, find their ability to heal with each other. Poetic! 

Also, as they both are walking towards the shrine, they are offered blessings which Khushi readily accepts however Arnav rejects. It's an interesting juxtaposition from Khushi rejecting a lot of Devi Mayyian's signs of accepting Arnav as her protector and companion where as it doesn't take Arnav long to understand the effect Khushi's had on his ability to think since the very first moment. 

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Also, it's hilarious how she's asking to be able to see him once again so she can make him realise how wrong he'd been and all the while he's sitting right across from her. 

ImageImage

While Arnav sits silently, making no prayers, Khushi prays for her sister's happiness. But it's after this moment that their journey really starts. For now, it's been the divine stars, the blessings, the coincidences. With this confrontation between the two, Arnav turns the coincidences into a string of events he begrudgingly has to take credit for. Of course Devi Mayyian aided in these decisions, but ASR wanted to play god as well, so here we are;

ImageImage

He recognises her voice. if it's wishful thinking on my part that he sensed her presence and her dupatta, then this one is no wishful thinking. Bitwa is finely attuned to betiya's voice and presence, and he realises that his sense beforehand weren't betraying him. He isn't surprised to see her, she IS.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Khushi's who just vowed to make this man realise his mistake runs after he tells her to throw the mannat ki chabi he dropped. We all can go on and on about the significance of this key because it plays such a huge role in Khushi's ability to practice her Haq and ownership over whatever simmers between them but most importantly I found this scene as a foreshadowing of how Arnav treats his happiness. He goes to the mazar on the insistence of his sister. He trusts his feelings about Khushi later onwards using his sister's words as a backdrop except that once Khushi falls from his eyes (Shyam & terrace), he begrudgingly ties her to himself mostly because even in pain he finds himself to be the only one to have the right to hurt her. And here he doesn't care for whatever the key might hold. Khushi who doesn't give up when it come to love whether of family's, or his', holds on to the love just like how later onwards, Khushi holds onto the love that was between them whereas Arnav does his best to to remove memory he possibly could.

Arnav Singh Raizada, running 10-15 mins late to his meeting stops for this girl when we just saw him a day earlier walking past people he didn't care to answer. But he stops here. Arnav stopping to listen to this girl, heaving and panting with her hair falling off pins goes to show how important Khushi has become.

Also, god Khushi truly does come as a storm. Rushing past she tells people she'll come back to apologise. 

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Episode 04

Edited by dramebaaz.af - 2 years ago
IPodcastKKND thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Episode 1

Uff! What an analysis - from the title till the very last word, totally encapsulated the thoughts/plot of this epic 30 mins episode. I've always found the first episode incredibly compelling - something R and I rave about in our podcast - because it just has all the right ingredients for a gripping start!

"arre khushi ka mawqa hai!" 

one of my favourite things about ipkknd were the possibly double meaning of dialogues.

Yes yes yes! That's indeed one of the best things about IPK - they really thought about their dialogues! 

Also Payal's character's demure and ever-pleasing nature is established from the get go. While Bua ji is singing for her outside, she is worried about Khushi and her father instead of enjoying. The stoic tendency to please others and care for others before observing her own happiness stands out however her ability to go along until someone else takes the first step also shows her status as the elder daughter, whose often lauded as the perfect daughter of the house taking play.

Oh I genuinely love the way you've described Payal. And it's actually pretty consistent for most of the show (I think she lacked from more content instead of inconsistent writing). 

I know they try to tell us Khushi is around early adult years like 18, I really thought she passed as someone who was 21 and 22 through mannerism and with the bday tracks, I'm using that age as cannon. smiley14

You know I like to think that this story happened over a period of 2-3 years? Lol it might look funny but I think that there's often a missed month/six months every now and then so I think she legit aged up from Lucknow to Delhi days. And they all totally aged up 2/3 years by the end of the show. 

I love the shot of Khushi's motorcycle leaving the gates and stopping at the signal for the chopper to fly over and her being the only one to look up in the shot. 

OKAY THAT IS MY ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE SCENE OK. WHEN THAT SHOT PLAYED MY HEART LEAPED A WEE BIT AND I KNEW THAT I AM DIGGING THIS! It had such an impact that I have dhak dhaks when a chopper flies over me. It's such a subtle yet STRONG way of showing this fated connection!

Basically I am in love with what you wrote and I cannot wait to read more - although it'll take me more time to comment on the others πŸ€£ given that I'm a lazy butt when it comes to typing. 

Lots of love,

S

P.S: Would you like to be on the podcast? I have a feeling you'll like being there πŸ˜†

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3YK-cQC3fI 

Laad-Governess thumbnail

You know I like to think that this story happened over a period of 2-3 years? Lol it might look funny but I think that there's often a missed month/six months every now and then so I think she legit aged up from Lucknow to Delhi days. And they all totally aged up 2/3 years by the end of the show. 

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Yessssss!! I think that too!! I like to think When Arnav gifted Khushi those Jalebis, Salman ka poster, channa, Gol Gappa, pearl necklace, few weeks passed after that night, which they didn't show us!!! (When Arnav apologized in an appropriate way, they conversed, became comfortable with interaction) Then Dadi arrived!! Otherwise, how on earth Khushi just hugs Arnav from behind, how is she so comfortable within 24 hours and Arnav ain't surprised at all? And What you said on the podcast, they took therapy, then they arrived at the Shantivan from Guptas. That's what makes sense. Even after Shyam's second reveal, They didn't try to do anything to cheer up Anjali! I like to think Khushi and Arnav took care of Anjali, took the whole family for holidays, then ArShi had their Honeymoon. After that Arnav's Birthday should come! Otherwise, Anjali is damn broken and they just do nothing and she's okay?!

Laad-Governess thumbnail

If Arnav is Anjali's Chotte, then Khushi is Shashi's Chutki. Ah, how I wish Shashi would've manage to recover somewhat by the end of the show. His and Khushi's relationship is a beautiful one.

Few things I liked about EJ, They bothered to tell us Shashi is fine now, he runs his own business πŸ˜Š

Also, god Khushi truly does come as a storm. Rushing past she tells people she'll come back to apologise. 

🀣🀣hum aake maafi mangte hain🀣🀣

Arnav Singh Raizada, running 10-15 mins late to his meeting stops for this girl when we just saw him a day earlier walking past people he didn't care to answer. But he stops here. Arnav stopping to listen to this girl, heaving and panting with her hair falling off pins goes to show how important Khushi has become.

Great Observation!!πŸ‘πŸΌ

Absolutely loving your recaps πŸ’˜

Edited by Laad-Governess - 2 years ago
PriyaArshiSarun thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 5 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: dramebaaz.af

I am providing hotstar links since due to copyright we aren't allowed to share other links but I'll try to create a google drive type situation; s1e1

Ep 1: That fateful Night

ah the first look! the first impressions and the first introductions. it's interesting how the first snapshot after introducing us to Lucknow is of the Guptas. While both the families belong from the same city, it's now after 14 years that Arnav is at the point to take what is rightfully his, that Khushi breaks past the gates of his shell. 

I love that bua ji's, the fiercely protective guardian of the two girls later onwards entrusted with their responsibility when they are sent to Delhi with her is the one introducing us to whose day it'll be. 

"arre khushi ka mawqa hai!" 

one of my favourite things about ipkknd were the possibly double meaning of dialogues. of course, it's a blissful and happy day for the daughter of the house is about to get married but today also marks the day where Arnav think he's won from his past. He is unaware that Khushi or happiness will come knocking at his door in span of few hours. Khushi is unaware that the turmoil her recklessness will pull through will lead to her, and her sister's best decisions of life.

Khushi's introductory dialogues reveal that despite being nervous she doesn't shy away from doing whatever she thinks is 'right'. I've always maintained that Khushi's moral compass is driven from the understanding of morality but whether whatever decision she makes will make the person she's doing that particular action for or from happy or sad. Right now, the shop being mortgage is going to take all of Guptas' assets and savings away. It'll also endanger her sister's happiness if the demand for dowry doesn't stop. While Khushi is right, as we know Shashi assures her afterwards, her going behind everyone to fix the situation herself isn't. These actions establish a running theme with Khushi's character. She is the definition of chaos and regardless of her intentions, things do tend to explode a lot in her face. 

Also Payal's character's demure and ever-pleasing nature is established from the get go. While Bua ji is singing for her outside, she is worried about Khushi and her father instead of enjoying. The stoic tendency to please others and care for others before observing her own happiness stands out however her ability to go along until someone else takes the first step also shows her status as the elder daughter, whose often lauded as the perfect daughter of the house taking play.

The first look of Khushi, we see her eyes. 

The eyes have a big role to play with both Arnav and Khushi, and to see the clarity and courage in Khushi's eyes from the first instance is just a beautiful directorial decision. 

I also love Khushi's face reveal just as she is justifying her actions and revealing the same to Devi Ma. This is Devi Mayyian's child. Her absolute favourite and the closet confidant before Payal for Khushi! Sanaya looked absolutely ethereal in the first episode. The lengha is beautiful, the subdued green with pink with gota all over suits Khushi. Her switching out her khussas for tennis shoes few seconds earlier showing the unconventionality she doesn't shy away from. My only qualm is the amount of bronzer they put on Sanaya's face. (cough cough *colorism*) 

Again with Khushi's moral compass, she wouldn't have stolen the milk man bike along with milk crates on the side if she actually took decisions which she thought through. Milk symbolises fertility and abundance blessed from gods. Khushi running away with stolen milk is a good use of metaphors in direction with Khushi being the force of change for everyone around her. Today in particular with Payal and Arnav's life. Also, 20,000 rs is symbolise the how the universe is shifting for the Guptas at least in the beginning. 20 being the universal number of harmony, balance and blessings and adding 0s to it which symbolise a divine journey. Three zeros simplify the divine journey Khushi has set out on and taken others along with her. The journey starting with loss will one day end with the gains Guptas didn't ever dream about. These little details were what pulled me into the script the first time around and seeing it repeat reinforces for me at least that I am glad to have been on this journey of Khushi and Arnav's from day one. (I started watching around the teej episodes).

Shashi's red kurta, I think at one point Shyam and NK both wore this during A & K's marriage. The recycling of wardrobes. πŸ₯±

Shashi and Garima's conversation reveal the compliance that comes with being a woman in society and is understood by perhaps Garima and Bua ji. Shashi on the other hand might give into the norms, is also someone who stands against the injustices practiced in name of tradition and I love him for it! I really wish we had seen him recover before the show ended. A conversation between him and Arnav would've been heartwarming to witness since they both seem to align on their moral perspective of the world to an extent. 

I know they try to tell us Khushi is around early adult years like 18, I really thought she passed as someone who was 21 and 22 through mannerism and with the bday tracks, I'm using that age as cannon. 

We finally have the entry of our rakhshas urf rajkummar

I love the shot of Khushi's motorcycle leaving the gates and stopping at the signal for the chopper to fly over and her being the only one to look up in the shot. 

ImageImage

ImageImage

Ah ASR, Arnav Singh Raizada. He oozes arrogance, attitude, entitlement, purpose, and luxury. This is not an ordinary man and makes sure everyone around him remembers that. Of courses betiya didn't care about any. of it and that wasn't okay, at all!

With the first pap question we already know the this man has an established reputation of being hard to reach, of being mysterious, and making calculated decisions which leave others stumped in light of his age and experience. The second and third follow up are questions are just as enthralling. This is one of the most eligible bachelors and not many know much about his personal life. His mysteriously magnetic persona also begs answers to know why they're exceptions in him making a presence at events he is hosting in smaller cities of the country. All these questions and he answers nothing. Just calmly walks past. But we get hints. There's a past. A haunting one with a broken marriage, death, and a mother. 

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

"Hum usoolon ke bare pakke hain!" 

"Usooloon se somjhota nahi karte!"

ah chacha ji! where else do we go on to hear these lines from? Dadi ji. How ironic that a woman and her son taking pride in their ability to stick to rules, morals, traditions, are the ones at mercy of this man whose morals are deemed questionable throughout, who doesn't advertise morality, nor preach verse of tradition. These are also the people who wronged him and his sister as a kid. The Maliks left Arnav and Anjali at a place where they couldn't use their name without feeling disgraced. And now here, fourteen years later Arnav stands on the same grounds he was was told to leave from. I love the 630 above Arnav. The number signifying success. Apt! The white dove signifying the turmoil ending to some degree with the Arnav Malik rightfully taking what was his, a reign of peace. 

In contrast Payal and Khushi once again having the conversation about what they're doing is right or not brings us to a contrast in decision making abilities. Arnav's move was calculated. He went over Chachaji's head to buy from the man the havali was mortgaged to. Khushi's move is driven through impulse of protecting her sister's happiness. 

Khushi's words abut dil, zameer, paisa are hilarious because the man she loathes for the same reason is the one she is unable to hate. Oh how the tables turn! 

I love Anjali's introduction. The first words are Arnav. The first interaction in the flashback of her's is with Arnav. The siblings are each others' first friends, first confidants, first people. Anjali wearing very thick visible sindoor after we just saw an ambiguous flash back of hers at her wedding is such a perfect example of Raizada's not being much different than the Maliks in their quest to bury the past and refuse to answer questions. Anjali wearing yellow in a see of red is such a perfect repression of what she means to Arnav. Yellow symbolises happiness, sunshine, brightness. Khushi later showing up in Green is also such a beautiful thing as green symbolises rebirth, revitalisation, and reincarnation of life. The two women are everything for this man. 

We find out Arnav wanting to knock down Sheesh Mahal. Whether he does so or not, we don't find out. 

(The ipk Redux was amazing at plot analyses and predicting tracks through easter eggs in the show. The complete truth of Garima, Arnav's dad, Khushi's parents, Chachaji, Dadi ji, and Shyam being tied to their past was changed according to those theories and ofc they are theories not canon. but these narrative shifts annoyed me a lot which is why I think IPK would've been good as a finite series. It wouldn't have to adjust its tracks in accordance to trps. Regardless of this theories being right or wrong, we can already observe with the omission of Chacha ji that there were changes made. Ah well.)

I loved that poet dude. The insinuation of taking to rights and two lefts, and Khushi being lost in the labyrinth that was Sheesh mahal is apt in terms of how Khushi found her life tangled with Arnav's past later onwards. I love how Khushi always ended up unintentionally walking towards Arnav since this day onwards. We see that when she ends up at Shantivan with saris. We see that when she ends up in front of him after Shyam the first time around. 

and now for that fateful moment. The moment planned by the Gods. the moment where Khushi finds herself scared, her phone battery gone, she has no one and in a sea of people her eyes land at that one person. Interesting how she pulls up her dupatta just as that man stares her. Arnav's eyes when looking at Khushi find a way to admire her or in this case, he was straight up being disrespectful towards this strange girl. When she turns around to leave, she slips on the dupatta his staff had pinned on her and god, this man was taken aback by her. The first meeting derived anger from Arnav but also it pushed something he didn't hope to have to that extent. There is a pull between the two. He looks at her eyes, observes her trembling lips, and her hand, her hand clutches onto his collar which becomes a theme. The dupatta and Arnav's collar are two things that become so important in their ability to communicate their comfort to each other. 

And so it begins. The love story. The kahani of nafrat, of refusing to be indifferent but trying so so hard to be. 

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Episode 02

Great observation A. I literally love that scene when boy asked khushi about her Rajkumar and khushi saw up towards helicopter like showing her Rajkumar. Both Khushi and ASR are great. I love this show one of the reason is that here not change negative like Lavanya and also Nk. Both turn as khushi best friends. In other show after heartbreak the character turn negative and try to separate main pair taking revenge. I know NK is not in heartbreaking but In starting when he come, he love or we can say he like khushi but when he saw both khushi and Arnav eyes then he feel there are something between two of them so he back off. The background music of character show the depth of that character. IPKKND show us bonding of relationship like brother-sister or sister-sister or Brother- Brother, friendship.

Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Episode 02

Yesterday's highlight, the pearls scattering and then Gupta's uttering the words of Khushi being a foster child, an adopted child in the family started with Khushi asking Arnav, "Aap ki didi ke bare mein koi aise bole, toh aap kya bolenge ge!" 

Yesterday Arnav simply threatens by showing her the destruction he can cause when someone even utters the name of his sister with the idea of malice or ill thoughts. Today, the reason for Arnav to truly scatter Khushi's life begins. 

We see the episode opening with Khushi recalling the harsh words she's heard the night before and preparing to light something on fire. I absolutely love the inclusion of Arnav's taunt of status and wealth in the recollection. Arnav made an impression on her and as much reason Khushi has to dislike him, their is no denying that like the magnetic pull Arnav felt towards the girl whom he refused to let go until she removed her hand from his collar, Khushi also felt his pull towards her. Arnav is here to stay in her mind. 

The implication that Khushi might take a drastic step aligns with how every single action of Khushi can appear more exaggerated than it is only because of who Khushi is. In this instance, we see the unraveling of Khushi to some extent. She doesn't claim to be put together, and we slowly begin to understand that how Khushi's strength lies in her ability to embrace her vulnerabilities and mistakes. The moment she hides something is when she becomes weak.

While making jalebis, there are I believe prices next to food items on the board. 16, 7, 10. I can't read Hindi so I won't go much into it but every single shot in IPK to include numbers, colours, and even ambiguous dialogue had something layered behind it. I absolutely loved the metaphorical alignment the script used.

I also loved the shape of Khushi's jalebis. With unfathomable amount of ruckus caused, the jalebis reflect her inner turmoil. We later see the significance of it when she ends up writing Arnav's name in jalebis. The growing pile of it is also reflective of how much distress she finds herself in and feels responsible for.

Returning to Lucknow hasn't been fun for Arnav's PTSD, however for now he's able to think clearly enough to know that the news of his show being ruined shouldn't be coming out to the masses. For someone who is private, hard to reach, only shows up in selective events, and keeps a close circle, a major company event being ruined with his presence there, and him being involved is a scandal for AR and can tarnish his own reputation at being a perfectionist. Funny, how few words of Khushi completely eat away at any semblance of brain for whatever time being she is present.

Anjali is still lurking around, and she's a catalyst in us understanding Arnav outside of ASR. His anger is fake. A shield. Being ASR for the world protects him in his own eyes. Also bitwa eating oats when he's on his own but indulging whatever his family puts out on the dinner table whenever they are around shows that even if he disagrees, he respects their choices. At her insistence, and prioritising her comfort, Arnav agrees to go to the dargah in her place. Unintentionally it is Anjali and Shyam who bring Khushi and Arnav closer to each other. Yesterday's mishap included alluding to Anjali's presence by Khushi. Today, Anjali who only wishes for her Chotte's happiness has sent him on the way to meet the girl who'll be his world for the second time. Shyam's relevancy doesn't find its footing without Anjali being the reason for Arnav's wrath unleashed on Khushi.

Back here Khushi betiya has been in full swing with Jalebi Everests. There are three stacks in sight.

Khushi strives to make things right for her family. Even on the two occasions when they remind her of her orphaned status, she truly doesn't give up on their love and acceptance and finds a way back. It's symbolic of how Khushi as a person rarely gives up on love when it means something to her. She is willing to do anything which translates into her rather crooked moral compass which is also ruled by what bring happiness to those she loves. After all, the internalised message is "Khoon ke rishte se, Dil ke rishte bare hote hain!" Shashi assures Khushi of the blessings in disguise. I love his validation of her intentions. It is clear throughout the series, that if Khushi walks with her head high even after some of her decisions appear misplaced, it's because of Shashi's upbringing that she finds herself confident in her own ability to manoeuvre because she believes in the purity of her intentions and hopes that Devi Mayyian is able to understand the reasons behind her actions just as much as she does even if no one else does so. 

I find that besides Shashi, occasionally Payal, the only other person to truly understand Khushi for her intentions is Arnav. While he eventually goes on to find the chaos she leaves behind her amusing, his respect for her cements through his understanding of how her moral compass is governed by love and intentions to do good for others rather than herself. 

The support of their neighbours seems to put Garima and Bua ji at ease a lot more than earlier when people were gossiping about the returned barat. One of the old ladies in this scene is also present in Bua ji's Laxminagar and kisses Arnav on the forehead. Ah, ipk truly had it's moment with recycling of background actors. πŸ˜†

Khushi tends to stand behind people who support her when she is being vilified or attacked from all sides. She moves behind Garima when the goons try to come after her. In this scene with the neighbours, she stands behind Shashi. The only other person she seeks protection from besides her parents is Arnav. 

Gupta gang on their way to the urs have their car stalled whereas Arnav directs his driver to drive faster. A contrast in the way the Raizadas and Guptas world works. 

As Khushi steps out of the car, a red chunni flies on her face. Blessings all around 

ImageImage

Arnav on the other hand, I think, he sensed the difference. He even goes onto remember the dupatta on his face. This episode is the first instance of Khushi nicknaming Arnav, Laad Governor. 

Throughout the entire Dargah sequence, the lines "muramat kardo muqadar ki maula!" repeat over the two when they are in the same frame. Their fates intertwined are going to find solace in each other, find their ability to heal with each other. Poetic! 

Also, as they both are walking towards the shrine, they are offered blessings which Khushi readily accepts however Arnav rejects. It's an interesting juxtaposition from Khushi rejecting a lot of Devi Mayyian's signs of accepting Arnav as her protector and companion where as it doesn't take Arnav long to understand the effect Khushi's had on his ability to think since the very first moment. 

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Also, it's hilarious how she's asking to be able to see him once again so she can make him realise how wrong he'd been and all the while he's sitting right across from her. 

ImageImage

While Arnav sits silently, making no prayers, Khushi prays for her sister's happiness. But it's after this moment that their journey really starts. For now, it's been the divine stars, the blessings, the coincidences. With this confrontation between the two, Arnav turns the coincidences into a string of events he begrudgingly has to take credit for. Of course Devi Mayyian aided in these decisions, but ASR wanted to play god as well, so here we are;

ImageImage

He recognises her voice. if it's wishful thinking on my part that he sensed her presence and her dupatta, then this one is no wishful thinking. Bitwa is finely attuned to betiya's voice and presence, and he realises that his sense beforehand weren't betraying him. He isn't surprised to see her, she IS.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Khushi's who just vowed to make this man realise his mistake runs after he tells her to throw the mannat ki chabi he dropped. We all can go on and on about the significance of this key because it plays such a huge role in Khushi's ability to practice her Haq and ownership over whatever simmers between them but most importantly I found this scene as a foreshadowing of how Arnav treats his happiness. He goes to the mazar on the insistence of his sister. He trusts his feelings about Khushi later onwards using his sister's words as a backdrop except that once Khushi falls from his eyes (Shyam & terrace), he begrudgingly ties her to himself mostly because even in pain he finds himself to be the only one to have the right to hurt her. And here he doesn't care for whatever the key might hold. Khushi who doesn't give up when it come to love whether of family's, or his', holds on to the love just like how later onwards, Khushi holds onto the love that was between them whereas Arnav does his best to to remove memory he possibly could.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Episode 04

I love love love everything about this article. I love how they used the stereotypical tropes which are used to show suicidal tendencies and diffused them with the jalebi ki kadhai. Generally shows are very irresponsible when they represent suicidal ideation, but I love how, at least at this point, Khushi pulled herself out of it. The Gupta family sans buaji, in general, doesn't stop living their lives because of public shame.

I love how they didn't represent Payal as someone who shamed herself and stopped living. They are obviously upsetβ€”Payal more soβ€”'but not so much that they associate their entire self-worth to trashy people. I totally stan them, especially Payal, for knowing their self-worh. Garima obviously had an arc change within the two actors, but usne bhi hayye tauba nahi machai beyond an understandable sadness and reticence. None of them make Payal feel that her life was over because it truly wasn't.

This can be contrasted with Anjali's unhealed trauma w.r.t. her broken marriage. She does feel undeserving of a happy marriage because of her limp and is grateful to Shyam for loving her despite her disability. All her self-worth comes from the illusion of a happy marriageβ€” from Shyam. Such a marriage can neither be equal nor strong. Arnav knew that and even Anjali knew that subconsciously.

[I truly wish they had not made the only disabled character to be the most stereotypically tragic one but oh well!]

These two would do anything for their sisters even if they don't believe in it. Paradoxically, it is what brings them together. Incidentally, it wasn't even his mannat or his mannat ki chabi; they were Anjali's that brought him to the urs to make the Arziyans, he didn't make. She had wished for him to be happy and find love. One was at Khwaja ji to not pray for the things his sister wished for him, and another was praying for her sister's happiness. And in the background, Khwajaji was pulling the strings with the mannat ki chabi. It was by insolently dropping the chabi that Arnav ensured the fulfillment of all the Arziyan.

[Uff the soundtracks they used in the show were so on point]

They have constantly used Sufi metaphors and understanding of love throughout the show, and I love it. Their love wasn't only habibi but it moved beyond the body. It was mandated, haqiqi. That shot with the dupatta, uff! Arnav could sense her presence even if, at this stage, she couldn't sense him. And he would make the whole world stop for her even if tried to convince himself otherwise.

So, very mischievously Maulaji had ensured that from this point onwards all their paths lead to each other. Inhe rasta tu hi dikha...

Edited by Bluegrass - 2 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Episode 02

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Episode 04

Playing God and writing muqadar where some around them are praying for healing the fateful hearts....kar do murammat muqadar ki...

That Qawali is one of my the most fav

Ye he wasn't surprised at all and seems to know very well her essence by her Dupatta nd her voice...oh

how can he forget she is the one who told him....hut jaye humare raastey se

today she was the one who came in front of him...

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Originally posted by: IPodcastKKND

Episode 1

Uff! What an analysis - from the title till the very last word, totally encapsulated the thoughts/plot of this epic 30 mins episode. I've always found the first episode incredibly compelling - something R and I rave about in our podcast - because it just has all the right ingredients for a gripping start!

-

Yes yes yes! That's indeed one of the best things about IPK - they really thought about their dialogues! 

-

Oh I genuinely love the way you've described Payal. And it's actually pretty consistent for most of the show (I think she lacked from more content instead of inconsistent writing). 

-

-

OKAY THAT IS MY ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE SCENE OK. WHEN THAT SHOT PLAYED MY HEART LEAPED A WEE BIT AND I KNEW THAT I AM DIGGING THIS! It had such an impact that I have dhak dhaks when a chopper flies over me. It's such a subtle yet STRONG way of showing this fated connection!

Basically I am in love with what you wrote and I cannot wait to read more - although it'll take me more time to comment on the others πŸ€£ given that I'm a lazy butt when it comes to typing. 

Lots of love,

S

P.S: Would you like to be on the podcast? I have a feeling you'll like being there πŸ˜†

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3YK-cQC3fI 

I've been meaning to email Ridz about the podcast since she PM-ed the first time around lol but yess would absolutely love it! I was listening to it on Spotify earlier but now keeping up on yt lol. πŸ˜Ž

will email you guys sometime before Sunday ends lol!

yes! the first few episodes are absolutely riveting to watch and the foreshadowing and metaphorical parallels make the script so much more stronger! IPK was always great at beginnings!

Most of the supporting characters remained pretty consistent. The lack of screen space after marriage might have something to do with it as well maybe πŸ˜†

I think it did happen over a year but we miss out on a couple of months like we see snippets of three months of their wedding instead of the all six months. Same with when Khushi was training Lavanya, I think we saw couple of weeks worth of training but otherwise there are missing weeks. 

I like to think that Khushi and Garima were on their own for a while until Khushi was 12 and that's when she married Shashi but they all lived in same area so Khushi and Payal kind of grew up together regardless. I honestly blame the narrative change for the gichmik of ages. Them committing Chach ji and making Garima the other woman when she wasn't suppose to be the one will always make me bitter! πŸ˜΅

YESSS OMG that shot is perfect symbolism too and for Khushi who looks up at the sky and stars for solace, her rajkummar arriving on a chopper was perfect manifestation of someone who'll get stars for her.

haha don't worry about it at all! The recaps are dense to write I'm sure responding takes similar energy! Plus, sharing all the recaps here because it's just so much fun and heartwarming to share thoughts over the episodes. As long as this remains all fun for everyone on the thread! 

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Originally posted by: Laad-Governess

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Yessssss!! I think that too!! I like to think When Arnav gifted Khushi those Jalebis, Salman ka poster, channa, Gol Gappa, pearl necklace, few weeks passed after that night, which they didn't show us!!! (When Arnav apologized in an appropriate way, they conversed, became comfortable with interaction) Then Dadi arrived!! Otherwise, how on earth Khushi just hugs Arnav from behind, how is she so comfortable within 24 hours and Arnav ain't surprised at all? And What you said on the podcast, they took therapy, then they arrived at the Shantivan from Guptas. That's what makes sense. Even after Shyam's second reveal, They didn't try to do anything to cheer up Anjali! I like to think Khushi and Arnav took care of Anjali, took the whole family for holidays, then ArShi had their Honeymoon. After that Arnav's Birthday should come! Otherwise, Anjali is damn broken and they just do nothing and she's okay?!

Originally posted by: Laad-Governess

Few things I liked about EJ, They bothered to tell us Shashi is fine now, he runs his own business smiley1

smiley37smiley37hum aake maafi mangte hainsmiley37smiley37

Great Observation!!smiley20

Absolutely loving your recaps πŸ’˜

I think the last twelve/ten days were consecutive but we missed moments in between from their day! I think overall their are days we didn't see from Lavanya's training, couple of days from their wedding in between, and Payal and Akash wedding preps because there were dialogues alluding to them meeting and talking on occasions which weren't shown. I do think that we see a list of within the year. 

Ahhhh, with Ek Jashan, I think star plus giving another production house the ability to shoot was the mistake. They could've done some kind of a merger or included 4L into the making of it and it would've been so much better with character consistencies. But definitely yeah, I liked the alluding of Shashi being able to run his sweet shop again. 

Thank you! I have a lot of fun writing these and reliving the memories! πŸ€—

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Originally posted by: PriyaArshiSarun

Great observation A. I literally love that scene when boy asked khushi about her Rajkumar and khushi saw up towards helicopter like showing her Rajkumar. Both Khushi and ASR are great. I love this show one of the reason is that here not change negative like Lavanya and also Nk. Both turn as khushi best friends. In other show after heartbreak the character turn negative and try to separate main pair taking revenge. I know NK is not in heartbreaking but In starting when he come, he love or we can say he like khushi but when he saw both khushi and Arnav eyes then he feel there are something between two of them so he back off. The background music of character show the depth of that character. IPKKND show us bonding of relationship like brother-sister or sister-sister or Brother- Brother, friendship.

Oh yes yes! The positivity of Lavanya and NK's unreciprocated feelings and their characters in general were so well written and maintained. 

There are so many smaller beautiful elements of the show and it really tugs on your heart strings! β€οΈ