eternal_soul thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Thanks❀️

eternal_soul thumbnail

Originally posted by: Estatic_Pea1073

Loved it.Waiting eagerly for the next update.

Thanks❀️ will update soon!

rishbala3018 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: eternal_soul

Sure, I will check it out soon!😊

πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

eternal_soul thumbnail

π’π‘πšπŠπ‘π’: π’π‘πšππ¨π°π¬ 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭                                   

✺ β”β”β”β”β”β” βœΊ

4 more months went by. Anokhi initially though that whatever feelings she has for him will fade away gradually, but instead it only grew stronger day after day. She said it very easily that she will stay at SIAC and will remain unbothered, but It was getting harder to see him every single day of these 6 months. The longingness to have him by her side, to feel that feeling of security she feels with him. She just urges to go and embrace him, to scream at him, as to why he holds such a mentality? Why can't he be that Shaurya who supports girls chasing their dreams for his wife too? Just why? 

βΈ»βΈ»βΈ»βΈ»

Shaurya proudly reminisced the words of Roshni when she informed him,

"Sir I can't convey you the amount of happiness I am feeling right now. And all thanks to anokhi, hearing about her experience really gave me the courage to speak up to my father. He didn't talk to me for days, but at the end cancelled the engagement; and said to me that he doesn't agree to my choice, but he can't live with the regret of forcing something so big like a marriage upon me." 

Shaurya couldn't feel prouder of both his students. Whatever mentality he had was only for his wife. He has never and will never discriminate between his male and female students. And the battle that both Anokhi and Roshni fought is nothing short of exemplary.

Did he say had? Oh yes he did, though he doesn't know till what extent; but he has warmed up to the idea of having an ambitious wife, after gaining more information through articles and books. Whenever he got time in the last 4 months, he read about the kinds of shackles through which the patriarchal society binds women. How women had to fight for almost every small thing in history and how they are still doing the same. But there was one snippet in one of the articles he read which had a profound effect on him:

---------------

'Working women are always asked as to how they balance work and home. But, working men are never asked the same question. Since even after working in a full time job, the responsibility of taking care of home and kids is always on women. Due to the pressure of both the responsibilities, many women quit the job, to do a job that no one else is willing to even help in, let alone dividing housework equally between both, in the end only to be taken for granted.

But, since other family members are not having to adjust or compromise around her schedules, after she left her job, and infact are benefitted now, women are expected to sacrifice. So, this decision isn't  always out of choice, but many a times due to circumstances and humungous pressure.

How right is it to expect women to sacrifice on their ambitions or dreams when both partners can pursue their careers, while putting in an equal effort in balancing career and home? And it is possible; after all many families where both partners are working, raise kids in an healthy environment, while putting in a team effort.

Why is a woman expected to give up on her career whereas a man never is? Why is he exempted from the pressure of balancing both home and work while putting unfair pressure on women. Isn't it double standards that are rooted from our own stereotype of century old gender roles?'

{Note: I haven't really taken this from any article, so if it does resemble to any article as such, then that's probably just a coincidence lol}

------------------------

'This does sound righteous and fair. What if tomorrow I have a daughter, will I tell her to not dream or have ambitions? I will be such a disappointment to her if I continue to have a thinking like this.

Son or daughter, if they see both their parents working, then atleast when they grow up, they won't be having the thoughts similar to mine.

I will never forgive 'that woman' for choosing her career while leaving behind a 4 year old. But keeping that aside for a moment, isn't it wrong that she was made to choose? She was made to choose solely because... she is a woman?  kanchan told me she really wanted to be an event manager or atleast make some sort of a career but then she got married and our home, doesn't allow women to work. Daughter-in-laws' opinions or voice is truly not heard in our home, the reason that gayatri chachi says she feels as though she has no identity or a voice of her own. Would 'that women' too be feeling the same if she stayed back? I don't have it in me to forgive her; but somewhere she too is a victim of the patriarchal rules of our household, isn't she?'

Do you think whatever I am doing is right, nikki?

Babli asked anokhi as they both were setting up things in their 1 room kitchen rental apartment. 

"Why are doubting the decision di? You just got rid of the thrash named Mr. Vineet Bhatia. You are now financially independent, earning well enough to sustain yourself. And, I am sure it is only onwards and upwards from now on. I know all of this shouldn't have happened in the first place, but it isn't easy to fight and you did it, with so much courage. I am so proud of you di; Please don't have an ounce of doubt on yourself." 

Babli couldn't stop herself from crying and hugging her little sister, her baby, the way she has encouraged her every single moment, the way she gave her the strength, no one else could.

"But sir, she has left the hostel.", the warden informed her.

He had come to give her her the assignment that she had left in his cabin while discussing about the same, and it was supposed to be submitted tomorrow. And also to see her, he wanted to act unbothered; but how can his heart do the same, that has been yearning for only one person in these 7 months. The fights, the bickerings, the comfort, the support, the care, the concern, her. 

And now, she left the hostel? Is she leaving SIAC too? But, why will she do that? This is her final year and she is performing so well, no she won't  Yet, the thought wasn't ready to leave his mind and it was enough to scare him to an extent that he dialed her number, for the first time in these 7 months.

"Anokhi, is everything alright?, I found out that you have left the hostel? Any problems?", He blabbered like an express train, while anokhi was reeling from the shock of seeing him calling her.

"Sir, everything is fine, please don't worry. 

Umm...actually sir, di has finally decided to seperate from jiju, so i have shifted with her in a rental flat in case she needs any support or help, nothing to worry about."

He sighed out of relief and Anokhi got an inkling as to what it might be that is worrying him; after all he called her after so long. She thinks to herself, that as much she wants to go away from him, her heart doesn't allow her to. On the other hand, she her lips curve in a slight smile thinking of how silly of him to have come to this conclusion of her leaving SIAC at this stage. 

Shaurya thought 100 times before saying the following, "If it is okay with you, may I come there, I will hand you your project and I also wanted to talk to babli ji."

At first she hesitated, so much time has gone by, and they haven't met outside the college setting. How is it going to turn out? But shaurya was the first person to put vineet in his place, he was the one who became both of their support. And she also knows, he must be really happy for babli di. And on top of that how can she stop him from meeting di anyway? That is not for her to decide. But she was confused as to what he wanted to talk to di about?

"Okay sir, I will text you the address"

Shaurya's heart hasn't felt this peaceful yet chaotic since a long time, he will set everything right, he has too. He can't live without her, and as much he could comprehend her unsaid emotions, he deciiphered that she can't either. I will convey her that I will try to never come in between her and her dreams. 

He has started asking questions and has begun to understand gradually that his thinking was so wrong, just because one woman had left her child for her career, doesn't mean all career- oriented women will do the same. Also, even if he wants to, he can't negate the fact that this choice shouldn't have been given to her in the first place. And what about dad? He failed as a husband for not being able to support her and also as a father. Das inspite of being with me was never with me. If he loved her so much, that he could drink his life away, but couldn't stand by her; is he really a victim?

All such thoughts were running in his mind all throughout his drive.

"Nikki must have put all this nonsensical thinking and words inside your mind, right babli? She has destroyed her life due to her 'I want to fly' nonsense and now is making you do the same. I perceived the same from the time Vineet informed me that you left the house."

(Hearing the knock on the door, Anokhi opened thinking that Shaurya has arrived, though she was surprised as to how he arrived so early, but she was shocked when she noticed her father and Vineet standing in front of the flat. They entered the flat just like that while nikki was taking in their presence.) 

"Papaji I have been telling you since the start, babli wasn't like this before nikki came living with us", Vineet commented.

"How did you get to know the address papaji and Mr. Vineet Bhatia.", anokhi questioned since she was damn sure that no one apart from her and babli and now shaurya knew where they were; they didn't even informed the address to mummyji. 

"First of all I am still your jeeja, so talk to me with respect and second of all, yesterday I followed you from your college to your apartment, I looked at the lift you took stopped at 3rd floor, and today when we arrived I saw both of your sandals outside this particular flat.You know, I haven't done my llb in the air"

Anokhi replies, "Ofcourse you are an amazing lawyer, and a quality that seperates you from other lawyers is the fact that it is very easy for you to understand what's going inside a criminal's brain, since your brain works in the same way"

Vineet: If you don't zip your mouth then- ;

This time Babli speaks up "Shutup Vineet Bhatia, I am not coming with you in that hell anymore-"

Before, she could speak more, she felt a stinging slap on her cheek, one she is too familiar with as she along with her sister have endured it. 

"PAPAJI?!" Anokhi screams resulting in her enduring the same stinging slap. 

Babli tried to stop him, but in vain.

"Why Papaji? He is a monster of a husband, please don't force me to live with him, and please, please don't hit nikki. She has no fault in al this, please." She stood there folding her hands begging him to spare her and her little sister.

Anokhi was feeling extremely scared, she flinches everytime even when someone shouts at her, because of this very fear. 

Whenever he used to beat her, say the things to her that no father would ever say to his child, She just wanted to curl up in one corner, away from her monster of a father and never see him, since if she doesn't come in front of him, he won't raise his hands on her, he won't right?

But the little girl in her always yearned for her father's love, that if he for once opens his arms so as to embrace, she inspite of all that has happened, that little girl who desperately craves his love, care and concern will run to hug him, like she always wanted since forever, but the adult nikki; she knew, that he hates her, that this can never be possible, she will never receive her father's love.

============

She always had these questions since childhood,

"Why does papaji hate us babli di, all my friends' father talkes too them so nicely, they go to their ptm, they get happy when my friends' get good marks?"

"They all love their daughters dearly di"

"Why does he beat me? What have I done wrong? While he doesn't even say anything to bhaiyya? I want him to love me and you like he loves bhaiyya.

"That's because we are girls, and we are just a bojh for him nikki. You recieve more beatings because you indulge in rebellious acts, but just know one thing; you are not wrong, none of this is your fault nikki..."

Whenever she used to see or hear her father shouting at or beating her mother, she wanted to go and protect her, to tell her father firmly that he can't beat her, she is the most soft hearted person ever, why is he doing this to her? On the other, in reality, she used to hide under the bed away from them, close her ears as firmly as possible and used to prays for his cruelty to end so that her mother doesn't have to endure it anymore at least on that day.

=============

She was horrified, scared and felt utterly helpless. She didn't understand what to do, she took a look at her elder sister who was frightened, babli desperately didn't want to go back. And nikki didn't know how but she won't let this happen.

Anokhi: You cannot make a choice on behalf of di! You made a choice of her life to get her married to him, and he is exactly like you, so obviously you will support him, right papaji?

Mr. Bhalla: Don't utter a word nikki, one daughter, that is you, has already tarnished our family honour, I won't let my another daughter do the same. Babli come with vineet right now, I anyway have no hopes with nikki, she has anyway chosen to go wherever she wants; One daughter has already died in my eyes, if you don't do what I am saying you will be dead in my eyes too, babli

"Its much better to be die in your eyes papaji, then to live every single moment in suffocation only to be dead one day whenever my so called husband can't control his hands. No papaji, I can't go now, infact I want to divorce him.", Babli manages to mutter in a low and weak voice. She herself doesn't know from where she is getting this courage, but she won't step back, she won't disappoint herself or her little sister, who has supported her in her every step.

"BABLI! DON'T YOU EVER THINK OF SUCH A THING AGAIN!" Ramesh Bhalla explodes.

As soon as he arrived on the 3rd floor, he heard a someone talking in a loud voice, "Did that sound come from this floor?', Shaurya thinks to himself.

Anokhi takes a deep breathe and finally states firmly keeping all her fear aside for her di, "Papaji if you, along with him don't go from here, I will have to call the police, and I am serious about it." 

She said it with such a determined and firm stance that both vineet and Mr. Bhalla were shocked. 

Mr. Bhalla: Nikki, you will go to such a level I-

Anokhi: Please go papaji, there is no use to make you understand because you won't, after all, as I said, you are similar to him with similar thoughts and behaviour; hence you will never understand.

Mr Bhalla for the first time hesitated, the fire in anokhi's eyes today was something different, something he has never seen before, even after all the rebellious acts she has pulled of, but today....."

Meanwhile Shaurya arrives in fornt of the door of their flat, and he sees that the entrance door is left ajar, he could hear some noises coming from the inside and he feared, 'what if its vineet?!' 

Nonetheless, Mr. Bhalla was infuriarated about her threat, and he inspite of hesitating, raises his hand to slap her and anokhi flinches-, 

Just then, shaurya opens the door only to be shocked at seeing the sight in front of him.

He wasn't only one in the room who was shocked, Vineet and Mr. Bhalla were too. He slowly puts his hand down and glares at anokhi, and faces shaurya to ask,

"Who are you and how can you come inside without knocking."

"He is Shaurya Sabherwaal Papaji, Nikki's Professor in her college." Vineet says with a disgust and also a tinge of fear as he recalls the night of Valentine's.

Since, they momentarily forgot he was about to come; anokhi and babli were shocked for a second too.

Shaurya kind of grasped being in the situation that he must be anokhi and babli ji's father

"So, you are nikki's professor, but the question is what are you doing here and how do you know the address?", Mr. Bhalla spoke trying to be as calm as he can, considering how much rage he was hiding beneath.

But, Shaurya couldn't hide any of it. He was raging, he saw how this man, her father?! was going to hit anokhi; he still couldn't believe his sight. Shaurya mentioned, "You don't have any right to question me when you yourself are doing a questionable thing. Were you rasing your hand on your daughter? That too an adult daughter?!

He knew that anokhi had some issues with her father but this.... this is just insane?! He still wanted to believe that nothing of this sort happened and it was just his dream or whatever it was, but not real.

✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺

I hope you like the part 2. This isn't how I originally planned the story lol, I hope the chapter wasn't all to dramatic; hopefully I didn't bore you with this) and shaurya's change in mindset was hopefully able to connect with you. Gonna convert this into a three shot since this was getting long, so the last update will be posted hopefully by next week.

Your honest feedback is wholeheartedly welcomed. I don't know how the outcome is lol, kinda apprehensive about this; would love to read your views on this part. Hopefully I didn't disappoint you. 

Shakhi conversation is warranted at this point so it will be there in the next part. Them having conversation about the change in soch/dynamics is where I wanted to get to.

(I edited a big chunk out of this update since I felt it was getting too long and the transition didn't feel smooth, so I would include the edited out chunk in the next part)

Take care and stay safe!smiley27

Edited by eternal_soul - 2 years ago
anjali9996 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Awesome update 

After a marvelous episode ,a perfect chap

Thanks for updating 

Loved it 

rishbala3018 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I loved how you showed Shaurya’s thinking about how things happen in his house, about Aastha as well and all the questions he has been battling with. 

His thinking changing gradually and that is how it should be. 25 years of thinking cannot change overnight. 

Nicely penned. 

Love Preet ❀

Hey.. I also kahi na kahi felt something was amiss. Then read the AN & realised 🀭 Anyway do write that part in the next ✌🏻

This update was so good since you showed how Shaurya's mentality has started changing gradually. His thought process, his misogynistic ideologies, his principles (Which are stupid πŸ˜†) & how he sees the world in a different light now πŸ’› It was such a good article (Which you wrote πŸ‘) & honestly, a logical way of showing him change

Then... Ugh! Mr. Bhalla & Vineet are such jerks & that too big time & them here is exactly who they are. Birds in a flock with trash mentality βœ‹πŸ» I felt bad for how Anokhi & Babli wee tolerating their harsh words & the slaps. They'll never mend their ways & that's why I want such people dead in shows πŸ˜„

Anyway good that Shaurya stepped in at the right time, waiting to know how the clash unfolds. Stay safe & take your time! πŸ˜Š

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

I legit teared up at the working women article part. Will write more if it's possible.

But we won't get this matured thing in show will we? Non consensual sindoor shadi πŸ˜΅ curse of watching an Indian show.

eternal_soul thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjali9996

Awesome update 

After a marvelous episode ,a perfect chap

Thanks for updating 

Loved it 

Thank you❀️